Mafia 54: Return of the Cannibal

Shadowbaby

It is day 1.

15 players remain: Brax, Costayne, Egen, Fell, Grandison, Harte, Jordayne, Myatt, Overton, Reyne, Strong, Tarth, Templeton, Tyrell, Whitehill.

8 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

2 votes for Overton (Costayne, Fell)
1 vote for Whitehill (Tyrell)
1 vote for Costayne (Overton)
1 vote for Tyrell (Whitehill)

10 players have not voted: Brax, Egen, Grandison, Harte, Jordayne, Myatt, Reyne, Strong, Tarth, Templeton.

[quote name='House Myatt' post='1423459' date='Jul 1 2008, 14.35']So Tyrell, tell me a little about yourself.

Do you like to eat gargoyles? You know, the stone kind.[/quote]

Hm mm. Is that a trick question?

I have never eaten a gargoyle, so I'm not sure if I'd enjoy it or not. If it tastes of stone, probably not.

I'd tell you more about myself, but since this is an alted game and you all scoffed at my pirates/vampires/ninjas idea (meaning I can't really develop an alternate game persona), I'm not sure I can.

[quote name='House Tyrell' post='1423395' date='Jul 1 2008, 14.04']Not to upset the mods, but this must be the worse setting ever.

I suggest we take over for entertainment's sake:

Which would you rather be?

a) pirates

B) ninjas

c) vampires

d) other (please specify)

I myself am partial to ninjas. We could have samurai and geisha too![/quote]
Ninja vampires. They hybridize well.

I love day 1.
[b]Overton[/b], just so we can get something done around here.

[quote name='House Myatt' post='1423496' date='Jul 1 2008, 15.02'][b]Grandison[/b] three votes this early in the game?[/quote]
Oh come on, that's hardly fair. To demonstrate my belief in fairness and kindness, I will not vote for you. But I am tempted.

It is day 1.

15 players remain: Brax, Costayne, Egen, Fell, Grandison, Harte, Jordayne, Myatt, Overton, Reyne, Strong, Tarth, Templeton, Tyrell, Whitehill.

8 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

3 votes for Overton (Costayne, Fell, Grandison)
1 vote for Tyrell (Whitehill)
1 vote for Grandison (Myatt)
1 vote for Whitehill (Tyrell)
1 vote for Costayne (Overton)

8 players have not voted: Brax, Egen, Harte, Jordayne, Reyne, Strong, Tarth, Templeton.

[i]Your moddess will be leaving soon for some general hanging out at a friends'. She will check on the game pretty often, but don't speedlynch anyone during the next six hours or so just in case, okay?[/i]

[quote name='House Targaryen' post='1423510' date='Jul 1 2008, 15.09'][i]Your moddess will be leaving soon for some general hanging out at a friends'. She will check on the game pretty often, but don't speedlynch anyone during the next six hours or so just in case, okay?[/i][/quote]
What happens when you're asleep? Does someone else take over modding duties?

A few hours into the game, and already 3 votes on me. Maybe you guys are good at sniffing out the baddy...or maybe not. Mwa ha ha ha! Anyway, to put the record straight, i'm not a mafioso or a cannibal, mmmkay?

Can someone (apart from myself) do something suspicious please? It's just messing around at the mo.

[quote name='House Overton' post='1423632' date='Jul 1 2008, 16.18']Can someone (apart from myself) do something suspicious please? It's just messing around at the mo.[/quote]

Okay [b]Overton[/b] will do.

...does that help?

[quote name='House Grandison' post='1423631' date='Jul 1 2008, 23.18']Overton, you need to log in anonymously.[/quote]

Gotcha I forgot about that sorry. BTW why is that? I've never really understood myself.

[quote name='House Jordayne' post='1423635' date='Jul 1 2008, 23.20']Okay [b]Overton[/b] will do.

...does that help?[/quote]

Not massively no. Top marks for effort, but keep trying. :)

[quote name='House Overton' post='1423638' date='Jul 1 2008, 16.22']Gotcha I forgot about that sorry. BTW why is that? I've never really understood myself.[/quote]

Neither did I, but it's the rule. Maybe you can somehow psychoanalyze people's posts based on who's there, but that sounds really hard.

Well, I could cast suspicion upon Grandison and/or Jordayne for joining my lynch mob, but I can already imagine how that would play out..

Costayne: Grandison, what's up with your vote #3?
Grandison: I'm just trying to [i]pressure[/i] someone to see how they react under the weight of votes.
Costayne: 3 meaningless votes, you mean? Ooh, I'm sure Overton's really feeling the heat there.
Grandison: ...
Costayne: Well, there was no good way for you to answer that, so I have no choice but to vote for you now to pressure you.

Or...

Costayne: Jordayne, what's up with your vote #4?
Jordayne: It's just a joke!
Costayne: [i]My[/i] vote was a joke. Yours is halfway to a lynch on someone who's done pretty much nothing so far, but then again, we've all done pretty much nothing so far.
Jordayne: It's there for pressure reasons, etc, etc.
Costayne: Aha! But you just said it was a joke! Foiled again, you evil man! Now I have no choice but to vote for you.

When really, innocents do stupid things like this all the time without thinking.

But I don't see any real reason to leave my vote where it is. Let's see what's behind door #2. [b]Jordayne[/b].

[quote name='House Grandison' post='1423642' date='Jul 1 2008, 22.25']Neither did I, but it's the rule. Maybe you can somehow psychoanalyze people's posts based on who's there, but that sounds really hard.[/quote]

It's because if you log in visibly, you leave a trail if you look at people's profiles, which a lot of people do to send PMs to the mods and/or their partners, and there can be a lot of WIFOM involved between that and playing the "Overton has been lurking without posting!" game.

[quote name='House Costayne' post='1423646' date='Jul 1 2008, 16.28']But I don't see any real reason to leave my vote where it is. Let's see what's behind door #2. [b]Jordayne[/b].[/quote]

Since you're so good at imagining conversations.

[you fill this part in]

[b]Costayne[/b]

Archived