Any BwB going to ComicCon?

[quote name='TannerSack' post='1378833' date='May 31 2008, 21.39']It would be a nice reprieve from the convention hall to meet up with a few BwBers and grab a bite and a few beers in the evening(first rounds on me) at the Gaslamp District.[/quote]
It would be nice if George wanted to do bunch again at the Westgate. That was a nice time.

[quote name='Jaehaerys' post='1380513' date='Jun 2 2008, 18.01']It would be nice if George wanted to do bunch again at the Westgate. That was a nice time.[/quote]

I will be attending again. George will be in Europe.

BH

• 3 weeks later...
hello brothers and sisters, i would like to suggest a time and place to meet up at comicon 2008. there is a fun restaurant/bar right acros from the convention center at the mouth of the gaslamp area called "rockin baja lobster". 310 5th ave. sd, ca 92101 (corner of 5th and k). they have another location in sd, so if you look it up, make sure you have the gaslamp location. It is very casual, the food is good and not too pricey (relatively), and the bar area is a decent size (they serve full menu in bar). In any case, it would be a good place to meet new friends. how about friday at 8pm, or for happy hour 5-7. get in touch if interested, or reply to the thread.

Sounds good to me. :) I'm pretty sure I've been to that place before & I give it a thumbs-up. I'm guessing that after a couple days of walking around, happy hour is going to sound pretty sweet, but I have no complaints about meeting up later. Whatever works for everyone. :)

Aye Veira, Gleaming....

That restaurant idea sounds good, anything with lobster in the title has promise. My fiance(also A.S.O.I.F. fan) and I would certainly be up for it. I won't pencil us in for sure until we see what the con schedule is on Friday evening. The happy hour plan, I have to agree, does sound sweet. Being across the street from the convention center could mean it will be packed as all-hell on Friday but that's okay with us.

In case you haven't wandered over to the ComicCon site yet they're starting to list the programming grid for each day. Thursday is going to be packed with good stuff. A panel on the TV show DEXTER! Ian Mcshane from Deadwood will be there! A panel for a HBO series based on Charlaine Harris's light vampire series...and if your in the mood to throw rotten tomatoes they even have a panel for a new T'V. series based on T. Goodkind's first and variously regarded book.

Drop me an email at [email protected] sometime before the con, if a meetup is still in the mix.

Cheers,

Josh & Danielle

Very cool. The more the merrier. :)

I'm definitely going to check out the Dexter panel. Love that show. The Sunday program is also up now & there's some good stuff on there as well.

TannerSack has pinned it down, let us view the entire programming schedule and then decide the when. We can even make it a day other than Friday if you all want, and just agree for now on the place. By the way, that qoute on the Goodkind book was priceless...I love to hear a book described as variously regarded, that was a good chuckle TShack.

I've gone over the program, and Friday evening works for me. Saturday does too, though I'd like to go to the masquerade party later on. That doesn't mean we can't meet up before then.

So what do you guys think?

[url="http://davelowe.blogspot.com/2007/08/top-10-reasons-to-go-to-comic-con-next.html"]10 reasons everyone should go to Comicon[/url]

And I'll miss it. :)

Hey... there are more than 10 there. :P

I just noticed a panel Saturday evening I can't miss, so Friday it is. 5/6 is fine with me. It'll be crowded as all hell, so hopefully we can figure out a way to find each other.

Archived