Mafia Mini a la surprise

Piper of Chaos

Just for fun - why don't we add your name into the pot? You've got 2 votes too.

Harlot
Mexal
WJ
Spider

I'm putting WJ up ahead of Spider because Spider hasn't done anything to trip any alarms. In the last few posts, WJ has.

Oh - you want me to [i]explain[/i] my gut feelings? It's not much, but WJ made sure to state that he had more votes on him than Mex at the time Harlot voted. I had looked at that, but realized that WJ likely would not get more votes, whereas Mexal might, so it actually makes sense if he's looking long term. I even posted and said, yeah - you're right, then had to go back and edit an extra line or two in and say - but not really.

Also, that my 'solid point' WJ commented on is something I wouldn't expect WJ to overlook. That's it - it's all I got.

[quote name='Gertrude' post='1377685' date='May 30 2008, 16.33']Just for fun - why don't we add [WJ's] name into the pot? [He's] got 2 votes too.[/quote]

1. Spider
2. WJ
4. Mexal/Harlot - only for the lynch

I have been tasked with taking care of you lot through the end of today and the start of day 2. Send your night actions to me and if they are good I'll let them go through, otherwise I'll change them to something better. :)

Well, I'm around.

I don't have much to really say at this point. I still like WJ as the most likely to be guilty based on my own feelings. It seems only West and Spidey agrees with me so it's very unlikely he'll get anymore votes.

The only reason I can see Harlot voting me like he did is that he doesn't think Spidey is guilty and is more likely to believe I'll be lynched over WJ (and could potentially be partnered with WJ which I can see him being paranoid about since well, he's always paranoid about us) which is the truth since no one else will vote WJ while Gert, AE will vote me which means others will follow to ensure a lynch. Not to mention that there are other people out there who believe Spidey looks perfectly fine for parroting me.

AE's arguments against me are completely ridiculous and I can't believe no one is looking at them.

[quote name='AE']I don't buy Mexal's original arguement that WJ was being overdefensive because he used "really" twice (to simpligy). I mean...first, the question had been raised three times in as many posts (me saying it 'made me nervous', VSM calling it 'spooky', and Kat saying she was leaving her vote on Mexal till it was explained). Now...I don't think any of us three were about to lynch either Mexal or Whiskeyjack over it, but nonetheless, that does seem to indicate that it requires a response. I actually found Mexal's response very unsatisfactory. (But Whiskeyjack was the one 'following' him, not vice versa.) And I didn't like him calling the Harlot case "a true work of beauty" and leaving it at that, and then jumping headfirst into argument with Whiskeyjack once he (Whiskeyjack) appeared.[/quote]

She says that my argument against WJ for being overdefensive was that he used "really" twice when it wasn't. It was that he explained votes extra clearly when it was unnecessary, that he asked rhetorical questions that he didn't want answered to accentuate the point (I mean, really?) and that he then turned it around into making Kat the target. That was what I said, not that he just said "really twice." I hate when people simplify my arguments to make points, especially when they take the weakest part of the argument and use it as the basis.

You might have been serious but consider my point of view. My first vote on AE was a joke vote followed by WJ's joke vote. My first vote on Harlot was a joke vote followed by a real case by WJ. Why did that need to be questioned and why would I expect anyone is serious enough to believe that we were partners and voting the same? Why would I assume it needed a response when I felt it was so idiotic?

My comment about Harlot's case was at the end of a joke post showing how stupid the comments about us voting together was and it was written 2 minutes before I left for work. When I got into work, I got into an argument with WJ which dominated discussion. Again, you're making it sound like I made that post, sat at my computer refreshing every 20 seconds waiting for WJ to appear just so I could create an argument with the best player on the board who is most likely to catch me if I was guilty and bullshitting. Seriously, that's some warped logic and it annoys me that no one even thinks at how stupid it is. And if AE calls me rude for saying it, I could care less.

[quote name='AE']I don't know quite what to make of the two of you. But I think Mexal comes off worse for the exchange, because things like "I'm evaluating your response, it may or may not be suspicious" (basically) and[/quote]

Again, you're simplifying my argument to make it look as bad as possible when that's not how it went at all. I did find him suspicious and at no point did I say I didn't. I didn't know if he was evil however and I don't know how you can fault me for that given that it's early day 1. What else do you do when you question people or attack their posts? Evaluate their responses. God forbid I actually say I'm evaluating their response amidst an argument. That's a clear sign of my guilt :rolleyes:

[quote name='AE']just look bad. I'm sorry, but if you want to accuse someone of twisting words and arguments or being overdefensive or whatever, don't try to pretend that "you do this especially when you're evil" is any different than "you sometimes do this when you're innocent, but you especially do it when you're evil, so it's pretty much a strong indicator that you're evil".[/quote]

Well it was to me and you know what, THAT POST HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH ME SAYING HE WAS TWISTING MY WORDS. If you want to make that my argument, at least use the part where I argued he was twisting my words when he was telling Spidey that "I said he wasn't suspicious" and using it to question Spidey. At least use the part where I called him on it and he wasn't able to produce where I said he wasn't suspicious. Do not make an argument against me by cutting out a random quote amidst 20 posts and applying it where it doesn't belong.

You're looking for reasons to justify a vote on me and it's so fucking stupid that it makes me really mad.

Seriously, after reading this over, there is absolutely zero way for me to believe that you're innocent. It's just not possible. That post was so warped and such an attempt to justify a vote on me later that I can't fathom you doing that as an innocent.

Edited at the request of a mod to make it AE friendly. That doesn't change how annoyed I am though.

You got that nightkill I sent to Piper, right? The one on VSM? Consider it confirmed. (Kat agrees.)

I think at this point I [i]might[/i] lynch Whiskeyjack over Harlot (who was my 3rd). Mainly because of information, etc. Don't really suspect either of them though, and am much happier with a Mexal or Spidey lynch.

[quote name='Săptămânăpaug' post='1377709' date='May 31 2008, 00.49']I have been tasked with taking care of you lot through the end of today and the start of day 2. Send your night actions to me and if they are good I'll let them go through, otherwise I'll change them to something better. :)[/quote]

This is Week btw, the ancient Romanian bastard. :P

And just when you thought that being trapped in Austria is bad enough, you dicover a radio that is playing [url="http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=2rG6491LBFc"]this song[/url] only..... :hat:

[quote name='Gertrude' post='1377685' date='May 30 2008, 17.33']Also, that my 'solid point' WJ commented on is something I wouldn't expect WJ to overlook. That's it - it's all I got.[/quote]

That's a fair point because it's true. WJ doesn't normally overlook logic and to throw himself out there like he was going to get lynched just doesn't make sense. He had to know that AE, Kat, you and VSM all said you weren't going to lynch him yet he acted like he was a prime candidate cause he had two votes.

[quote name='AutumnEvenings' post='1377713' date='May 30 2008, 17.53']You got that nightkill I sent to Piper, right? The one on VSM? Consider it confirmed. (Kat agrees.)

I think at this point I [i]might[/i] lynch Whiskeyjack over Harlot (who was my 3rd). Mainly because of information, etc. Don't really suspect either of them though, and am much happier with a Mexal or Spidey lynch.[/quote]

How nice of you. You [i]might[/i] lynch WJ...

Who else [i]might[/i] you lynch?

[quote name='Mexal der Mann' post='1377720' date='May 30 2008, 16.56']That's a fair point because it's true. WJ doesn't normally overlook logic and to throw himself out there like he was going to get lynched just doesn't make sense. He had to know that AE, Kat, you and VSM all said you weren't going to lynch him yet he acted like he was a prime candidate cause he had two votes.[/quote]

Just to clarify - my quote was refering to me saying that Harlot might want you lynched to pull suspicion off of himslef when you come up innocent.

The point you are refering to is the first one I mentioned, and the one that makes me feel the most uneasy about WJ.

[quote name='Gertrude' post='1377685' date='May 30 2008, 16.33']Oh - you want me to [i]explain[/i] my gut feelings? It's not much, but WJ made sure to state that he had more votes on him than Mex at the time Harlot voted. I had looked at that, but realized that WJ likely would not get more votes, whereas Mexal might, so it actually makes sense if he's looking long term. I even posted and said, yeah - you're right, then had to go back and edit an extra line or two in and say - but not really.[/quote]

Mexal and Spider had already voted for me. West hadn't commented, but c'mon.....its pretty damn obvious that he's going to be willing to vote for me. We disagree on everything and he always finds me suspicious, and vice versa. Hell, when he did show up, he basically admitted that he's tempted to vote for me because he's afraid of me, regardless of my alignment. So that's 3. Harlot would have made 4. And if we got to 4, then who knows what could have happened. Kat was expressing some doubts about me....she could have made 5. Or somebody else could have shifted over to get the lynch.

To say it was impossible to lynch me, when it would have been very easy to get me to 4 out of 5 votes, is just ridiculous.

[quote]Also, that my 'solid point' WJ commented on is something I wouldn't expect WJ to overlook. That's it - it's all I got.[/quote]

I was finishing up a few projects at work while I was posting, and I missed something. But really....can you explain how overlooking that point is an indication of guilt? If I am FM, how does that gain me an advantage? If I was FM, I'd want Harlot to look evil under any scenario. Wouldn't want to undermine the Harlot = FM, Mexal = innocent scenario, in case we lynch Mexal today (in that situation, if I was FM, I'd know that Mexal was innocent and would anticipate that result from the CF). Would want to maintain Harlot as a suspect who I could attack the next day.

[quote name='Mexal der Mann' post='1377729' date='May 30 2008, 16.02']How nice of you. You [i]might[/i] lynch WJ...

Who else [i]might[/i] you lynch?[/quote]
Oh, I'm sorry, I thought I made it perfectly clear that I would lynch [i]anyone[/i] who wasn't AE.

If you keep reading to the next two words of my sentence, "over Harlot", it should become clear that I meant I might prefer that lynch to a Harlot lynch.

This was because Gert asked us to toss Whiskeyjack's name into the list.

Oh and here is the last thing Kat said about me and Mexal -

[quote name='Kat']Edit: But it's tough because I don't like how Mexal's defending me, or how WJ went into early attack-mode against Harlot on something I didn't find particularly suspicious. I actually agree with Spider and Mexal about how evil WJ plays, no matter how many times WJ wants to deny it. However, I'm not sure I want to characterize him as evil just yet.[/quote]

That certainly doesn't sound as if she is saying she won't vote for me today. She's [u]not sure[/u] she wants to characterize me as evil [u]just yet[/u]. That's not even close to saying she isn't going to vote for me.

So, 1) Kat definitely could have been the 5th vote, and 2) it's interesting how Mexal bandwagons on to Gert's suspicion and says -

[quote name='Mexal']WJ doesn't normally overlook logic and to throw himself out there like he was going to get lynched just doesn't make sense. He had to know that AE, Kat, you and VSM all said you weren't going to lynch him yet he acted like he was a prime candidate cause he had two votes.[/quote]

So, Mex....care to show me where Kat says she won't lynch me? Because I can't seem to find it.

Who's twisting words and being manipulative now?

So Mex, looks like you've got the game solved. First of all your discussion with WJ escalates to the point where you say - 'You know what, I really do think you're evil (guilty)'. Now, you say there's absolutely zero way that you can see AE as innocent, so there are our 2 killers. Game over - quick and easy.

So how can I take you seriously Mex? You make some good points, in both ... ahem ... 'discussions', but then go so overboard that I have a hard time separating logic from emotion and don't know how to take your posts. I can agree that AE's initial 'case' against you was less than satisfying. Then it goes back the other way and I see you reaching for ways to discredit her. All I can see now is a personal grudge and any valid point either of you makes on the other will be lost.

It is day 1.

9 players remain: AutumnEvenings, Gertrude, Harlot, Kat, Mexal, Ser Spider, VerySmallMonster, West, Whiskeyjack.

5 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

3 votes for Mexal (Whiskeyjack, Harlot, AutumnEvenings)
2 votes for Harlot (Gertrude, VerySmallMonster)
2 votes for Ser Spider (Kat, West)
2 votes for Whiskeyjack (Mexal, Ser Spider)

[u]1.5[/u] hours left in the day.

WJ - I didn't say I was actually suspicious of you - I'm not. I'm just ranking the top 4 vote-getters. There's absolutely no reason your name shouldn't have been listed when you asked for our preferences. Like I said - you only rank higher than Spider cause I've had twinges in my gut about you and none for Spider.

And yes, it is possible that you could have garnered 5 votes, but the momentum had kind of swung Mexal's way with me and VSM agreeing more with you. My perception at the time was that more support could have been drummed up to lynch Mex than you, numbers be damned.

[quote name='Gertrude' post='1377769' date='May 30 2008, 17.41']numbers be damned.[/quote]
My kind of woman. :P

My statement about Mexal with regards to the arguement he and Whiskeyjack were having wasn't a case, by the way. It was just me commenting on what-all I'd missed during the night and morning. When I make cases, people know. ;)

But really, I wrote that shit ages ago, and Mexal just now suspects me (or at least, kept his certainties that I was evil close to his chest until now). I didn't do anything other than move my vote from my favorite, but unatainable, lynch to him, since day is almost over, it's a CF game, lynch is good, etc. I'm not gonna get all bent out of shape over his diatribe, and instead recognize it for what it is: he doesn't like that I voted him.

Archived