Mafia Mini a la surprise

Piper of Chaos

[quote name='Whiskeydracul' post='1377752' date='May 30 2008, 17.24']Mexal and Spider had already voted for me. West hadn't commented, but c'mon.....its pretty damn obvious that he's going to be willing to vote for me. We disagree on everything and he always finds me suspicious, and vice versa. Hell, when he did show up, he basically admitted that he's tempted to vote for me because he's afraid of me, regardless of my alignment. So that's 3.[/quote]

Please don't make it sound like I am gunning for you, or I would be willing to vote for you without any thought involved. No, I don't trust you, but I am willing to give you a chance. Would I vote for you? Sure, to get the lynch... same as Mex and Harlot. Yes, you are ranked higher on my list of the 4 of you, but I don't think you are guilty... I said that in the post you quoted.

Tempted to vote for you is a far cry from actually voting. And I am not afraid of you... I am sure you are a nice guy. I am afraid of what Evil WJ can do to Team Good. So I'd be vote 5 -- at the end of the day --not vote 3.

edit: capitalization

It is day 1.

9 players remain: AutumnEvenings, Gertrude, Harlot, Kat, Mexal, Ser Spider, VerySmallMonster, West, Whiskeyjack.

5 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

4 votes for Mexal (Whiskeyjack, Harlot, AutumnEvenings, Gertrude)
2 votes for Ser Spider (Kat, West)
2 votes for Whiskeyjack (Mexal, Ser Spider)
1 vote for Harlot (VerySmallMonster)

50 minutes left in the day.

It is day 1.

9 players remain: AutumnEvenings, Gertrude, Harlot, Kat, Mexal, Ser Spider, VerySmallMonster, West, Whiskeyjack.

5 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

5 votes for Mexal (Whiskeyjack, Harlot, AutumnEvenings, Gertrude, West)
2 votes for Whiskeyjack (Mexal, Ser Spider)
1 vote for Ser Spider (Kat)
1 vote for Harlot (VSM)

The group was very undecided. Individual pairs found themselves in agreement, it was not until near the end of the day that it seemed more clear that Mexal would be lynched. With Gertrude's change of heart his fate was set and West sealed his fate.

"West, time for you to make good on your promise," WJ said pointedly.

West looked around and realized he only had one option. It wasn't his favorite decision, but it was the one that had to be made. West turned and pointed at Mexal, "Him."

Whiskeydracul excitedly ripped off his metal studded cleat from his right foot before anyone else said anything and charged, "For Romania!!!" He leapt forward with his right hand raised, grasping his makeshift weapon. One savage swing embedded the heel studs into Mexal's forehead and he slowly crumpled to the ground. Somewhere all of a sudden [i]Requiem[/i] could be heard playing as his blood began to pool.

Mexal was lynched.
SPOILER: He was

wait for it..

wait for it...

still waiting?

Can you all handle the truth?

I'm not sure you can...

Oh allllrrright...he was a DIRTY AUSTRIAN FAN!

[b]It is NIGHT, please send in your PMs.[/b]

[quote name='West' post='1377536' date='May 30 2008, 14.35'][u]Scenario 1: both WJ and Mex are innocent[/u]
[s]This is IMHO the most likely. Two innocent players on different sides of an argument. The fun thing about this is all the FM do is sit back and watch... OR egg them on. I would call Spider's participation in the argument egging on.[/s]

[u]Scenario 2: both WJ and Mex are mafia[/u]
I will admit this possibility jumped into my mind almost immediatly when I realized they were at it. Day one is a good day to have a "fight" with your partner. It's the day that takes the most votes to get a lynch, other players are more likely to let the fight blow over later in the game, but the FM can always go back and say, "We can be partners! Look at the way he treated me day one!" However looking back, I don't get the feel of a staged fight. Second least likely option at this point.

[u]Scenario 3: WJ FM, Mex innocent[/u]
[s]This is where my natural fear/admiration of WJ automatically takes me. In this scenario, WJ first symped Mex with a vote on Harlot, then really was overdefensive (Post 61), and then tried to cover it up by doing what he does. And to some extent, I do feel that he was defensive. But I don't think it to be [i]over[/i]defensive. However, I think this more likely than scenario 2 or 4. I would rank this as the second to best option.[/s]

[u]Scenario 4: WJ innocent, Mex FM[/u]
In this scenario, Mexal is attacking WJ to throw us off the scent of Harlot... who he voted for. Not buying it. Least likely option at the point.[/quote]
Shit.

I hate day one.

Go ahead and laugh Mex.

:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Five thumbs down for SF public transit. :tantrum:

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

for lynching someone evil on day 1, no thanks to me. :(

[quote name='Whiskeydracul' post='1377853' date='May 30 2008, 21.36']See....only good things come from trusting Whiskeyjack. You should all do it more often.[/quote]
:lol:

Anyway, having done a quick overview of the thread with this new information in hand...

Potential partners for Mexal: West, Kat, Harlot, Ser Spider, Gertrude (and VSM)
Of these, I am less suspicious of Gertrude and Ser Spider. Gert because I have agreed with just about everything she has said so far. True, it looks like I was very wrong, but this still makes me inclined to trust her. Ser Spider because I don't think he would have been acting so completely in tandem with Mexal if they were actually partners.

Harlot-here I am torn. I cannot decide if he would have put a 2nd vote on his partner just before leaving when he could easily have voted someone else (maybe not WJ, but he could have voted Spider or myself). On the other hand, he was looking like a likely lynch target himself at the time, so he might have decided it would be best to go out with a vote on his partner. :unsure:

Kat-seems to have missed much of the debate, so there's not much to go on. She's a top suspect through process of elimination.

West-He cast the second vote on Ser Spider, bringing him tied with Mexal, WJ, and Harlot. I think this vote makes sense as a partner who doesn't want to see an FM lynched on day 1, but also doesn't want to look like an obvious partner if it does happen. He couldn't very well have voted Harlot, because he had already objected to the case, and I don't think he could have voted WJ, because it would probably come back to bite him in the ass if either WJ or Mexal were lynched.

Harlot- I think your placement in the lynchmob signifies your innocence. For the record, I would have voted for you earlier if the mob had swung that way and I had actually been around (:tantrum:) but my post was supposed to mean you were about 4th on my suspicion list.

I suspect West as a partner. WJ might believe otherwise, but his reaction to the lynch rings false to me, and I didn't like his vote on Spider earlier. Bad timing.

[quote name='Katarina die Siegerin' post='1377868' date='May 30 2008, 20.59']Harlot- I think your placement in the lynchmob signifies your innocence. For the record, I would have voted for you earlier if the mob had swung that way and I had actually been around (:tantrum:) but my post was supposed to mean you were about 4th on my suspicion list.

I suspect West as a partner. WJ might believe otherwise, but his reaction to the lynch rings false to me, and I didn't like his vote on Spider earlier. Bad timing.[/quote]

Why would I believe otherwise? I suspect West too.

Here's my suspect list - Harlot, West, Kat, VSM

Spider is lower than those 4 because I don't think he and Mexal would have made the exact same arguments and been so obvious about a partnership.

And I tend to trust Gert and AE.

Archived