Mafia 54: Return of the Cannibal

Shadowbaby

[quote name='House Brax' post='1424309' date='Jul 2 2008, 07.23']An apple for Tyrell as well:

He has 7 posts. 1) Comment on setting; 2) Comment on Sailor Moon (a very long paragraph actually); 3)The start of the “friend” exchange—votes Whitehill; 4) Response to the gargoyle comment—can’t tell more about self as it is an alted game; 5) attempts maths and votes Costayne; 6) thanks Costayne and Grandison for correcting his maths and votes me for being purple and evil in a previous game; 7) does a fruitless ( :lol: ) reread—Thinks Myatt, Grandison and I have padded our post counts—likes Overton and Costayne, votes Jordayne based on Overton’s banana.

Of his 7 posts, only one contained any content at all (the last one). #4 bothers me the most. He was still joking around, yet he didn’t give an RP response to Myatt.

I think I would put Tyrell on my tier one for now as well.

So far I have Templeton, Fell, Harte and Tyrell as suspicious, but not sure how I rate each compared to the other though.[/quote]
Tyrell did contribute a lot in that one post though, and that's a lot to contribute during the early game. I usually need longer to study each person and discover their inner workings. She hasn't really done anything suspicious, which is a fairly good reason to lynch him. I will hold off on that just yet, Tyrell may in fact be very helpful to the innocents with his newfound math skills.

Okay, doing a list is too difficult, but I shall try to rate my suspicion into tiers. Please note that this reflects my feelings right now, and it becomes old the second I click post. Ok here goes.

Tier One: Harte
Tier Two: Brax Myatt
Tier Three: Grandison Reyne Tyrell Templeton
Tier Four: Whitehill Jordayne
Tier Five: Egen Costayne Fell

Tier Unknown: Strong Tarth

[quote name='House Egen' post='1424619' date='Jul 2 2008, 17.33']Overton was on the list because he reacted lightheartedly to the votes that were piling on him. Sure, these were only joke votes, but FM often tend to get nervous when a mob forms on them, knowing that making a mistake might add them the next couple of votes.[/quote]

Maybe I should have been more anxious - the votes seem to have kept coming! :)

[quote name='House Templeton' post='1424634' date='Jul 2 2008, 11.42']Could you give me a reference?[/quote]

[url="http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?showtopic=28949&st=106"]Post 107 by Fell[/url]

eta: and Overton did Whitehill and Harte

[quote name='House Brax' post='1424637' date='Jul 2 2008, 10.43'][url="http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?showtopic=28949&st=106"]Post 107 by Fell[/url][/quote]Oh, so you haven't reread Myatt because of Fell doing so? Well, it's understandable, but could you at least comment that reread instead of just calling the case weak?
In other words, explain, why Myatt isn't in your suspect list.

[quote name='House Grandison' post='1424632' date='Jul 2 2008, 10.41'][u]She[/u] hasn't really done anything suspicious, which is a fairly good reason to lynch him. I will hold off on that just yet, Tyrell may in fact be very helpful to the innocents with his newfound math skills.[/quote]

I'll echo Templeton and say that you need to clarify that statement. Tyrell hasn't done anything suspicious, and thats a good reason to lynch him?

Also, I can't help but point out the use of the word 'she'. Yeah, yeah, I know. Gender slips are usually not indications of guilt. But I do know of [u]one[/u] situation where a FM made that mistake. It could happen again, and it's at least worth acknowledging.

[quote name='House Fell' post='1424193' date='Jul 2 2008, 04.08']OK, wassup?

[b]Myatt[/b] gets my vote.[/quote]

Most of your case against Myatt is weak.

For the record, points like the ones I've quoted below are more likely to make me suspect you than suspect the target of your case -

[quote name='Fell']His first post, on setting. As Brax said, he's trying to please everyone

This on it's own doesn't say a lot but let's look at his other posts...

Is he so nervous with his joking around he doesn't even want to tease somebody who will vote for him?[/quote]

However, there are 2 things you mention that are worth discussing.

[quote name='Fell']OK, next thing Grandison puts a third vote on Overton. Myatt wrings his hands:

This alone makes me happy to have a vote on Myatt. It seems the kind of thing a bad guy might say to sound compassionate, but actually it's working against the innocents. Setting up an atmosphere where people are hesitant to lynch is what the bad guys want, and it allows Myatt to cast a shadow of suspicion on Grandison, that someone else might pick up and run with. Yeah, I don't like that post at all, Myatt.[/quote]

I disagree with the idea that the evil players want to create an environment in which people are hesitant to lynch. In my experience, the exact opposite is true. They want to encourage lynches, not stop them (unless the lynch is going against one of them).

That said, its a valid point that Myatt's objection to 3 votes piling up on Overton was unnecessary and suspicious. It was early in the game and the votes were jokes. Overton wasn't going to get lynched. So why lash out at Grandison for casting the 3rd vote?

[quote name='Fell']Notice he adds a tongue smiley... so he is careful to make sure nobody takes him too seriously. He then adds:

[quote name='Myatt']That could be a simple typo, what do you think?

Edit because I have to leave.

Brax I am just pulling your leg :D[/quote]

Look how once again he is placating Brax, but he is also pointing out something that maybe other people would run with.[/quote]

In general, I don't find emoticon use to be suspicious. But yeah, Myatt editing the post to clarify that he's just joking about Brax does make me wonder if he's overly nervous about provoking other people against him.

[quote name='House Templeton' post='1424646' date='Jul 2 2008, 11.48']Oh, so you haven't reread Myatt because of Fell doing so? Well, it's understandable, but could you at least comment that reread instead of just calling the case weak?
In other words, explain, why Myatt isn't in your suspect list.[/quote]

I'd be happy to :rolleyes:
Most of his posts are obviously RP. That in itself is not a suspicious thing. I agree he seems to be symping me a little but there are 2 points against that: 1) there is no symp role and 2) I am not an FM.

I read Myatt as rather noobish, not suspicious. I would like for him to contribute more and until he does, I don't have a problem with him being the lynch choice.

[quote name='House Brax' post='1424661' date='Jul 2 2008, 10.55']Most of his posts are obviously RP. That in itself is not a suspicious thing. I agree he seems to be symping me a little but there are 2 points against that: 1) there is no symp role and 2) I am not an FM.

I read Myatt as rather noobish, not suspicious. I would like for him to contribute more and until he does, I don't have a problem with him being the lynch choice.[/quote]What about him being middle-of-the-road and non-confrontational? Is it noobish?

[quote name='House Templeton' post='1424673' date='Jul 2 2008, 12.02']What about him being middle-of-the-road and non-confrontational? Is it noobish?[/quote]

It was the way he did it that seemed noobish to me. Rather obvious, if you know what I mean. not one of those who are subtle trying to hide it.

[quote name='House Templeton' post='1424638' date='Jul 2 2008, 10.44']Tr-ranslate this, please![/quote]
Maybe she's very good at acting innocent. Maybe "fairly good" is an overstatement. I said "she" purposefully because I think some unknown identities deserve to be female. They can't all be male.

Ok, y'all. I'm only around post #170 and I'm already terribly mixed up with the things I wanted to say, and itching to check in besides.

A few notes, here, a few comments and replies and then I'll go back and reread things to add another post a bit later.

First, Reyne and Templeton's little tizzy remind me of nothing so much as two innocents bickering over play styles and differing personalities. I'm not currently suspicious of either of them, as a result, although I'm more confident of Reyne than T.

Second, I heartily agree about dropping 'banana' as a word for 'case', even weak, day 1 summary-like cases.

Third. I've missed the game or whatever where OMGUS became mafia-speak. What the heck does that mean? :huh:

While Myatt is an acceptable lynch, I'm much more fond of Whitehill's case on Overton. Primarily for spotting Overton contradicting himself. I need to go back and review things, before placing a vote. I'll do that shortly as well.

I plan to name my primary suspicions, but I've been making terrible notes so far, so I'll come back with that and my vote as soon as I can.

Tyrell, a question, which was already asked. Apologies if you've already addressed this:
[quote name='House Tyrell' post='1424167' date='Jul 2 2008, 09.35']I'm going to vote for [b]Jordayne[/b] for the time being.[/quote]
Why Jordayne? You mention that he defended Grandison. Is that the only reason?

Be back with a mess of posts I wanted to comment on or ask questions about (yes, I need to find a better way to keep 'notes', I know), shortly.

[quote name='House Brax' post='1424679' date='Jul 2 2008, 11.04']It was the way he did it that seemed noobish to me. Rather obvious, if you know what I mean. not one of those who are subtle trying to hide it.[/quote]Ok, you defend well. Still, it doesn't explain why you called Fell's case weak. You could disagree with that, but you should withdraw the case just because Myatt could be noobish. the case deserved better.

[quote name='House Grandison' post='1424688' date='Jul 2 2008, 11.08']Maybe she's very good at acting innocent. Maybe "fairly good" is an overstatement. I said "she" purposefully because I think some unknown identities deserve to be female. They can't all be male.[/quote]I can understand "she", but I can't understand your desire to lynch a person for not doing anything suspicious. Explain this, please.

[quote name='House Overton' post='1424676' date='Jul 2 2008, 11.03']Whitehill, did my response to your points make sense? And is your vote still on me? :([/quote]

I'm in the middle of a response right now.

[quote name='House Grandison' post='1424688' date='Jul 2 2008, 11.08']I said "she" purposefully because I think some unknown identities deserve to be female. They can't all be male.[/quote]

That [i]might[/i] make sense if you hadn't used both 'she' and 'he'.

[quote name='Grandison']Tyrell did contribute a lot in that one post though, and that's a lot to contribute during the early game. I usually need longer to study each person and discover their inner workings. [u]She[/u] hasn't really done anything suspicious, which is a fairly good reason to lynch [u]him[/u]. I will hold off on that just yet, Tyrell may in fact be very helpful to the innocents with [u]his[/u] newfound math skills.[/quote]

I wasn't going to make a big deal out of the slip, but now you're saying it was intentional and that you've assigned the female pronoun to Tyrell....yet you contradict that claim by using the male pronoun in the very same post. :unsure:

[quote name='House Templeton' post='1424703' date='Jul 2 2008, 12.14']Ok, you defend well. Still, it doesn't explain why you called Fell's case weak. You could disagree with that, but you should withdraw the case just because Myatt could be noobish. the case deserved better.[/quote]

I don't understand. My opinion of the case is it was weak. My reasoning is based on the way I read Myatt. I have not told anyone else to not vote for it, nor have I refused to vote for it. At the end of the, a weak case is better than no case.

So I shouldn't give my opinions if they are different from yours? Is that what you are saying? Please explain.

Overton, could you please explain something to me? Between these two posts you did not make one single comment to or about me, yet my rating went from #6 to #2. Why was this?

[quote name='House Overton' post='1424301' date='Jul 2 2008, 08.17']Ok here is a list of how I rate people's supiciousness, from highest to lowest.

Harte,
Whitehill,
Myatt,
Templeton,
Jordayne,
Brax,
Grandison,
Fell,
Tyrell,
Reyne,
Egen,
Costayne

I can't make a judgment on Tarth or Strong until they start posting in earnest/are replaced. That list is mostly just my instinct, and it may well be horribly wrong, but certainly at the moment I feel Harte should be today's lynch.[/quote]

[quote name='House Overton' post='1424633' date='Jul 2 2008, 11.41']Okay, doing a list is too difficult, but I shall try to rate my suspicion into tiers. Please note that this reflects my feelings right now, and it becomes old the second I click post. Ok here goes.

Tier One: Harte
Tier Two: Brax Myatt
Tier Three: Grandison Reyne Tyrell Templeton
Tier Four: Whitehill Jordayne
Tier Five: Egen Costayne Fell

Tier Unknown: Strong Tarth

Maybe I should have been more anxious - the votes seem to have kept coming! :)[/quote]

Archived