AGOT Mafia 53.5 - The Ankh-Morpork City Watch Masquerade Ball

Masonity

[quote name='Death of Rats' post='1404603' date='Jun 18 2008, 21.36']Who's actually voting for the suspicious person here?[/quote]
Excuse me, I was going to wait for his reply. But as it seems, I'm off for a while, and I might actually DIE before I see one. [b]Death[/b]

[quote name='Esme Weatherwax' post='1404605' date='Jun 18 2008, 14.38']Talk about extremes. One guy is afraid to give his opinion, and the other one writes a book.

[b]Death of Rats[/b] how is the middle of the road looking?[/quote]

Did you even read the thread? What was I going to defend/attack on Blind Io? He hasn't said anything.

[quote name='Rincewind' post='1404609' date='Jun 18 2008, 21.39']The only thing suspicious about that is that he didn't just say so, but instead quoted every single post involved to [i]make his own seem more substantial[/i].[/quote]
Yeah. Do you find this suspicious and overdefensive? :rolleyes:

[quote name='Death of Rats' post='1404614' date='Jun 18 2008, 14.40']Did you even read the thread? What was I going to defend/attack on Blind Io? He hasn't said anything.[/quote]

Librarian raised points against Blind Io (quote below). You could have said if you agreed those things were suspicious.

[quote name='Librarian']First of all, he explained someting I've already explained 3 minutes before. That certainly is more than he needed to write such a short post. There was even a reply before mine, although tehnically not explaining the issue. However, it looks like trying to blend in to me.

Second, why on earth would we want to read an old Mafia game right now? Not a sure indication of guilt, of course, but it's a little bit off.[/quote]

[quote name='Esme Weatherwax' post='1404628' date='Jun 18 2008, 14.45']Librarian raised points against Blind Io. You could have said if you agreed those things were suspicious.[/quote]

I thought it was pretty obvious this was a joke vote by Libby.

If not, that is the worst FoS reason I've ever seen.

[quote name='Death of Rats' post='1404629' date='Jun 18 2008, 14.46']I thought it was pretty obvious this was a joke vote by Libby.

If not, that is the worst FoS reason I've ever seen.[/quote]

But he said the joke phase was over and that Io's post was the most suspicious thing in the game, and then he asked a few people what they thought of Io. I don't see the joke.

[quote name='Esme Weatherwax' post='1404636' date='Jun 18 2008, 14.48']But he said the joke phase was over and that Io's post was the most suspicious thing in the game, and then he asked a few people what they thought of Io. I don't see the joke.[/quote]

Really? You don't see the joke in a seemingly levelheaded person voting somebody because they cross-posted them and recommend we read an older game. Really? Ok, I will go on record right now saying I [u]do not find this suspicious.[/u]

[quote name='Librarian' post='1404529' date='Jun 18 2008, 14.11']Than please share your with us.[/quote]
Please share my what? :P

I think Death's over-defensive post is the only thing that seems mildly suspicious thus far.

And I think Gytha's innnuendo is, uh, unfortunate. ;)

A bit busy, atm. Be back in a few hours, I hope.

To me (just getting here and reading atfer the fact) Death seemed more annoyed by Librarian's completely made up reason to vote and not all that defensive.

Librarian was reaching a lot, but I don't know if that is suspicion or just over eagerness to get things started.

[quote name='Death of Rats' post='1404640' date='Jun 18 2008, 14.50']Really? You don't see the joke in a seemingly levelheaded person voting somebody because they cross-posted them and recommend we read an older game. Really?[/quote]

Nope I don't see the joke, I see him asking you a question and you initially giving a middle of the road answer.

Death's post is no more suspicious than the Librarian's two quick votes based on flimsy arguments. Those are really just signs that they are playing mafia. I've got to run as well, so I hope yall continue playing.

That way I can figure everything out when I get back, right?

[quote name='Death of Rats' post='1404665' date='Jun 18 2008, 16.02']Okay, then I assumed nobody could come up with such terrible reasons to lynch someone without joking. I'll leave my sense of humor at the door next ball.[/quote]

I suspect we will all need a good sense of humor to get though this ball. :P

[quote name='Rincewind' post='1404609' date='Jun 18 2008, 14.39']Death's reply isn't all that long, and defensive or not he is correct. Death is basically saying that sometimes people post while other people are writing their posts. The only thing suspicious about that is that he didn't just say so, but instead quoted every single post involved to make his own seem more substantial.[/quote]

"MAKE HIS OWN SEEM MORE SUBSTANTIAL" IS CALLED AN ASSUMPTION. OR BY SOME PEOPLE, SPIN. IN FACT, I DID IT BECAUSE THE FIRST TIME I STATED MY ARGUMENT, LIBRARIAN DID NOT SEEM TO UNDERSTAND MY ARGUMENT AND BRUSHED ME OFF AS DEFENSIVE AND [u]WRONG[/u]. SO I DECIDED TO ELABORATE THE SECOND TIME AROUND. I QUOTED SO I COULD SEE THE TIMESTAMPS WHILE I WAS WRITING THE POST.

WHEN I POINT OUT A LOGICAL FALLACY SOMEONE ELSE MAKES, IT IS POSSIBLE THAT I AM DOING JUST THAT, AND NOT TRYING TO DEFEND THE OBJECT OF THE FALLACIOUS ARGUMENT.

HOWEVER, YOU ARE OTHERWISE CORRECT RINCEWIND. AS A REWARD, THIS IS MY LAST POST IN CHARACTER. I THOUGHT I BROUGHT A BIT OF CHARM TO THE ROLE.

I WOULD SAY THAT I'D CONSIDER LOOKING FOR A SECOND JOB AS A LAWYER, BUT MY CHIEF OPPONENT, MR. SLANT, GOES AGAINST EVERYTHING I STAND FOR. I CANNOT ABIDE ZOMBIES.

[quote name='Greedo' post='1404650' date='Jun 18 2008, 14.53']Please share my what? :P

I think Death's over-defensive post is the only thing that seems mildly suspicious thus far.

And I think Gytha's innnuendo is, uh, unfortunate. ;)

A bit busy, atm. Be back in a few hours, I hope.[/quote]

For the record, I find you suspicious. You've posted 3 times, and none of them have expressed a concrete opinion. In your second post, you question Hogfather about his annoying=evil strategy, but don't follow up on that. In your third post, you simply say the only suspicious thing you've seen at all is my overreaction. Like, none of the other people who either defend/attack me or the Librarian are worth mentioning? But you also don't vote for me. Talk about leaving yourself open to jump bandwagons later on.

[b]Greebo[/b]

It is day 1.

16 players remain: Blind Io, CMOT Dibbler, Cohen the Barbarian, Death, Death of Rats, Duck Man, Esme Weatherwax, Gatha Ogg, Greebo, Offler, Rincewind, Soul Cake Duck, Stoneface Vimes, The Hogfather, The Librarian, The Luggagge.

9 votes are needed for a conviction or 8 to go to night.

2 votes for Death of Rats (The Hogfather, Esme Weatherwax)
2votes for Greebo (Cohen the Barbarian, Death)
3 vote for Death (The Librarian, Death of Rats)

10 players have not voted: Blind Io, CMOT Dibbler, Duck Man, Gatha Ogg, Greebo, Offler, Rincewind, Soul Cake Duck, Stoneface Vimes, The Luggagge.

Archived