AGOT Mafia 53.5 - The Ankh-Morpork City Watch Masquerade Ball

Masonity

[quote name='Hogfather' post='1404502' date='Jun 18 2008, 14.59']Death, are you seriously going to be doing that all game? It is going to start to make me want to bold your name for less and less. Friendly FYI :).

Gotta head out for a bit, be back lataaaa.[/quote]
So you're planning on lynching the annoying ones? Or just the ones with 'death' in their names? Either way, I don't think that's a winning strategy for the innocents. :unsure:

[quote name='Soul Cake Duck' post='1404516' date='Jun 18 2008, 21.06']Some of you are guilty. I can't say more for now. I need to look at you all for a while. Want a banana?[/quote]
Oh, how sweet of you. Give a banana to a monkey. :rolleyes:

However, I'm a different kind of monkey. I eat results. And lynches.

[quote name='Death of Rats' post='1404542' date='Jun 18 2008, 21.17']So you admit you're a traitor.[/quote]
Gosh, you've caught me there! I'll never disagree with you again. :rolleyes:

Now that you've got your raven, what do you think about Blind Io?

[quote name='Librarian' post='1404550' date='Jun 18 2008, 14.19']Gosh, you've caught me there! I'll never disagree with you again. :rolleyes:

Now that you've got your raven, what do you think about Blind Io?[/quote]

Well, I'm not going to defend him. I'm not going to vote him yet either though.

EDIT: Not that there's anything to defend...

[quote name='Librarian' post='1404498' date='Jun 18 2008, 13.58']Nice. When we lynch Io and he turns up guilty, you're next.[/quote]

I AM NOT PRECLUDING HIS GUILT. I FIND IT ODD THAT HE DIRECTED US TO AN OLD GAME FOR NO REAL CONNECTION TO THIS GAME ASIDE FROM THEME. HOWEVER, THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH BOARD MECHANICS IN YOUR FIRST ARGUMENT AND THAT IS ALL I WANTED TO ADDRESS. I WOULD LIKE TO INDULGE IN PEDANTRY FOR A MOMENT JUST BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO. NO SOULS TO REAP. NO LIVES TO END. JUST MAFIA.

IMAGINE IF YOU WILL THIS COMMON TURN OF EVENTS:

1. BLIND IO REFRESHES AND READS PAGE.

[quote name='Death' post='1404331' date='Jun 18 2008, 12.31']*sigh*

THERE ARE TIMES WHEN I WISH I COULD DECIDE ONE'S TIME OF DEATH, RATHER THAN BE THE MERE USHER INTO THE AFTERLIFE.[/quote]

2. YOU POST YOUR REPLY WHILE HE IS READING THE PAGE.

[quote name='Librarian' post='1404340' date='Jun 18 2008, 12.37']Stupid to even dare asking. As all of you should know, Death talks in CAPS. Not mocking him about this is a key to longer (although not happier) life. To mock him means to die (eventually).

Awww...it's been answered already.[/quote]

3. BLIND IO REPLIES TO QUESTION ABOUT ALL CAPS WITHOUT REFRESHING AND SEEING YOUR REPLY.

[quote name='Blind Io' post='1404347' date='Jun 18 2008, 12.39']Death always talks in all caps.

Perhaps a reread of Dunny's Discworld game would be helpful. Can anyone provide a link?[/quote]

4. YOU COME TO FALLACIOUS FIRST ARGUMENT.

[quote name='Librarian' post='1404455' date='Jun 18 2008, 13.42']Okay, RP was fun, now let's cut for the chase:

I dislike this post.

First of all, he explained someting I've already explained 3 minutes before. That certainly is more than he needed to write such a short post. There was even a reply before mine, although tehnically not explaining the issue. However, it looks like trying to blend in to me.[/quote]

I APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT; HOWEVER I WOULD NOT JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS ABOUT MY GUILT WHEN YOU DO NOT EXAMINE YOUR OWN LOGIC BEFORE POSTING IT. THERE WERE JUST NO OTHER ARGUMENTS TO RESPOND TO AT THE TIME.

[quote name='Death' post='1404562' date='Jun 18 2008, 14.23']I APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT; HOWEVER I WOULD NOT JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS ABOUT MY GUILT WHEN YOU DO NOT EXAMINE YOUR OWN LOGIC BEFORE POSTING IT. THERE WERE JUST NO OTHER ARGUMENTS TO RESPOND TO AT THE TIME.[/quote]

Eh, wasn't he calling Blind Io guilty?

You seem to be getting awfully defensive about this.

[b]DEATH[/b]

[quote name='Death' post='1404562' date='Jun 18 2008, 21.23']I APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT; HOWEVER I WOULD NOT JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS ABOUT MY GUILT WHEN YOU DO NOT EXAMINE YOUR OWN LOGIC BEFORE POSTING IT. THERE WERE JUST NO OTHER ARGUMENTS TO RESPOND TO AT THE TIME.[/quote]
I think it would be extremely odd if it took him three minutes to write that post.

I also think that you are being overdefensive.

[quote name='Death of Rats' post='1404590' date='Jun 18 2008, 21.30']I forgot to mention that you're posting in all caps, the universal sign of animosity and wanting to kill people at night.[/quote]
:rolleyes: Look who's talking now.

Death's big reply to a side-note joking mention of him is a serious thing in my eyes. Don't make it less stong an argument by jokes. Thanks.

[quote name='Librarian' post='1404602' date='Jun 18 2008, 14.34']:rolleyes: Look who's talking now.

Death's big reply to a side-note joking mention of him is a serious thing in my eyes. Don't make it less stong an argument by jokes. Thanks.[/quote]

Who's actually voting for the suspicious person here?

[quote name='Death of Rats' post='1404556' date='Jun 18 2008, 14.22']Well, I'm not going to defend him. I'm not going to vote him yet either though.

EDIT: Not that there's anything to defend...[/quote]

[quote name='Death' post='1404562' date='Jun 18 2008, 14.23']I APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT; HOWEVER I WOULD NOT JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS ABOUT MY GUILT WHEN YOU DO NOT EXAMINE YOUR OWN LOGIC BEFORE POSTING IT. THERE WERE JUST NO OTHER ARGUMENTS TO RESPOND TO AT THE TIME.[/quote]

Talk about extremes. One guy is afraid to give his opinion, and the other one writes a book.

[b]Death of Rats[/b] how is the middle of the road looking?

Death's reply isn't all that long, and defensive or not he is correct. Death is basically saying that sometimes people post while other people are writing their posts. The only thing suspicious about that is that he didn't just say so, but instead quoted every single post involved to make his own seem more substantial.

Archived