Mafia Mini a la surprise

Piper of Chaos

No, not really.

I kinda want to lynch VSM now, 'cause if I'm wrong about her being evil, it would suck to lynch her at endgame* and lose it.

I still feel good about Harlot, but the paranoia in me wonders if that's why I'm still alive. Still feel weird about Spidey, but I can't tell if that's because of his playstyle or what. Still have mixed feelings on you.

This is a worthless post, but I can't help it. I've been awake for ages and ages now and despite the alcohol consumed I still can't sleep.

Fuck Nevada, by the way. Just sayin'.

-----
*Assuming I make it that far. Which, sorry Gert. :cry: I did my best. I even said I remotely suspected you.

I'm the finder. I investigated VSM on night 1 and she came up innocent.

Why did I choose finder? Well, we started out with an odd number of players. Making myself BP would have possibly gained us a lynchless day, which I believe is not that much useful. Of course, I'd also have to get targeted in order for this to happen, and I didn't have the time to play in such a manner that would draw a nightkill. As a healer, again, I'd have to block a kill two times during the course of the game in order for the innocents to actually benefit from my role. In a game with only 3 NKs until the endgame, this is highly unlikely.

Why did I investigate VSM? To start off, she was somewhat of a blind spot to me, and I wanted to cut my suspect list. Second, her play kinda reminded me of the Kingsguard game, where she was guilty, and I was partly hoping for a guilty result. Third, I knew that she would probably survive it to at least day 3, when we are able to make decent use of two CIs.

Why did I use my investigation on night 1, and waited until day 3 to come out? I originally planned to either get a guilty result and come out or get an innocent result and come out if WJ lived, thus creating 3 VPIs out of 7. Since WJ was killed, I decided to wait until day 3, since it was probable that both VSM and I will live to see it (I even pushed a bit for Gert's NK, putting her at the bottom of my list, when in fact she wasn't there...sorry Gert, but at the time I felt as if I was endangered, since my response to AE's idea just screamed 'ROLED' to me). As a result, we now have two CIs and a chance of 67% to win the game.

Why am I calling us CIs? VSM obviously is one. There is just one FM left, and if I'm the one, she's innocent. If I'm innocent, I'm telling the truth and we're both cool. But I also have to be innocent, because of the counterclaim possibility. If I was evil and a true roled player counterclaimed now, all you'd have to do would be to lynch us both. This is also why I won't get a counterclaimed now. Among the dead players, West knew he was getting lynched, so he would have come out. Gert was also a probable NK, as she acknowledged, and would have told us her role before the night ended. WJ would have either made himself bulletproof or would have played a safer game on day 1.

So, let's win this! :D

Unless Kat or AE decide to counter-claim, here's how things stand as I see them:

Spidey: Finder - CI
VSM: RI - CI'd by Finder
Harlot: RI
AE: unlikely partner of Mexal
Kat: Most likely partner of Mexal

I haven't really looked at AE as a suspect yet. Kat seems the most obvious lynch but I suggest we start by re-reads on myself, Kat and AE. There has to be a FM among the 3 of us.

I'll wait for counterclaims of course, but I don't see any reason to doubt Spidey. If he was evil all he needed to do was sit back and watch us lynch me and Kat.

Also, Harlot, I wasn't going to mention this before because I didn't want to affect the nightkill, but I don't think it is possible for AE and Mexal to be partners. If you look at some of their interactions day 1, it's pretty clear they are not in league.

I don't know.

Spidey, why didn't you claim yesterday? Because Whiskeyjack was dead? I don't get it. Yesterday, no one (except you) suspected me, and no one suspected Gert. You knew very well that VSM was my top suspect, and you decided to let me go through the day in that mindframe because...? You also knew you were high on several people's lists and you decided to wait because...?

Sorry, but I'm not about to buy this.

VSM, you say he had to just sit back and wait for us to lynch you and Kat. Do you think that would happen? No one ever wanted to lynch you. (Except me. :P) And I didn't really want to lynch Kat. I did want to lynch Spidey. I think if we'd lynched Kat today and she came up innocent, Spidey would have had a very hard time of it tomorrow.

I just don't know. This claim feels very off to me.

Also, the logical time to claim really was yesterday.

Yesterday, were any of you thinking anyone was the finder and hadn't claimed? And would any of you have chosen any role but finder? So...were any of you [i]not[/i] thinking Whiskeyjack was our dead finder?

That said (sorry for the triple post), Spidey's claim, whether real or not, clears VSM. The only other possibility would be that he's an innocent fake-claiming for the hell if it, and I despise that sort of thing so much that I'm not even going to consider it.

That leaves me with Spidey, Harlot, and Kat. I don't really suspect Harlot (though frankly, if we had a finder who acted Night One, I'd've thought he or West would be the investigation choices given the proceeding day, because...come on. Whiskeyjack was VPI and Harlot was his top suspect as well as being on everyone's (by memory) short-list of highly acceptable lynched, and West just looked totally evil and asked to be investigated). This leaves me with Spidey and Kat.

I want to hear from Kat, but I wouldn't be opposed to lynching her today and shelving the argument of Spidey's claim until the next day if needed. (I'll be rather busy today with family anyway.)

And yeah, there's no way in hell that I can be Mexal's partner. So if we believe Spidey, it's Kat or Harlot, and I *do* feel better about Harlot than I do about Kat (as of right now--I still want to hear from her before doing anything).

[quote name='AutumnEvenings' post='1379190' date='Jun 1 2008, 14.08']VSM, you say he had to just sit back and wait for us to lynch you and Kat. Do you think that would happen? No one ever wanted to lynch you. (Except me. :P) And I didn't really want to lynch Kat. I did want to lynch Spidey. I think if we'd lynched Kat today and she came up innocent, Spidey would have had a very hard time of it tomorrow.

I just don't know. This claim feels very off to me.[/quote]
Eh, maybe I'm just suprised more people didn't want to lynch me yesterday, since I thought that I made sense as a potential partner in the same way that Kat and West did. If we had lynched Kat today and she came up innocent, I would have expected the group to turn to me next.

On finders not revealing yesterday... I just assumed that the one-shot hadn't realized that they should use their investigation night 1. :dunno: Evidently I was wrong, and yes he probably should have revealed yesterday but... I still want to lynch Kat today. :P

Just in case you might want to vote at some point...

It is day 3.

5 players remain: AutumnEvenings, Harlot, Kat, Ser Spider, VerySmallMonster.

3 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

5 players have not voted: AutumnEvenings, Harlot, Kat, Ser Spider, VerySmallMonster.

I agree with you AE--something feels weird about Spider's claim.

[i]On the other hand[/i], one reason he could have had for not coming out with his investigation yesterday is that he wanted to do it his way, and he distrusted you because you were saying he should claim. I disagree with the reasoning--after all, yesterday there were basically 5 suspects and chances to lynch, and the nightkills pretty much had to be AE and Gert. I thought it was unlikely that Spider would die instead of one of those two.

I dunno, though. Harlot(?) asked yesterday what West thought of the possibility of Mexal and Spider being partners since they kept repeating each other's arguments. I didn't suspect Spider much yesterday, but I also considered the likelihood that Mexal and Spider could have been partners who didn't have very good communication. It's hard to get in touch with Spider given his timezone and availability of computer. I found that out when we were mods together, so I'm not sure if communication would have been any better for him as a killing partner.

I'm still not up for being lynched today. I think I'd rather try out [b]Spider[/b] today, due to the general weirdness of his claim, and then if the game doesn't end, whoever's left with me and Harlot tomorrow can...well...think about lynching me yet again. And probably go through with it and lose the game, since AE doesn't want to lynch Harlot and VSM has been all over me like a cheap suit. :P

Anyway, that's all I got. I'm off to hike and pick berries.

(It's going to be ironic if it was Spider--who both West and I voted for on Day 1--and West and I both were at each other's throats yesterday, and we both end up lynched and Spider wins the game. :|)

It is day 3.

5 players remain: AutumnEvenings, Harlot, Kat, Ser Spider, VerySmallMonster.

3 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

1 vote for Kat (VerySmallMonster)
1 vote for Ser Spider (Kat)

3 players have not voted: AutumnEvenings, Harlot, Ser Spider.

A re-read of AE leaves me less convinced of her innocence than I had originally thought. Because I had not really considered her a suspect prior, I went back with a specific plan of looking at her as Mexal's partner. Below is the best theory I have as to how they could have been partners:

IN POST 53, AE is the first person to point out that WJ is vote following Mexal, but the post has a jokey tone.

POST 105
[quote name='AutumnEvenings' post='1377197' date='May 30 2008, 12.14']Hmm.

At first I wanted to be glib about "who'd've thought a game with Whiskeyjack and Mexal would turn into them fighting?"

Now I need to think about it. Seriously, I'm trying to shake the feeling that it's staged. Or at least partly staged.

I don't buy Mexal's original arguement that WJ was being overdefensive because he used "really" twice (to simpligy). I mean...first, the question had been raised [i]three[/i] times in as many posts (me saying it 'made me nervous', VSM calling it 'spooky', and Kat saying she was leaving her vote on Mexal till it was explained). Now...I don't think any of us three were about to lynch either Mexal or Whiskeyjack over it, but nonetheless, that does seem to indicate that it requires a response. I actually found Mexal's response very unsatisfactory. (But Whiskeyjack was the one 'following' him, not vice versa.) And I didn't like him calling the Harlot case "a true work of beauty" and leaving it at that, and then jumping headfirst into argument with Whiskeyjack once he (Whiskeyjack) appeared.

I don't know quite what to make of the two of you. But I think Mexal comes off worse for the exchange, because things like "I'm evaluating your response, it may or may not be suspicious" (basically) and just look bad. I'm sorry, but if you want to accuse someone of twisting words and arguments or being overdefensive or whatever, don't try to pretend that "you do this especially when you're evil" is any different than "you sometimes do this when you're innocent, but you especially do it when you're evil, so it's pretty much a strong indicator that you're evil".

Spidey hopping in and out of the argument...eh. It [i]was[/i] what was going on. But it also comes across as weird. I haven't played much (any?) with Spider, so I don't know, but it does seem like he's making a hell of a lot of effort to "be involved". I generally read that as a sign of really-not-wanting-to-be-lynched, which in most people is a sign of evilness. :P Also, same nitpciking: "He thinks you're evil, he hasn't *concluded* it"...gross. Regardless, I'd like to hear some original thoughts (not just Croatian translations) from you please.

My vote goes to [b]VerySmallMonster[/b] though. Love you babe, good to see you around and all, and I definitely understand about limited time constraints, but you really, really (two reallys!) could have done more with the time you had last (real life) night.[/quote]

She suggests that the WJ/Mexal dustup was staged, meaning both WJ and Mex are evil. She goes on to criticize Mexal particularly tho. A fair piece of distancing and also puts her on the WJ side of the argument as insurance. Ultimately tho, she votes for VSM because she expects more from her.

POST 109
[quote name='AutumnEvenings' post='1377233' date='May 30 2008, 12.38']Mexal, I am just warning you that I'm very fed up with you (and others) bringing up my gameplay and calling it awful, illogical, etc. in the last game I played. You were so rude about it in the spoilers that [i]several[/i] people jumped on you, and many of them said my gameplay was just fine and dandy, if not excellent. I refrained from posting entirely because it wasn't worth it to me to get into it, as you would clearly not listen to me, and I don't much care what you think of me. Yet you keep bringing it up though (you seem to forget that I'm (for a few more days, anyway) a metamod, and thus am often tasked with reading games I'm not playing in and spoilers I'm not posting in), and are always rude about it. So lay off.

Sorry for making this public as it really doesn't belong in the game, but I can't contact you off-thread, and I'm frankly beyond sick of the attitude you display. Especially since, you know, suspecting someone for various reasons, including meta reasons, is hardly unique and is being displayed [i]by you[/i] in this very game.

/rant[/quote]

I assume that this is what VSM is referring to as the interactions that mean they are not partners. But I keep coming back to it. Firstly, this post is after WJ puts the vote on Mexal and secondly, Mexal had not posted between her last post and this. She had read the whole WJ/Mex argument, commented on it. Why did she feel the need to respond this way just then? I don't know enough about Mex and AE out-of-game, but random.org doesn't discriminate on whether people dislake each other. And I wouldn't put it past Mex to use something like that as a distancing technique. Certainly no one is going to think they are partners after this exchange. Call it end of game paranoia but I'm not rejecting it out of hand. It's more my reaction that this would be something Mex might do. Mex's response is short and he leaves the thread to cool off.

[quote name='Gertrude' post='1377250' date='May 30 2008, 12.46']*hugs AE*[/quote]

And the exchange immediately gets a sympathetic response for AE.

She then pushes VSM a bit again but then discounts the case against Mex.

POST 122
[quote name='AutumnEvenings' post='1377358' date='May 30 2008, 13.34']Well, I'm only sort of paying attention. ;) But see, I'm voting VSM right now. It's fun to make her comment on the game and to guage how serious her vote on Harlot is and stuff. If she doesn't chew my femoral artery ('cause that's the only one she can reach :P) off with her little teeth, she might say something that makes me suspect someone else, and then I vote [i]them[/i] until they die or someone else is worse.[/quote]

Here I feel like she's basically admitting the "case" on VSM is nothing and she's not serious about it. She's certainly not pushing it as a serious case.

POST 131
[quote name='AutumnEvenings' post='1377443' date='May 30 2008, 14.29']The Harlot case was going on, yeah. But also, which is what bugs me, [i]three[/i] people (in a game that takes five to lynch) had commented on you two were voting together. His (Mexal's) initial response seemed "off" to me, and then he did nothing but wait for you to show up and begin quarelling with you. It just seems really weird to me; like we said "you guys seem like partners" and his response is "haha, no" followed by "he's the bad one, he's the bad one, he's the bad one!"

But then again, I didn't make the Harlot case and wasn't superimpressed by it, so maybe we have different points of view.

Does anyone know how much time we have left?

People I wouldn't mind lynching today, in order:
1) VSM
2) Mexal
3) Spidey
4) Harlot
5) Kat
6) Whiskeyjack
7) Gert

Hmm. Aren't there 9 of us? Who am I missing (aside from AE, who I definitely do not want lynched).[/quote]

Still lists VSM as her top suspect and Mexal as suspect #2, a nice distancing position for your partner.

POST 137
[quote name='AutumnEvenings' post='1377487' date='May 30 2008, 14.57']Because she probably has limited time (this is just a guess based on what I know of her life and of what I know of how much time she's had for mafia in the past few games she's played) and is posting but choosing to not really make any comments (except in [url="http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?s=&showtopic=28657&view=findpost&p=1377296"]this post[/url], where she agrees with what Gert says and follows her vote onto Harlot).

I also didn't much like her vote on Harlot--it's true that both Mexal and Whiskeyjack had moved off him by that point, leaving only Gert, so it was really just a 2nd vote, but since he seemed (and still seems) the likely lynch, I would have liked better reasoning than "I want him to respond to the case". *shrugs* I'm also not liking her still not commenting on shit depsite me poking at her.

I'm not "dead set" on her though--she's just my number one choice for a lynch right now.[/quote]

After being pushed by WJ to explain her vote on VSM, she offers a pretty weak defense and leaves herself open to changing her vote.

POST 157
[quote name='AutumnEvenings' post='1377657' date='May 30 2008, 17.17']Following my earlier list:
1) [b]Mexal[/b]
2) Spidey
3) Harlot

I'm vaguely around and will be for about two more hours.[/quote]

She changes her vote to Mexal "following her earlier list." What happened to VSM? There is no explanation given for her switch but she again says she'll be around, indicating she'll be willing to switch votes later, if say Harlot's train builds steam?. She's basically left herself open to vote for whomever with an easy defense of "I did it to get the lynch."

That said, she plainly could have voted elsewhere and been a safer partner to Mexal. She could have just left her vote on VSM with no explanation and been gone for the night. Maybe it was distancing and she planned to switch later. I think this is probably the best evidence they are not partners, as opposed to the verbal exchange. The fact that it is done basically without explanation leaves me somewhat suspicious tho.

Mexal's POST 166 is interesting in that instead of truly defending himself when his back is against the wall, he instead goes on the offensive against AE. There is no chance that she will be lynched and he doesn't even vote for her tho he declares her to be guilty. Things are looking bad for Mex and he knows the CF is going to come up FM. He's not trying to really defend himself or take another inno with him. He's basically VPI'ing his partner.

POST 167
[quote name='AutumnEvenings' post='1377713' date='May 30 2008, 17.53']You got that nightkill I sent to Piper, right? The one on VSM? Consider it confirmed. (Kat agrees.)

I think at this point I [i]might[/i] lynch Whiskeyjack over Harlot (who was my 3rd). Mainly because of information, etc. Don't really suspect either of them though, and am much happier with a Mexal or Spidey lynch.[/quote]

AE doesn't respond to Mex's "case" except to joke that she is an FM but she does make clear that she's willing to switch to WJ. Why? "Mainly because of information, etc" What does that mean? To me it means that she's still open to switching to WJ if anyone were to be around to vote for him.

POST 174
[quote name='AutumnEvenings' post='1377760' date='May 30 2008, 18.31']Oh, I'm sorry, I thought I made it perfectly clear that I would lynch [i]anyone[/i] who wasn't AE.[/quote]

This is in response to Mex's question about anyone else she [i]might[/i] be willing to vote for. Again leaving herself open to vote for whomever.

[quote name='AutumnEvenings' post='1377776' date='May 30 2008, 18.48']My statement about Mexal with regards to the arguement he and Whiskeyjack were having wasn't a case, by the way. It was just me commenting on what-all I'd missed during the night and morning. When I make cases, people know. ;)

But really, I wrote that shit ages ago, and Mexal just now suspects me (or at least, kept his certainties that I was evil close to his chest until now). I didn't do anything other than move my vote from my favorite, but unatainable, lynch to him, since day is almost over, it's a CF game, lynch is good, etc. I'm not gonna get all bent out of shape over his diatribe, and instead recognize it for what it is: he doesn't like that I voted him.[/quote]

This is the only explanation we have for why AE switched to Mexal. She says that it's near end of day, which it wasn't, but it still sounds pretty real to me.

[quote name='AutumnEvenings' post='1377794' date='May 30 2008, 19.10']Yeah, I'm off too--leaving my vote where it is since it looks like we'll get a lynch that way.[/quote]

Gert votes Mexal, sealing his fate and AE leaves. Not sure what a partner would do in a CF game in this scenario. I don't think it was entirely clear that Gert was going toward Mex up until this vote. Maybe they were hoping for something/anything to get a competing train on either me or WJ. I don't know. Maybe it's what WJ said about it being better to distance.

POST 211
[quote name='AutumnEvenings' post='1377956' date='May 30 2008, 22.40']Hmm.

Not all that surprised at Mexal being an FM.

Speculating on good roles is naughty and all, but I'm betting Whiskeyjack wasn't our roled player, because he would have made himself bulletproof. :P

If our roled player chose to make themselves a finder and investigated anyone but Whiskeyjack last night, I strongly suggest they come out, regardless of the result. Because with 7 of us, 2 VPIs (or 1 VPI and one guilty) would be pretty nifty, and there's no point in keeping that close to your chest since you might die without revealing that info.

Of course, if you did investigate Whiskeyjack, don't claim, because healer threat (which doesn't seem to have been that effective last night :().

And I may or may not be the roled player and have chosen healer. ;)

I think Whiskeyjack was killed for being VPI and a good player/big threat, and I pity the FM who has to face him in the spoilers. :P

I'll need to reread to look for a partner. I don't feel as strongly about Harlot as Whiskeyjack did. I'll get back to you on all this.

Sadly, I have to be up at ungodly early hours tomorrow (hence why I'm at home and sober now :P) and won't be around again until 2 pm Mountain. I doubt I'll be checking the thread before I leave in the morning, so I'll try to get to it all now. Appologies in advance for the absence.[/quote]

She's "not surprised that Mex as a FM" tho she'd already said that she changed her vote because "end of day, CF game, lynch good, etc" There wasn't a single post prior to this where she said that Mexal was evil.

Also, you'll have to rely on Spidey on this, she suggest role reveal when normally she wouldn't and she jokes about being roled herself. Looks like a gentle way to start looking for a possible fake reveal later.

My last point is in a post that I didn't grab accidentally but will edit in after I post this. AE posted about how Mexal "accidentally" got drawn into a fight with WJ. That Mexal didn't intend it. It sounds to me like something she may have had a conversation about with Mex off-thread. Something like Mex's regrets about poking at WJ D1, knowing it was a bad idea and that it got them in trouble.

So that's my read on AE. I don't think that it's so strong that I would vote for her ahead of Kat, but it doesn't leave me as firmly convinced of her innocence as VSM thinks.

*some emoticons removed due to board limit.

Sorry was skimming the other posts from today and forgot I was supposed to add this in.

[quote name='AutumnEvenings' post='1378548' date='May 31 2008, 16.04']I don't think Mexal [i]meant[/i] to get in the argument with Whiskeyjack. He pointed out that the post sounded over-defensive but certainly didn't come out fist-ablazing. Whiskeyjack kept provoking him (not in a bad way, but in a "so is this suspicious or not?" "you gonna vote me or not?" way), making it so Mexal either had to back down and be all "just kidding", or face up and fight. So I don't think the fact that Kat made the post that Whiskeyjack was responding to clears Kat in any sort of "a partner would never defend another partner's post like that" way.[/quote]

This is the quote I was talking about earlier.

I agree that on the whole I am not convinced either, but I wanted to do a full re-read and see what would be the worst possible scenario/ best case against her. As I said, I would not vote for her over Kat.

Frankly, I'm amazed that Kat and AE dare to doubt my reveal. I'm thinking what WJ was on day 1-you can't both be that off, one of you has to be guilty. If Harlot is the remaining FM, you just handed the game over to him. Because right now my only doubt is in which order to lynch you.

[quote name='VerySmallMonster' post='1379277' date='Jun 1 2008, 22.40']Harlot, the /rant post added to my conviction, people who were allowed to communicate outside of the thread wouldn't have needed to post that, but it was Mexal's posts that made me sure they weren't partnered. There was too much heat for that.[/quote]
Could be distancing. Or not. But the thing is, they argued about something out of this particular game, something we all know they had different opinion about. Nice way to seem to be disagreeing, while in fact they were not. Also, that didn't have to be schemed at all-their disagrrement on the matter has nothing to do with them being partnered or not.

Will post my 'defense' soon.

Harlot, the real question is, would you vote me over Spidey?

To quickly address some of your points:
a) Calling for the role reveal--I think it was the right thing to do. I did not want to be in this situation today, where someone claims and claims they investigated Night One but then just sat around. It's a highly suspicious timing and I didn't want to have it come up.

But if you want to take me doing that as a sign of evil based on Spidey's post, I'd encourage you to read my response to that, which was pointing out that [i]in the game where Spidey saw me go on and on about not discussing good roles, I was evil[/i]. What I did may be vaguely out of AE-character (but not if you know me well enough to know that I consider mafia tactics to be more of 'guidelines', so "never claim as healer" and such aren't hard and fast), but it is not at all consistent with an "AE as evil" character. I really was evil in that game--you can go check it out on Soph's for yourself.

b) I was the first to point out that Whiskeyjack was following Mexal. But yeah, it was a joke. I did [i]not[/i] believe that they were partners together. Also, when I said the argument felt "at least partly staged", what I meant was it didn't feel entirely genuine. Which would be consistent with [i]one[/i] of them being evil. Maybe I could have made this more clear, but it made sense to me when I wrote it. I also thought I made it pretty clear that, of the two, I thought Mexal was more likely to be evil.

c) Not being surprised at him being FM...see my post where I ranked my suspects in order. He was number 2. It's true that I didn't make a huge case on him. I didn't want to get in it with him, frankly. I also kind of, in my rebutal to him saying he was so 100% convinced I was evil, pointed out that that was bullshit since I hadn't done anything new and he'd been sitting on the posts he picked apart for nearly a day. I guess I maybe didn't draw the next line which is 'you're doing this because you're evil'--I thought it was pretty clear, and like I said, I didn't want to get in it with him.

d) I didn't take Gert's *hugs AE* post as sympathy--I took it as a response to my "hi Gert" line. It was her greeting me, I thought, since we like each other but don't really communicate outside of mafia much. I'm always happy to see her around, and I took that as her saying the same. I probably should not have posted my rant, but I am frankly fucking sick of it being a-ok to make rude and dismissive comments about other people and/or their playstyle, saying it as if it were an established fact, for no reason at all. My gameplay in that game had nothing at all to do with his argument about Whiskeyjack, and tacking in the "illogical reasons" was just bullshit since (a) they weren't, (b) Mexal was using the same half-in-game, half-meta arguments himself, and © it's happened too damn many times for me to just take it. It was either done with no consideration, or with the aim of hurting someone's feelings. I think that happens way too much in our community lately (not just with me, but with many players) and have been planning on addressing this once the metamod elections are over. I probably should not have posted that in the game but I didn't want to sit silently through it [i]yet again[/i]. I wanted to have fun in this game, and I don't approve of the off-hand, casual, commonplace rudeness that we often have. But yeah, like I said, in-game may not have been the best time to address it, but I didn't want to see that shit anymore in a game in which I'm actually playing for once.

e) Why I switched my vote to Mexal--he was my 2nd suspect. It was nearing end of day and I was going to leave. No one but me wanted to lynch my top suspect. It's a CF game and we had an odd number. Not lynching would be stupid. Voting for my 2nd suspect is the perfectly logical thing to do.

And yes, I would have been willing to compromise on other people. My stance on lynching in a CF game should be well known, but if it's not, it's "always always always lynch unless you have an incredibly strong reason not to, like you're at 4 players with no VPIs or something". I was not convinced of Whiskeyjack's innocence. He wasn't my favorite lynch, but I'd have voted for him. Because we'd get a CF result which could shed some insight on his suspicions of Mexal and Harlot regardless of his guilt (e.g. if he were guilty, I'd've pretty much ruled out Harlot as a partner), it would limit the finder-investiation-pool, and like I said, I wasn't convinced of his innocence.

As far as "open to vote whomever"--yeah, I was. I'd've done it in preference of my lynch-list, but there was no one I felt was VPI on Day One. Is there anyone [i]you[/i] would not have voted on Day One?

f) Yeah, one more thing. I have very limited time and thus am playing more light-hearted than I used to a year ago. I was also taking on an unJon-persona as per a joke Kat and I had on Day One, hence me joking about sending in heals and kills and using the :drool: emoticon when discussing lynches and peanutbutter, and saying I was going to a poker game and to lynch while I was gone. I amuse myself, at least.

--------------

I need to reread Mexal one more time. However, right now I get the feeling that the "too obvious partnership" was all coming from Spidey--he was the one echoing Mexal, he was the one following Mexal's vote on Whiskeyjack. I want to reread Mex to see his reaction to all of this, because it could very well be the less-experienced over-eager partner ("yippy dog syndrome?" :P) being too obvious, with the sinking, experienced partner ignoring it. I'll check that and then lay my vote, and then vanish for several hours for family stuff.

Well, here's this, which is interesting. Spdiey had just posted his list of all our names in Croation, and Mexal asked him what the point of that was. [quote name='Mexal'][quote name='Spidey']No point. It was brought up earlier in the thread, I believe. Just because I overslept the beginning doesn't mean I can't have fun.[/quote]
I was getting the impression you were just posting to post. You could at least join in trashing the over-defensive WJ, my friend and partner in crime. [/quote]It's quite possible that an evil Spidey would have read that as Mexal saying "let's gang up on Whiskeyjack."

After all, he certainly [i]did[/i].

(Still reading, just wanted to toss that out. I might have to cut this short.)

Archived