Mafia 54: Return of the Cannibal

Shadowbaby

Well, I guarded Strong. And there were 2 night kills. So he's apparently not the SK after all. :unsure:

Here's my code. Go to this [url="http://secretcodebreaker.com/keyword.html"]website[/url]. Type "BLFRSQJIATT" in the Message field. Type "monkey" in the Keyword field. Click 'decipher'.

The result is HPK[u]STRONG[/u]UU.

I hid the name Strong among a few other random letters, so that nobody could guess who I was guarding based on the number of letters in my code.

So here's what I know.

1) Strong is not the SK. But he could be the final FM.
2) Brax is the SK.

Game might already be lost for me and the rest of the innocents. You might both be evil. But the difference between you is that I [u]know[/u] Brax is evil. Whereas, I can't know that Strong is the last FM. Maybe the last FM was Tyrell (or even Templeton, though I think that is a long shot), and he was killed by Brax last night even while he was making his own last kill.

My vote goes to [b]Brax[/b]. Hopefully Strong will show up and will vote for him too.

It is day 6.

3 players remain: Brax, Strong, Whitehill.

2 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

1 vote for Brax (Whitehill)

2 players have not voted: Brax, Strong.

Mod Pebs in now gonna leave you in hte hands of Shabba. you won't see me again till Euro morning.

You almost had me Whitey. Had you said you guarded me, I still would not be able to choose. However, I know I did not kill anyone last night. My guess is Tyrell killed Templeton and the SK killed Tyrell. Since you claim Strong was guarded, he cannot be the SK. That leaves only you my dear.

[quote name='House Whitehill' post='1430669' date='Jul 7 2008, 16.12']Well, I guarded Strong. And there were 2 night kills. So he's apparently not the SK after all. :unsure:

Here's my code. Go to this [url="http://secretcodebreaker.com/keyword.html"]website[/url]. Type "BLFRSQJIATT" in the Message field. Type "monkey" in the Keyword field. Click 'decipher'.

The result is HPK[u]STRONG[/u]UU.

I hid the name Strong among a few other random letters, so that nobody could guess who I was guarding based on the number of letters in my code.

So here's what I know.

1) Strong is not the SK. But he could be the final FM.
2) Brax is the SK.

Game might already be lost for me and the rest of the innocents. You might both be evil. But the difference between you is that I [u]know[/u] Brax is evil. Whereas, I can't know that Strong is the last FM. Maybe the last FM was Tyrell (or even Templeton, though I think that is a long shot), and he was killed by Brax last night even while he was making his own last kill.

My vote goes to [b]Brax[/b]. Hopefully Strong will show up and will vote for him too.[/quote]
Now I know the truth. I am not the SK. I was the vig. I targeted Egen, thinking for sure I had the SK. I coded a post on day one.

[quote name='House Brax' post='1424484' date='Jul 2 2008, 10.12']I see that Templeton is a [b]v[/b]ery smart person, as he seems to be the only person not confused by bananas and cases. :P I was using Banana/Apple as if [b]i[/b]t was an evaluation or summary, not as a case. Our fruity terms are better left in last [b]g[/b]ame to avoid confusion, it would seem.[/quote]

To avoid the mistake of the sympy friends of the last game, I chose the first letter of the 7th word in the first sentence, the firsth letter of the 8th word in the second sentence and the first letter of the 9th word in the 3rd. V-I-G.

I have no idea if a person was healed that night or if there was a double hit on Egen.

So obviously, Whitehill, you finally miscalculated.

Strong, if you are innocent, and not the last FM, vote for Whitehill. He is the SK.

[quote name='House Brax' post='1430830' date='Jul 7 2008, 16.53']I was the vig. I targeted Egen, thinking for sure I had the SK.

I have no idea if a person was healed that night or if there was a double hit on Egen.[/quote]

I'm just going to ignore your horrible code for now, and focus on how ridiculous this part of your claim is. For multiple reasons.

1) You thought you had caught the SK....so you used your vig power on him? Seriously? That's your claim.

The SK is bulletproof. You obviously know that, since you're the SK. Must have slipped your mind....understandable, given that you had to focus your energy on coming up with this inane role claim.

[quote name='Targ']Cannibal - You are a serial killer. You will be able to kill once every other night due to intense hunger pains. At all other times, you will keep yourself fed on the bodies of the other dead town members. [u]You are completely bulletproof.[/u][/quote]

So your claim to have targeted Egen because you thought you had nailed the SK is clearly a lie.

2) You are claiming there was a heal on somebody else (blocking another kill) or a double hit on Egen. Yeah, right. Reality is, there were 2 deaths on a night when we expected there to be 2 deaths (SK and FM). There's absolutely no evidence of you being the Vig. None. Your convenient b.s. excuses aren't going to work.

3) If you coded your role, then you must have been careful enough to code Egen's name in somewhere, right? Something that indicates that he was your supposed vig target prior to his death on night 3? If you didn't code that, then please explain why you chose to code the word 'vig', but not bother with the name of your victim.

Your claim is horrible. Strong would have to be an idiot to believe it.

[quote name='House Whitehill' post='1430852' date='Jul 7 2008, 18.15']I'm just going to ignore your horrible code for now, and focus on how ridiculous this part of your claim is. For multiple reasons.

1) You thought you had caught the SK....so you used your vig power on him? Seriously? That's your claim.

The SK is bulletproof. You obviously know that, since you're the SK. Must have slipped your mind....understandable, given that you had to focus your energy on coming up with this inane role claim.

So your claim to have targeted Egen because you thought you had nailed the SK is clearly a lie.

2) You are claiming there was a heal on somebody else (blocking another kill) or a double hit on Egen. Yeah, right. Reality is, there were 2 deaths on a night when we expected there to be 2 deaths (SK and FM). There's absolutely no evidence of you being the Vig. None. Your convenient b.s. excuses aren't going to work.

3) If you coded your role, then you must have been careful enough to code Egen's name in somewhere, right? Something that indicates that he was your supposed vig target prior to his death on night 3? If you didn't code that, then please explain why you chose to code the word 'vig', but not bother with the name of your victim.

Your claim is horrible. Strong would have to be an idiot to believe it.[/quote]

No, it was not the best decision. I KNEW the SF was bullet proof. If I targeted someone and they didn't die, I would accuse them of being the SK and reveal my role and code. That was my plan. To have something to back up my case since no one was listening to me. The main reason I had zeroed in on Egen was his statement that Reyne had been am FM when everyone else thought he was innocent. I thought that was a SK slip up.

Okay, so this game is all wrapped up. Time for me to prove that Brax is lying.

Brax acknowledging that the SK is bulletproof -
[quote name='Brax']What we know is the SK has no fear of night kills so he doesn't need to look lynchable.[/quote]

And again -
[quote name='Brax']I wanted to think about the SK today. I laid out a few general things earlier about the SK. He has no fear of being a night target so he doesn't need to be lynchable.[/quote]

Those both came from day 3. Thats [u]before[/u] Brax supposedly killed Egen.

So Brax clearly knew that the SK was bulletproof. Yet Brax now claims -
[quote name='Brax']I was the vig. I targeted Egen, thinking for sure I had the SK.[/quote]

Brax is obviously lying about being the Vig. He knew the SK was BP. So there's no way he'd try to vig kill somebody who he felt was an SK suspect.

Nice try, Brax. But next time you reveal a fake role, be more careful.

[quote name='House Brax' post='1430866' date='Jul 7 2008, 17.25']No, it was not the best decision. I KNEW the SF was bullet proof. If I targeted someone and they didn't die, I would accuse them of being the SK and reveal my role and code. That was my plan. To have something to back up my case since no one was listening to me. The main reason I had zeroed in on Egen was his statement that Reyne had been am FM when everyone else thought he was innocent. I thought that was a SK slip up.[/quote]

:rolleyes: Good of you to ignore the little problem that Egen was a top candidate to be healed or even be BP.

So now you're basically asking us to believe that you chose to waste your vig power to attempt to prove something that couldn't actually be proven. Right. Or maybe...just maybe....you're now realizing your mistake and desperately trying to cover it up.

[quote name='House Whitehill' post='1430867' date='Jul 7 2008, 18.26']Okay, so this game is all wrapped up. Time for me to prove that Brax is lying.

Brax acknowledging that the SK is bulletproof -

And again -

Those both came from day 3. Thats [u]before[/u] Brax supposedly killed Egen.

So Brax clearly knew that the SK was bulletproof. Yet Brax now claims -

Brax is obviously lying about being the Vig. He knew the SK was BP. So there's no way he'd try to vig kill somebody who he felt was an SK suspect.

Nice try, Brax. But next time you reveal a fake role, be more careful.[/quote]

But the vig can act as a finder in this case, and that was what I was hoping to do.

[quote name='House Whitehill' post='1430871' date='Jul 7 2008, 18.29']:rolleyes: Good of you to ignore the little problem that Egen was a top candidate to be healed or even be BP.

So now you're basically asking us to believe that you chose to waste your vig power to attempt to prove something that couldn't actually be proven. Right. Or maybe...just maybe....you're now realizing your mistake and desperately trying to cover it up.[/quote]

No, you were the top heal candidate. And if I accused him of being the Sk and he claimed BP, we both would have been lynched. I accepted the risk of getting the SK out of the game.

[quote name='House Brax' post='1430872' date='Jul 7 2008, 17.30']But the vig can act as a finder in this case, and that was what I was hoping to do.[/quote]

Thats not even close to being believable.

Hopefully, Strong sees through your b.s. Its up to him now.

[quote name='House Whitehill' post='1430878' date='Jul 7 2008, 18.33']Thats not even close to being believable.

Hopefully, Strong sees through your b.s. Its up to him now.[/quote]

I really hope he shows. Or you, the SK will win the game if he is mod killed.

[quote name='House Brax' post='1430880' date='Jul 7 2008, 17.34']Or you, the SK will win the game if he is mod killed.[/quote]

I feel like this is turning into a bad play. Love how you repeat that I'm supposedly the SK over and over, as if Strong was going to forget what you were claiming.

Hark! I too have the most sincere hope that Strong returns to us! For, if he does not, then you, House Brax, fiendish Serial Killer, dark and hungry Cannibal, plague upon our innocent town, will secure an unjust victory. A travesty of epic proportions, that would surely be!

[quote name='House Whitehill' post='1430884' date='Jul 7 2008, 18.39']I feel like this is turning into a bad play. Love how you repeat that I'm supposedly the SK over and over, as if Strong was going to forget what you were claiming.

Hark! I too have the most sincere hope that Strong returns to us! For, if he does not, then you, House Brax, fiendish Serial Killer, dark and hungry Cannibal, plague upon our innocent town, will secure an unjust victory. A travesty of epic proportions, that would surely be![/quote]

I sincerely hope you are enjoying this as much as I am :love:

You almost had me too. But you had no way of knowing that I was the innocent. Hell, Strong could be a partner to Tyrell and may side with you just so a killing faction wins.

[quote name='House Brax' post='1430895' date='Jul 7 2008, 17.52']I sincerely hope you are enjoying this as much as I am :love:[/quote]

I'm enjoying it. :) Both in general and also because I'm glad I finally caught you in the end.

Strong might be the last FM, no question. But if thats the case, then I've already lost. No point in worrying about that now - nothing I can do about it. Just have to hope that he's innocent, he sees that you're lying, and he lynches you.

[quote name='House Whitehill' post='1430901' date='Jul 7 2008, 18.59']I'm enjoying it. :) Both in general and also because I'm glad I finally caught you in the end.

Strong might be the last FM, no question. But if thats the case, then I've already lost. No point in worrying about that now - nothing I can do about it. Just have to hope that he's innocent, he sees that you're lying, and he lynches you.[/quote]

Don't worry, I won't lie to Strong. :)

All right, my thoughts.. Shit, I feel the full regard of spoiler heaven piercing my very soul at this point.

I'm pretty confused I must admitt. I'm the kind of player that pretty much never survives for more than a couple of days. I haven't been in the end game as an innocent since.. well.. last time I played here I think, which was a couple of years ago :P

I'll try to explain my thought process here. As i've said on a number of occasions, House Brax has been a main suspect of mine since the very begining because he plays much like I tend to do when a killer. I could pull out posts from now until the end of time showing this, but as the only one I need to convince is myself, I wont. Also, the vig claim strikes me as painfully weak, and more of a final way out, rather than an actual truth. At the same time though, surely he would've picked a better target than Egen if he was to lie about it?

Then there's whitehill, whom I can't shake off the feeling has been leading us all since he started speaking up at day 2. This might be a bit of a bias from my point. The last time I played here, House Grandison was the last killer and he led everyone around by the nose without anyone being even mildly suspicious. The final day he got me lynched and the killers won..

Here's my problem. Everything points towards Brax, and that makes me suspicious of Whitehill. It just seems too easy, and I never was good at believing in easy.

so what to do, huh? I've always trusted my gut feeling where I usually play, and i'm generally pretty good at sniffing out killers there, but here I just have no idea. Perhaps you're too good, or perhaps the playing style is just too different. So, sitting here, my head tells me I should vote for Brax, my gut that I should vote for Whitehill.

Archived