AGOT Mafia 53.5 - The Ankh-Morpork City Watch Masquerade Ball

Masonity

[quote name='Cohen the Barbarian' post='1410916' date='Jun 23 2008, 02.47']I'm going too. I'm safe until Gytha and Libby vote, and I can't convince Io - obviously! I don't know if Esme is here or not but as she's already voted for me, I guess she's made her mind up; she could be the symp after all.[/quote]

You can't convince me of what?

Esme could be the symp to whom?

[quote name='Blind Io' post='1410950' date='Jun 22 2008, 21.45']You can't convince me of what?

Esme could be the symp to whom?[/quote]

Apparently, he is trying to argue that I am your symp. I'm not.

[quote name='Gytha Ogg']I have looked as Esme and I noticed something that might be a little odd: She is rather confrontational with just about everyone at some point...with 2 exceptions: Blind Io (what a surprise! she asked him one question and never followed up on it) and with Librarian.

If Esme was symping Blind Io, it was pretty subtle. Other than her giving Libby the pass for catching his friends code, BI is the only person she never really challenged.

I can't help but think that speaks volumes.[/quote]

If I was Blind Io's symp, you'd be able to find evidence of me supporting his cases, agreeing with his ideas, etc. I wouldn't drop an obvious symp clue to my master, but I'd certainly try to send him a message through my supportive behavior.

Instead of finding the above, though, you'll note that I've barely interacted with Io. That's something you might expect from an FM partner, but not from a symp.

Also, there's the fact that I listed Blind Io among the possibilities for the Rincewind partner / Hogfather master. I wrote a case about it. No, I wasn't listing him as the top suspect....but why would I have even written a case if I was his symp? When I could have easily just reminded everyone that Hogfather attacked and voted for Io, effectively eliminating him from consideration for the Rincewind-Hogfather team. Thats something I would have remembered as a symp. But as an innocent who was over-tired and trying to analyze a bunch of players late at night, I missed it and somebody else had to point it out.

Libby has woken up.

It sucks to find out I was wrong about DoR. I am now almost convinced that Blind Io is guilty.

However, I'm an impatient monkey. Seeing that some people still think that I may be Cohen's symp, I'm now voting him to open their eyes.

He is the most probable FM after Blind Io. It's virtually impossible for any of our dear witches to be partnered with Ducky.

If I die tonight, please vote Io first thing tommorow morning. If one of you ladies is a FM, a tramendous game. [b]Cohen[/b]

It is day 6.

5 players remain: Blind Io, Cohen the Barbarian, Esme Weatherwax, Gytha Ogg, The Librarian.

3 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

3 votes for Cohen the Barbarian (Esme Weatherwax, Blind Io, The Librarian.)
1 vote for Blind Io (Cohen the Barbarian)

1 player has not voted: Gytha Ogg.

Cohen the Barbarion has been Lynched

"So we should lynch Cohen because the Librarian's his symp," Esme Weatherwax said. "I went over this already."

Gytha Ogg nodded. "It looks like a good banana," she said, "but I'm going to have to think about it."

"It does look like a good banana," Blind Io agreed," and I'm not going to think about it. We should lynch the Barbarian!"

Looking distinctly less enthused about that idea, Cohen says, "Uh, I don't think that's a very good banana, sorry. We should lynch Blind Io!"

"I need to think," Gytha said again. "I don't think Blind Io is an assassin. I just can't choose."

"That's fine," the Librarian said. "I can decide for you, Gytha. We should lynch Cohen, right, Carcer? Or Blind Io? It doesn't really matter, does it?"

Esme--or Carcer, shall we say--shook her his head. "No. Not really. We could lynch one and kill the other."

"That sounds good," the Librarian said as he squirmed out of his orangutan suit to reveal a young assassin dressed in black.

While Carcer kneaded Blind Io's face into a gooey dough, the assassin tied Cohen the Barbarian to a stick and set him atop the fire for a slow, even roast (Gytha Ogg was still thinking to herself in the corner). "How long have you been following me?" Carcer asked.

"Ever since I got caught in that lightning thing with the monk thirty years ago. I think that makes it about seven days now. Time travelling's a bitch," the assassin (his name is John Bleedwell, if you're curious, but he's not the type to share his name to random people he meets while time traveling) replied. "So I've got this assignment to inhume the Patrician. Be right back."

"I thought you already killed him when we first got here," Carcer replied, up to his elbows in human mush. Perhaps there was enough leftover duck and rat to make pastries?

He certainly didn't kill inhuman the Patrician, but hey, John Bleedwell's always happy to take credit for somebody else's work. "We have a strict warranty policy in the Assassin's Guild," he explained. "After we inhume somebody, they can't start working again. We promise to fix people so they're not working anymore if they do."

Suddenly, an old street sweeper rushed in. "Ah, Qu was right! You are still here! What are you still doing here?" he asked with his broom flailing about. "This is not good. You shouldn't be here."

"We're here because you left us here," Carcer explained, and that was all he had time to do before he lost a great deal of time. Thirty years worth of it to be exact. With a flash and a bang and shrickle shrackley pop, he disappeared with the assassin and the street sweeper. Next thing he knew, he was back in old Ankh-Morpork of thirty years hence, no sign of The Patrician, the ballroom, or the slightly cleaner streets he glimpsed through the Opera House window.

[b][size=7]GAME OVER. TEAM BRECCIA WINS.[/size][/b]

---

Oblivious to the sweeper and the vanishing evil-doers, Gytha sat in the corner thinking very hard. "I still can't decide! I don't think Blind Io's a killing killer that kills, but--" With a startled gasp, she finally noticed that she was very, very along with a neat line of duck and rat pastries lined up on the nearest table.

"What was I trying to choose between again?" Gytha wondered. "Why, I can't remember."

Pots, were you playing? Or spectating?

And it's certainly odd to see that WJ was my master...I mean, I knew Esme is an excellent player, but I feel as if he left me to do the agression part...

Anyway, :cheers:

[quote name='Mexal' post='1411394' date='Jun 23 2008, 10.49']You're lucky I wasn't playing ;)[/quote]
And lucky I died when I did. I recognized there was no reason for you to be PIed and your response that you PIed Librarian and I only made me more suspicious. Why? Because I know you are smarter than that :).

Archived