FAQ

Gampie

[quote name='Jak o the Shadows' post='1416703' date='Jun 26 2008, 14.29']What was Redgrass Field? A battle in the war?[/quote]

The Redgrass Field was where Daemon Blackfyre's rebellion was crushed by Bloodraven, Maekar Targaryen, and Baelor Breakspear. It's described in the second Dunk and Egg. It took place about a hundred years before AGoT.

Hotseat was unlocked after one of the patches. It's relatively simple to set up, the problem was usually with the game length and technicalities. AFAIK, any mod can support hotseat, as long as you can find enough people to play.

There are plenty of tutorials in TWC and org if you're interested.

[quote]That's the catch I'm afraid. You can only fight with the AI or auto resolve since it's not really online per se. You play your turn, email your save to the other guys, and they mail it back to you. That's how the current hotseat works.[/quote]

Or you play on the same computer, taking turns.

• 3 weeks later...
Gampie, I was just wondering would it be possible to increase the movement points of the characters, because in less than what seems to be a month Eddard makes it to Kingslanding and thats with a wheelhouse. Though I don't expect movement anything like that, I just think it'd be nice to increase the movement points slightly.

[quote name='Night Watchman' post='1440590' date='Jul 15 2008, 05.02']Gampie, I was just wondering would it be possible to increase the movement points of the characters, because in less than what seems to be a month Eddard makes it to Kingslanding and thats with a wheelhouse. Though I don't expect movement anything like that, I just think it'd be nice to increase the movement points slightly.[/quote]

You could give generals the explorer traits, or forced march stuff. I'm not sure how easy it would be to change movement.

Movement points are indeed moddable, and the current build of Westeros:TW have better movement rates than the original game. Diplomats for example can cover much more ground than before.

BTW, Gampie is on vacation for a while, but the mod is still in progress.

• 4 months later...
[quote name='aeoleron9' post='1441090' date='Jul 15 2008, 11.12']Movement points are indeed moddable, and the current build of Westeros:TW have better movement rates than the original game. Diplomats for example can cover much more ground than before.

BTW, Gampie is on vacation for a while, but the mod is still in progress.[/quote]

Hi Aeoleron9 (or anyone) - GREAT mod - but I miss Sansa and Arya. I am a bit famiilar with XML and was going to try to add them in as family members for the Starks, but it doesn't seem to be working. Wondering if any of the modders might have any tips on what I'd need to do to try to edit the Stark faction. I edited the descr_strat file, and adding Sansa and Arya as characters and family members in XML but its not working. Think I must be missing something. Any hints, tips or suggestions greatly appreciated! Thanks again for the awesome work on this.

Have you thought about having Melisandre as an assasin for Stannis early on with very nearly full stats. That would give Stannis some perks seen as he never has a lot of men in the books so I assume he doesnt have any in this.

Also all through the posts it is said there will be no Wildlings or Night watch, or Dany. I can understand the Nights watch not being in the game and the Wildlings and Dany not being playable but couldnt they behave like the Mongols and Timurids, they appear and start attacking. The Wildlings cut through from the North and Dany could land on the East coast.

Just thought this was a neat idea and didnt know if anyone had suggested having the two factions in it as non-playable factions??

Aeoleron9 and Gampie, the two old hands of this mod, are both very busy IRL, so they won't be contributing in the forseeable timeframe. Neither will LordSnow, our graphics artist. Rando, if you want to add them into the mod, go over to www.twcenter.net and look at the tutorials in the forums. ValentineTyrell, shadowbabies can be created. Click on Stannis when he is in the field, and the advisor will come up. Click "show me how" and a shadow should spawn nearby. It is an assassin with normally 90-95% success rate and it disappears after either a) one assassination or b) one turn. The Wall may be included much later if GrnEyedDvl's idea on the TWC forums is implemented, but since we don't have any coders or mappers at the moment :( . Dany won't be in the first release, maybe a later one (we have yet to see the army she will be invading with anyway :P ). The Wildings will be implemented as rebel spawns in the north (along with NW deserters).

-Storm

Archived