Mafia 54: Return of the Cannibal

Shadowbaby

[quote name='House Whitehill' post='1424816' date='Jul 2 2008, 12.16']How do you feel about a possible Grandison - Tyrell connection? Do you believe Grandison's explanation? Do you think it contradicts his actual post, where he refers to Tyrell as both a male and a female, rather than just a female?[/quote]

I think I can explain this one. I actually [i]am[/i] both male and female, suffering from a rare genetic disorder called Klinefelter's syndrome.

Grandison must have alt-guessed me, hence the weird pronoun usage.

I have needed many years of therapy to finally manage to live comfortably with myself, so I ask you to please be sensitive about this subject.

By the way, I made a genius case in my post 215 that no one has commented on yet!

[quote name='House Overton' post='1425022' date='Jul 2 2008, 13.53']Ok well if I'm not dead then I just have to say...thanks guys I had a good game. I am just meat, but someone said that me dying now shouldn't be too bad for the team, so I suppose it's ok. Is it worth defending myself? I don't really understand the case against me in all honesty, I've just been playing as honestly and openly as I can, sharing with you guys everything I am thinking. If that's controdictory or suspicious, well, that's the human mind. I honestly have no idea who I'm suspicious of now but I hope you figure it out.

Byee![/quote]

God, do you shop at WIFOM-R-US or something? Even I'm suspicious of this send off - it's like everything a stereotypical FM would say to get themselves out of a lynch in one post :rolleyes:

(Which of course would just make people want to lynch them more :P)

To be honest I didn't expect banana to be used by anyone else so I didn't think it would be an issue. And who knows about my suspect list. Before coming back just now I'd decided that I wouldn't do that any more since it was completely arbitrary really. Mostly I was just hoping everyone else would do a list like that see if we could use that to find the baddies. It doesn't matter now.

And for the record, my style is conciliatory and unconfrontational. Personally I think life would be better if people would be more like that. So that shouldn't be a point against me. Anyway, I guess I'll see you again in SH

[quote name='House Jordayne' post='1425042' date='Jul 2 2008, 21.01']God, do you shop at WIFOM-R-US or something? Even I'm suspicious of this send off - it's like everything a stereotypical FM would say to get themselves out of a lynch in one post :rolleyes:[/quote]

Well if you want to not lynch me that would be great :) but it doesn't matter. You'll find out if and when you kill the SK, or in heaven that I am innocent. Since I am so near death I am not bothred really. 'A dead man is beyond fear' or some such was in the books wasn't it?

Also, what's WIFOM?

[quote name='House Overton' post='1425047' date='Jul 2 2008, 14.03']Well if you want to not lynch me that would be great :) but it doesn't matter. You'll find out if and when you kill the SK, or in heaven that I am innocent. Since I am so near death I am not bothred really. 'A dead man is beyond fear' or some such was in the books wasn't it?[/quote]

:bang:

[quote]Also, what's WIFOM?[/quote]

WIFOM=Wine in front of me...

*sigh* it's a long story...

[quote name='House Myatt' post='1425056' date='Jul 2 2008, 15.09']Please, do tell.[/quote]

ever see The Princess Bride? The poisen in the wine scene? It basically means a circular argument.

Come on OVerton. I have not really suspected you and I don't want to lynch you. All innocents should fight being lynched.

[quote name='House Overton' post='1425047' date='Jul 2 2008, 14.03']'A dead man is beyond fear' or some such was in the books wasn't it?[/quote]

'A man without hope is a man without fear' is another good one. From the Frank Miller Daredevil comics.

[quote name='House Jordayne' post='1425054' date='Jul 2 2008, 21.07']:bang:[/quote]

Lol what do you want me to say? Maybe 'I hate you all so i'm glad you're lynching me but on the other hand I am actually the SK and the mafia combined so I would have liked to have killed you while you slept'. I mean I could have said that, but it's not true and I don't mean it.

At the end of the day I'm not appearing innocent because I'm an FM who's a good actor desperately avoiding a lynch. I'm appearing innocent because I am innocent. And I'm also trying to be good-humoured about it, even though I would really rather not be lynched. Oh yeh, [b]remove vote[/b] as well. It will look a bit sad on the night scene when I am lynched and I still have my vote on someone.

[quote name='House Brax' post='1425063' date='Jul 2 2008, 21.13']ever see The Princess Bride? The poisen in the wine scene? It basically means a circular argument.

Come on OVerton. I have not really suspected you and I don't want to lynch you. All innocents should fight being lynched.[/quote]

Like I said, I don't really understand the case against me. Please understand, from my point of view, I'm an innocent just trying to have fun and play mafia to the best of my ability and openly as I said, and people find this suspicious. I will learn for next time, perhaps to be more middle of the roady, but for now, is there anything I can say to change people's minds? Cos I can't think of anything.

And I've kind of got used to being lynched now. I'm not expecting to survive, so if I am reprieved, then that's just a bonus.

[quote name='House Jordayne' post='1425042' date='Jul 2 2008, 15.01']God, do you shop at WIFOM-R-US or something? Even I'm suspicious of this send off - it's like everything a stereotypical FM would say to get themselves out of a lynch in one post :rolleyes:

(Which of course would just make people want to lynch them more :P)[/quote]
Heh. This is exactly what I thought as well.

I was becoming somewhat concerned at so many people agreeing with me and others on Overton, as well. Although why an FM would [i]defend[/i] their partner is beyond me. You say there is no support in the Overton camp. Wouldn't any safe sort of support be in the form of voting for someone else? Overtly defending Overton wouldn't be a good idea, I think.

On refresh, I see that Overton is really digging himself a hole. :unsure:
Jordi, who would you prefer we lynch?

[quote name='House Overton' post='1424184' date='Jul 2 2008, 03.55']Although, thinking about it, a profiency with statistics may actually have its value in the game, provided he is not a bad guy, in which case it would only value his cronies and that would not be a good thing.[/quote]
How many people are there on the innocents team? I can help out with my advanced statistical knowledge, but only if I know how many people here are on each team. I haven't played Mafia in a while, so I don't remember how the teams divide up.

BTW I have no special roles, I am meat.

[quote name='House Overton' post='1425069' date='Jul 2 2008, 14.16']Oh yeh, [b]remove vote[/b] as well. It will look a bit sad on the night scene when I am lynched and I still have my vote on someone.[/quote]

Don't be sad Overton! I suggest you vote for Egen. I made a brilliant case against him and no one even bothered to read it!

Even if it turns up to be ultimately futile, it will be a gallant act. Like Custer charging the legion of indians in Little-Big-Horn in "They died with their boots on".

[i]I put WIFOM in the [url="http://mafia.perendination.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page"]mafia wiki[/url], in case anyone needs further explanation.[/i]

[quote name='House Harte' post='1425079' date='Jul 2 2008, 21.20']On refresh, I see that Overton is really digging himself a hole. :unsure:
Jordi, who would you prefer we lynch?[/quote]

Oh well. I suppose at the bottom of this hole lies spoiler heaven, so it's not all bad.

And I'll put my dying vote on [b]Egen[/b]. I don't really know that your case on Egen is particularly good Tyrell, but you clearly want some response, so you can have a dead man's vote!

Peace, guys.

The funny thing is, this was a cross post with Tyrell's so great minds eh Tyrell? :)

And you shouldn't think that just cos they didn't respond they didn't read it. They're probably just thinking that Egen is very unlikely to be today's lynch so yours is an argument best disseminated tomorrow.

[quote name='House Whitehill' post='1424776' date='Jul 2 2008, 12.52']You know, now that Fell has it in my head that smiley faces are an attempt to placate people, I can't help but read your post and think you are kissing up. Get me to leave you alone now, and then you try to kill me at night.[/quote]
this is mostly nonsense.

[quote]Anyway, no, it doesn't really clear things up. I understand what you're claiming here, but when I read the post, it still looks to me as if you're saying "I've thought about it, and have decided that Grandison deserves my vote."[/quote] I can't see why this is suspicious, please expain it to me.

[quote]It's definitely suspicious. If you're innocent and want to say something game related, then say something that will help us find the bad guys. Don't just make an empty, pointless statement that looks like contribution, but really doesn't help us at all.[/quote] Find me a person posting yesterday who didn't do this

[quote]I disagree with your claim that a vote wouldn't accomplish anything. A case adds pressure, but it isn't going to accomplish much if people ignore it. However, if people cast votes against the subject of the case, as a result of the case, then the pressure will be increased and the player in question will be more likely to respond.[/quote] Some votes create more pressure than others. Not all votes are created equal

[quote]That said, I don't dispute your right to vote for whoever you think is most suspicious.[/quote] then what is your problem?

[quote]You may not have voted for me, but you certainly did rank me 2nd on your suspect list. Even if you weren't pushing your case against me, you still had me ranked near the top based on that empty case.

And once again, I feel like you're kissing up to me. I don't like it.[/quote]
Do you not see your own contridiction here? (not to mention I was his #2)

Well well well, there does seem to have been a lot going on since I tried to get Myatt lynched. Looks like Overton's standing by the noose instead.

And whoever said it didn't matter if innocents let themselves get lynched is wrong. For once I agree with Brax.

If any innocent is facing a lynch, fight back. Also, tell us who your suspects are (and even who you trust), because once we get the CF, we'll know you're innocent and opinions from friendly ground can be useful. Contrariwise, if you are mafia, you don't want to say anything which might give away who your partners are. Thus it's important to try and extract any information about other players out of lynch candidates....

So Myatt still looks more suspicious to me than Overton. Myatt hasn't given much away about his actual suspects. His 'reread' only turned up Overton as fishy, which is hardly original.

I see why Overton looks suspicious, though he's only middling for me.

Some people seem to be bandwaggoning here, e.g. Costayne:

[quote name='House Costayne' post='1424841' date='Jul 2 2008, 10.27']Various notes...

Ok, read through the rest of the game and I feel pretty secure in my Overton vote now. Mainly I don't like his mini-cases. They're real stretches, especially the one on Harte after only 3 posts. If you're going to call someone out for fitting the CB profile, just say that. Quoting a bunch of lighthearted posts just isn't convincing and it's too, "Look, ma, I'm [i]contributing[/i]". I don't like how he started making mini-cases after being called out for a wishy-washy agreement with Fell's case.[/quote]

To defend Overton here: I asked Overton to make mini-cases on Whitehill and Harte, who he'd said were more suspicious than Myatt. Thus he was forced to pull something out of his ass which could at least compete with my case on Myatt. Not my fault he just can't pull it off with the same panache. ;)

[quote name='Kat' post='1425087' date='Jul 2 2008, 15.24'][i]I put WIFOM in the [url="http://mafia.perendination.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page"]mafia wiki[/url], in case anyone needs further explanation.[/i][/quote]
Oooh!!! I know what OMGUS means now! :D ...And I think it's rather stupid. :unsure:

Archived