[*]Features: 94%
[*]Radar map: 30%
[*]Faction selection maps: 0%
[/list]
[*]Descr_strat.txt[list]
[*]Family trees: 99%
[*]Characters ages: needs checking
[*]Trade resources: 100%
[*]Settlement buildings: 100% (needs some tweaking)
[*]Armies: 0%
[*]Custom portraits: 100%
[*]Character traits: 55%
[*]Agents (spies, etc.): 0%
[*]Factions diplomacy: 100%
[*]Factions relations: 60%
[*]King's Purse: for beta stage
[/list]
[*]Traits[list]
[*]Custom traits: 50%
[/list]
[*]Ancillaries[list]
[*]Unique and generic ancillaries: 95%
[*]Nobility titles: 95%
[*]Triggers: 90%
[/list]
[/list][list]
[*]Banners and symbols[list]
[*]Strat map banners: 100%
[*]Empty settlement banners: 100%
[*]Faction symbols (large and small): 100%
[*]Faction selection screen symbols: 100%
[/list]
[*]Skinning[list]
[*]Strat map models[list]
[*]All: 100%
[/list]
[*]Battle map models[list]
[*]Stark: 100%
[*]Tully: 100%
[*]Joffrey: 100%
[*]Other: ?
[/list]
[/list]
[/list][list]
[*]Battle models db: 70%
[*]Agents: 70%
[*]Unit stats: 80%
[*]Victory conditions: 80%
[*]Unit descriptions: 30%
[*]Region farming income: 0%
[*]Quotes: 100%
[*]Loading screens: 100%
[*]Menu screen: 100%
[/list]

Hehe, welcome Mancer. For the moment I got TheKingSlayer and Daedalus V2.0 who are writing unit descriptions and biographies. Unless something ill befalls one of them I don't need an extra flavour text writer. However if they say that they are drowning in their work then I'll be sure to keep you in mind. ;)

Regarding the mod progress I want to point out that - it's also mentioned in the FAQ - skinning takes an enormous amount of time and with the current team size we will not be able to offer every faction reskinned, far from it. So, we won't wait til the skinning of the battle models is 100% done before we release the mod. That would make you wait another year.

I just want to be crystal clear regarding expectations. :)

Things might have seemed to have quiet down but I can say that the mod's progress has even been increased. The skinner has begun with the Tully faction (away with those French flowers!) and is making loading screens, the flavour text writers are writing biographies and are beta testing. I've added new generals, portraits, regions, ancillaries and a script to the mod. Yes, progress is indeed going well. Other important and good news: a second skinner/2D artist has joined the mod. :-) His name is BattleDrumz and he will start reskinning the Tyrell faction. Music to my ears, and yours as well, I hope.

Hard to say because 'Late Summer' or fall are very close to each other. It will depend on how much work we can do this summer and how far we set our goals. Originally I wanted to make a rudimentary mod but now we're doing work which I didn't originally planned to include (ie. biographies, ancillaries, loading screens, etc.). We'll see where this baby ends. ;)

i cant wait to see the finished product. i just found this a few days ago and now im stoked. I have recently been playing total war (britania campaign) and playing as scotland. I always think about....this kind of reminds me of the (stark faction)

I have always thoguht a total war for westeros would be really cool. I saw the some of the general profiles and i love the work so far

ONE THING THOUGH, i noticed the lanister family tree might be off a little. i think tywin and kevans portaits are mis up, cant quite make it out.

just thought i would let someone know

keep up the amazing work!

• 1 month later...
[quote name='aeoleron9' post='1449204' date='Jul 21 2008, 17.59']Gampie's out on vacation until next week or so, but the rest of the team is still working. The ancillaries are three quarters done, and I'm working on some new agent systems to simulate concepts from old discussions on this forum.[/quote]
Sounds good. Any chance you could give examples?

IMO Faceless men shouldn't be common agents. They are supposed to be scarce and really expensive cause they always success (almost). They could be tied to an event, hi-tech building or something like that. For common assasins you still have... assasins. :P Like the one Joffrey sent to Winterfell.

This throws another question. If Faceless men are available, why not the "Killing Shadows" for Stannis faction?

Since [url="http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?s=&showtopic=15042&view=findpost&p=683754"]the idea[/url] came from these forums, I guess it's very fitting to report it here: I have written a Claim Kingship script! Don't read too much into that post though, as various adjustments have been made to make it fit into this new version.

Anyway, Gampie should be back soon, once I get an OK from him, I'll start posting some teasers of these new modes.

• 2 weeks later...
hey there, love the way this mod is shaping up by the way. i just have a question about seasons, like how does that work on this? cos summers and winters can last years, so will that be reflected in the game? will it be like random or is it gonna be kept the same as M2?

Also will there be any bonuses for units? e.g will Stark units gain anything in snow etc?

sorry if someone has questioned this yet, i had a quick look round but cant find anything else about this.

Archived