Mafia 54: Return of the Cannibal

Shadowbaby

Since I really don’t like bananas, I have an apple on Fell.

He has just 5 posts: 1) Yo, I’m here; 2) Calling out Overton for his use of the royal “we”; 3) sad smiley to no speed lynching; 4) a case on Myatt, that is marginal for day one; 5) A request for bananas on Whitehill and Harte.

Looks like he is trying to be helpful and asking for bananas always makes you look good :rolleyes:

[quote name='House Overton' post='1424271' date='Jul 2 2008, 07.38']Let's look at Harte now, an interesting character:

This is only page two, and there are people who haven't yet signed in, so there's no real call for Harte to be sorry but he apologises anyway. To me this is as if Harte is trying to give the impression of being a nice person who nobody could possibly want to lynch - a good impression to give for anyone, but the mafia would be more keen on portraying it, since they can't expect it to come out naturally.

Well clearly Harte has excellent judge of character, at least as regards me (:)), and I have no real problem with this post, except that it would be an easy one for a FM to make. And I am also curious about the stone gargoyle comment. Is it a code...?

I don't know. But if I were a mafia, I would want to make a few innocuous posts so hopefully I am not the lowest poster and going to be lynched for that, I would not want to create a big fuss so the cannibal gets me, and I would want to return before the end of the day to join someone else's lynch train. After considering everyone I find suspicious, I think [b]Harte[/b] definitely smells the worst.

Ok I've now become very suspicious of Reyne too :)[/quote]
The fruit on Harte is definately interesting and matches my own conclusions.

[quote name='House Templeton' post='1424281' date='Jul 2 2008, 07.51']Care to vote?[/quote]
I was just getting to that, actually. :P

An apple for Templeton:

Like Harte he has only 3 posts, but even less content: 1) Hello, lets lynch team maths. 2) Being helpful is suspicious—Why look for people you can trust; 3) Don’t look for trustworthy people---likes the case on Myatt

I guess if he feels that being helpful is suspicious that might explain why he isn’t being very helpful---trying to avoid any suspicion, which I find very suspicious. [b]Templeton[/b], do you think you can actually be helpful?

(he added a 4th post asking me to vote, no knowing I was in the process of doing just that)

[quote name='House Brax' post='1424285' date='Jul 2 2008, 06.56'][b]Templeton[/b], do you think you can actually be helpful?[/quote]I can (in fact, I could explain that goat probability staff just as well as Grandison did), but I won't.
I'll try to be contributive, which is rather different from being helpful.

Ok here is a list of how I rate people's supiciousness, from highest to lowest.

Harte,
Whitehill,
Myatt,
Templeton,
Jordayne,
Brax,
Grandison,
Fell,
Tyrell,
Reyne,
Egen,
Costayne

I can't make a judgment on Tarth or Strong until they start posting in earnest/are replaced. That list is mostly just my instinct, and it may well be horribly wrong, but certainly at the moment I feel Harte should be today's lynch.

[quote name='House Reyne' post='1424255' date='Jul 2 2008, 06.25']Reyne has decided to check in. Reyne must leave now. Reyne apologizes.

Reyne dislikes [b]Overton[/b].[/quote]

Reyne no like to think! Reyne SMASH!

I think the three people I wouldn't mind lynching right now are Myatt, Jordayne and Brax. If I had to name a fourth it would probably be Grandison, but we can leave it at three for a day one.

I'll add my vote on [b]Myatt[/b] for now.

I'll be back in a few hours to try to flesh out my suspicions more.

[quote name='House Templeton' post='1424291' date='Jul 2 2008, 14.10']I can (in fact, I could explain that goat probability staff just as well as Grandison did), but I won't.
I'll try to be contributive, which is rather different from being helpful.[/quote]

Why can you not be both?

Anyway I need to go now, see you later.

An apple for Tyrell as well:

He has 7 posts. 1) Comment on setting; 2) Comment on Sailor Moon (a very long paragraph actually); 3)The start of the “friend” exchange—votes Whitehill; 4) Response to the gargoyle comment—can’t tell more about self as it is an alted game; 5) attempts maths and votes Costayne; 6) thanks Costayne and Grandison for correcting his maths and votes me for being purple and evil in a previous game; 7) does a fruitless ( :lol: ) reread—Thinks Myatt, Grandison and I have padded our post counts—likes Overton and Costayne, votes Jordayne based on Overton’s banana.

Of his 7 posts, only one contained any content at all (the last one). #4 bothers me the most. He was still joking around, yet he didn’t give an RP response to Myatt.

I think I would put Tyrell on my tier one for now as well.

So far I have Templeton, Fell, Harte and Tyrell as suspicious, but not sure how I rate each compared to the other though.

[quote name='House Overton' post='1424305' date='Jul 2 2008, 07.19']Why can you not be both?[/quote]Isn't being contributive enough?
[quote name='House Brax']So far I have Templeton, Fell, Harte and Tyrell as suspicious, but not sure how I rate each compared to the other though.[/quote]Did anybody else noticed that three of four Brax's suspects are three people who voted Myatt?

[quote name='House Templeton' post='1424323' date='Jul 2 2008, 07.37']Isn't being contributive enough?[/quote]
It would be, if you were contributing. Reyne thinks you're not particulary contributive so far.
[quote]Did anybody else noticed that three of four Brax's suspects are three people who voted Myatt?[/quote]
Reyne noticed this. To Reyne this looks like a possible partner connection. Reyne wonders, why are you asking meaningless questions when you should voice your suspicions in a clear. straight-forward way?

[quote name='House Templeton' post='1424323' date='Jul 2 2008, 14.37']Isn't being contributive enough?
Did anybody else noticed that three of four Brax's suspects are three people who voted Myatt?[/quote]
Brax suspected Templeton before the latter voted for Myatt. He apparently did also write his case before Tyrell voted for Myatt.

Leaves Fell. As it is, Brax has a complete different opinion of Fell than me.

[quote name='House Egen' post='1423846' date='Jul 1 2008, 19.39']At least we have learned that Brax and Myatt are not both mafia.[/quote]

We have?
Even if that were true it doesn't exclude either of them from the possibility of being killers.

[quote name='House Egen' post='1424116' date='Jul 2 2008, 02.33']- Jordayne is gentle, but is an emotionless person that refuses to post[/quote]

I'm sorry, one of these days I'll find a way to post more while I'm asleep, but until that day I'm afraid you'll be stuck with 7-9 hour absences from me each day :P

[quote name='House Tyrell' post='1424167' date='Jul 2 2008, 03.35']I'm liking Overton and Costayne more on a re-read, despite the ugly avatars. I liked Overton's post 54 accusing Jordayne of defending Grandison. Grandison's 'probability thing' must refer to his explanation of the goat problem (which I certainly appreciate on a personal level, but indeed bears no weight on his game allegiance).

I'm going to vote for [b]Jordayne[/b] for the time being.[/quote]

Um, why? You didn't really explain that one.

[quote name='House Reyne' post='1424255' date='Jul 2 2008, 06.25']Reyne has decided to check in. Reyne must leave now. Reyne apologizes.

Reyne dislikes [b]Overton[/b].[/quote]

Jordayne dislikes people dropping unexplained votes in third person and then leaving for long periods of time (which coincidentally is what he intends on doing after making this post) :P

[quote name='House Templeton' post='1424270' date='Jul 2 2008, 06.36']No.
If you look for trustable people, the result is little pool of trustable and large pool of not-so-trustable. If you look for suspicious ones, the result is little pool of suspicious and large pool of not-so-suspicious. The former is evidently more useful.[/quote]

While I agree in principal, I have little faith in other people to correctly discern who is innocent/guilty based on a smidgen of posts. I've heard Costayne's and Egen's names being flung around with the words 'not suspicious' in the mix. I don't get that impression on either one of them at all.

[quote name='House Overton' post='1424301' date='Jul 2 2008, 07.17']Ok here is a list of how I rate people's supiciousness, from highest to lowest.

Harte,
Whitehill,
Myatt,
Jordayne,
Templeton,
Jordayne,
Brax,
Grandison,
Fell,
Tyrell,
Reyne,
Egen,
Costayne

I can't make a judgment on Tarth or Strong until they start posting in earnest/are replaced. That list is mostly just my instinct, and it may well be horribly wrong, but certainly at the moment I feel Harte should be today's lynch.[/quote]

I'm so suspicious I get mentioned twice, eh? ;)

At risk of peeking others suspicion for going with the popular target, I'll add my vote to [b]Myatt[/b]. The impression I got from him while reading the thread is that he's trying appease far to much.

I'm also suspicious of Overton for his earlier defensive behavior, but I can't be certain that it wasn't just his schtick. Besides, I don't think there's a proven connection between overdefending oneself early in the game and said person being guilty.

[quote name='House Reyne' post='1424332' date='Jul 2 2008, 07.46']Reyne thinks you're not particulary contributive so far.[/quote]
Good day, ser Kettle.
[quote]Reyne noticed this. To Reyne this looks like a possible symp-master connection. Reyne wonders, why are you asking meaningless questions when you should voice your suspicions in a clear. straight-forward way?[/quote]I think my question was very clear and straightforward.
I believe we have no symp in this game, but this might be killer-killer connection as well. Not very subtle way to help a partner, but such things did happen in the past.

And, Overton, why your list contains two Jourdaynes?

[quote name='House Egen' post='1424333' date='Jul 2 2008, 07.48']Brax suspected Templeton before the latter voted for Myatt. He apparently did also write his case before Tyrell voted for Myatt.

Leaves Fell. As it is, Brax has a complete different opinion of Fell than me.[/quote]
[i]You're lying[/i]. If your lies were to be taken at face value, this would make Brax look better. Reyne wonders, why would you like to make Brax look better?

Brax, do you see Templeton's observation about your suspects as OMGUS?

[quote name='House Templeton' post='1424340' date='Jul 2 2008, 07.54']Good day, ser Kettle.[/quote]
Good day, ser Pot. Reyne wasn't pointing out his contributiveness. You were.
[quote]I think my question was very clear and straightforward.
I believe we have no symp in this game, but this might be killer-killer connection as well. Not very subtle way to help a partner, but such things did happen in the past.[/quote]
It wasn't. You have asked people have you noticed a thing that would make them suspicious of Brax, without saying that you suspect Brax. You were testing the waters, without suspecting him clearly. This is cunning, not straightforward.

This, again, is not clear. Do you personally think it's a connection? Who do you find more suspicious among the two?
[quote]And, Overton, why your list contains two Jourdaynes?[/quote]
Is there a purpose to this question? What do you expect to accomplish by it, except to be listed among the question-askers?

[quote name='House Egen' post='1424333' date='Jul 2 2008, 07.48']Brax suspected Templeton before the latter voted for Myatt. He apparently did also write his case before Tyrell voted for Myatt.[/quote]
Wrong. Talking with me at post #114, 06.24 by board clock, Brax shaw no sign of suspecting me.
Then, on 06.36, I voted, it was my third post.
On 06.56, Brax made a banana against me, clearly mentioning I had 3 posts.
So, he evidently saw my vote before.

Archived