Mafia 54: Return of the Cannibal

Shadowbaby

[quote name='House Templeton' post='1424356' date='Jul 2 2008, 09.03']Wrong. Talking with me at post #114, 06.24 by board clock, Brax shaw no sign of suspecting me.
Then, on 06.36, I voted, it was my third post.
On 06.56, Brax made a banana against me, clearly mentioning I had 3 posts.
So, he evidently saw my vote before.[/quote]

This is correct. So two of my four voted for Myatt before making my suspect list. But then, they are voting an easy target based on a weak case.

And Reyne, I have no idea what he is thinking pointing it out. Maybe it was an attempt at being helpful :P

[quote name='House Reyne' post='1424353' date='Jul 2 2008, 08.02']Reyne wasn't pointing out his contributiveness. You were.[/quote]You don't pay attention enough. I said [i]I'll try[/i] to be contributive, not that i am already.

[quote]This, again, is not clear. Do you personally think it's a connection? Who do you find more suspicious among the two?[/quote]I think it's probable connection. Brax is more suspicious, because he might be fake-symping for some reason.

[quote]Is there a purpose to this question?[/quote]Yeah, I want to recieve an answer.

You are pretty agressive, Reyne, what's the reason behind this?

[quote name='House Reyne' post='1424342' date='Jul 2 2008, 14.55'][i]You're lying[/i]. If your lies were to be taken at face value, this would make Brax look better. Reyne wonders, why would you like to make Brax look better?

Brax, do you see Templeton's observation about your suspects as OMGUS?[/quote]

[i]I am lying[/i]? Really? :rolleyes:

Looks more like I confused the two pages that I had opened.

Lying....Tsk

[i]Reyne, could you please add the name of the player that you are quoting. Just write 'quote=Egen' instead of 'quote' into the [] brackets. Makes it easier to follow your posts. ;)

[/i]

[quote name='House Brax' post='1424364' date='Jul 2 2008, 15.09']And Reyne, I have no idea what he is thinking pointing it out. Maybe it was an attempt at being helpful :P[/quote]

The point is that I began to wonder why Templeton decided to frame a player that started to stir discussion. I am also wondering why Reyne called me for stating wrong facts, but not Templeton.

For the record: I think that Templetons reasoning is weak.

[quote name='House Templeton' post='1424366' date='Jul 2 2008, 08.10']Yeah, I want to recieve an answer.[/quote]
You seem to be missing the point. Reyne finds your question absolutely useless, since it's an obvious typo. You can accomplish nothing by such a question. Now we've got this clear, I find you suspicious because of such a question.
[quote name='Templeton']You are pretty agressive, Reyne, what's the reason behind this?[/quote]
That's the way aha-aha Reyne likes it.

[quote name='House Brax' post='1424364' date='Jul 2 2008, 08.09']So two of my four voted for Myatt before making my suspect list.[/quote]Three. You also haven't shown any signs of suspecting Tyrrel before he voted.
[quote]But then, they are voting an easy target based on a weak case.[/quote]Prove it.
The case is strong enough, and even before your bananas I wondered why it got so little support. I had vague feeling somebody tried to save Myatt's butt. Now it isn't vague anymore.

[quote name='House Egen' post='1424381' date='Jul 2 2008, 08.17']The point is that I began to wonder why Templeton decided to frame a player that started to stir discussion.[/quote]
That's exactly what Reyne was thinking.
[quote name='Egen']I am also wondering why Reyne called me for stating wrong facts, but not Templeton.[/quote]
Because Templeton, in spite of being suspicious, did not state wrong facts. You did. You're also wrong about Tyrell-Brax' banana could have easily been written in a minute, and it was posted 4 minutes after Tyrell's vote. Wrong twice?

Why defend Brax with false facts, when you should have attacked Tempy? Reyne can't wrap his mind around this. Perhaps you'd be good enough to explain?

[quote name='House Egen' post='1424381' date='Jul 2 2008, 08.17']The point is that I began to wonder why Templeton decided to frame a player that started to stir discussion.[/quote]
Wasn't it Fell who started to stir discussion and is suspected by Brax because of this?
[quote]I am also wondering why Reyne called me for stating wrong facts, but not Templeton.[/quote]Check again. We cross-posted.

[quote name='House Templeton' post='1424384' date='Jul 2 2008, 09.19']Three. You also haven't shown any signs of suspecting Tyrrel before he voted.
Prove it.
The case is strong enough, and even before your bananas I wondered why it got so little support. I had vague feeling somebody tried to save Myatt's butt. Now it isn't vague anymore.[/quote]

Two...Tyrrel and I crossposted---if you can read 7 posts and type comments in 5 minutes, great for you, but I can't. And his vote is his 8th post, making this clearly obvious.

My suspicious have little to do with Myatt and a lot to do with lack of contributing (and if you look, I was making my way up the player list based on post count, and excluding those already done)

Would I lynch Myatt if he was the only option for getting a lynch...without a doubt.

[quote name='House Reyne' post='1424382' date='Jul 2 2008, 08.18']You seem to be missing the point. Reyne finds your question absolutely useless, since it's an obvious typo.[/quote]So it doesn't worth to be noticed? Don't you want to know what place Jordayne actually takes in Overton's list?

[quote name='House Overton' post='1424123' date='Jul 2 2008, 02.40']It was not serious; I do not find Grandison particularly suspicious. The vote was just punishment for making my brain hurt :([/quote]

If thats the case, then I'm confused. Why were you so careful and deliberate about casting a vote against him?

First you directly respond to his post -

[quote name='Overton']My head hurts - all I'm reading is '(I'm a bad guy)'[/quote]

Then you post to say that 6 people haven't shown up yet (I'll get back to that later, because it's suspicious too).

Then you come back to Grandison, and say -

[quote name='Overton'][u]Yeh I thought about it[/u] - he makes seven statements yet says nothing. Impressive, but a bit...pointless. And that would be a skill that serves you well as a mafiaperson, [b]Grandison[/b][/quote]

In my experience, a joke vote doesn't require much thought. Can you offer some further explanation for that particular statement?

Okay, now beyond that, I don't like this post at all -

[quote name='Overton']By my reckoning, six people have yet to post - hardly a big deal this early in the proceedings. I just hope the cannibal hasn't got them already...[/quote]

We're not even 4 hours (or 50 posts) into the game, and you're already wondering where some people are. And then saying it's not a big deal. So why point it out? Looks as if you are just saying something game related, to look as if you are one of the first people to 'get down to business'.

Then your response to the Myatt case -

[quote name='Overton']Interesting. [u]Its not a completely meritworthy banana, but I do have Myatt as among the more suspicious people so far.[/u] I think your analysis of Myatt's character and posting style is correct - it's as if he wants to look for things to say so he's not eliminated for being a low poster, while at the same time he clearly is not really wanting to push the discussion on, so hence the smileys. [u]Which adds up to something resembling a case.

But I am not convinced.[/u] Maybe Myatt is a relatively new player, unwilling to commit himself. or maybe his cautious style is just that - his style. We don't really have enough to go on I guess but thanks for getting the ball rolling Fell.[/quote]

Overton, meet the middle of the road. Middle of the road, this is Overton. You are suspicious of Myatt, and you agree with certain parts of the case, but you don't want to vote for him because he might be new or it might just be his style. Nice.

Here's a lesson for you, in case you are innocent. 1) If somebody does something suspicious, then 'he might be a new player' is not a good defense. New players can be evil too. And you [i]might[/i] be wrong. Focus on the suspicious acts, not the possible reasons why they may be justified. 2) "That might just be his style" is an even worse defense. You could say that about nearly every imaginable type of suspicious behavior.

In part, this looks as if you are just using poor excuses to justify not voting for Myatt yet...and at the same time leaving your option open to vote for him later. And in part, it looks as if you are trying to subtly defend Myatt, even while you distance from him by calling him suspicious. Either way, it's suspicious.

I'll respond to your 'banana' against me in a minute.

Reyne has to be leaving.

[b]Templeton[/b] for coming out of our conversation looking bad, cautious and artificial.

Reyne is also suspicious of Overton and Harte, and would like to hear more from some of the other players who have only posted during the RP phase.

ETA: Spelling.

[quote name='House Brax' post='1424397' date='Jul 2 2008, 08.26']Two...Tyrrel and I crossposted---if you can read 7 posts and type comments in 5 minutes, great for you, but I can't. And his vote is his 8th post, making this clearly obvious.[/quote]
Ok, perhaps I was wrong about this. But it doesn't prove you don't defend Myatt.

[quote]My suspicious have little to do with Myatt and a lot to do with lack of contributing[/quote]And so you accuse a person who made first real case in course of the game (Fell). For lack of contribution. Oh my.

[quote]Would I lynch Myatt if he was the only option for getting a lynch...without a doubt.[/quote]Words, words, words!

[quote name='House Templeton' post='1424407' date='Jul 2 2008, 08.30']So it doesn't worth to be noticed? Don't you want to know what place Jordayne actually takes in Overton's list?[/quote]
Um, two Jordaynes have just one player between them. I'd dare say it doesn't make such a huge difference. :rolleyes:

And if you think it does, you should have asked for that specifically, instead of casting a vague suspicion on Overton.

[quote name='House Reyne' post='1424393' date='Jul 2 2008, 15.24']Because Templeton, in spite of being suspicious, did not state wrong facts. You did. You're also wrong about Tyrell-Brax' banana could have easily been written in a minute, and it was posted 4 minutes after Tyrell's vote. Wrong twice?

Why defend Brax with false facts, when you should have attacked Tempy? Reyne can't wrap his mind around this. Perhaps you'd be good enough to explain?[/quote]

I see. So Tyrell voted for Myatt, and Brax immediatly reacted by making a case on him, reading seven posts in one minute. :rolleyes:

I did not use false facts from my POV at that time.

I did not attack Templeton because his thoughts about Brax are not suspcious, but clearly wrong.

[quote name='House Reyne' post='1424413' date='Jul 2 2008, 08.32'][b]Templeton[/b] for coming out of our conversation looking bad, cautious and artificial.

Reyne is also suspicious of Templeton and Harte,[/quote]Speaking about typos.

[quote]ETA: Spelling.[/quote]Nothing better to edit, er?

[quote name='House Reyne' post='1424419' date='Jul 2 2008, 15.36']Um, two Jordaynes have just one player between them. I'd dare say it doesn't make such a huge difference. :rolleyes:[/quote]

If you had not included Templeton twice on your suspect list in post 152, you would be far more convincing. :P

[quote name='House Reyne' post='1424419' date='Jul 2 2008, 08.36']Um, two Jordaynes have just one player between them. I'd dare say it doesn't make such a huge difference. :rolleyes:[/quote]
It might make for Overton, since he bothered to make a full ordering.
[quote]And if you think it does, you should have asked for that specifically, instead of casting a vague suspicion on Overton.[/quote]Please let me have my own playstyle, ser Bull?

[quote name='House Templeton' post='1424427' date='Jul 2 2008, 09.39']Speaking about typos.

Nothing better to edit, er?[/quote]
Edited now. :blush: You -tons are easy to be confused one for another.

I'd also like people to understand the difference between cases and bananas. Brax has made several bananas, and Fell has made a case. Real cases can also be made on D1.

[quote name='House Templeton' post='1424435' date='Jul 2 2008, 09.43']It might make for Overton, since he bothered to make a full ordering.[/quote]
Um, with this little content in the game so far, do you really really find Jordayne being 5th or 6th (or something like that, anyway) on that list so essential? :huh:

Archived