AGOT Mafia 53.5 - The Ankh-Morpork City Watch Masquerade Ball

Masonity

Up in the clouds above...

[i]While Masonimod does whatever Masonimod does on a Saturday night out, Shadowmod and Mama Pebbles sat in Spoiler Heaven bored out of their minds and conjuring up Moist von Lipwig clones.

"Where are all our PMs?" Shadowmod whined.

Mama Pebbles sighed. "It'll be a long grave shift tonight."

The two mods sulked until a miraculous note showed up, the one they'd been waiting all night (ie, the past five minutes) for! Great timing! They squealed with delight until they realized they didn't have a morning scene ready.

"Now what?" Shadowmod asked.[/i]

Meanwhile, back on the Discworld's surface, a figure cloaked in ominous black and carrying a scythe stepped into the Opera House during the dead of the night. "HI," it said.

A figure on the floor stirred and looked up. "Oh, hi--I mean, HELLO," she said as she fixed her skull mask. "CAN I HELP YOU--oh. [i]Oh.[/i] I see." With a solemn glance at the ground, Death saw her own corpse lying on the ground with its neck twisted into the wrong direction. And she was missing her feet. Who took her feet?

As the rest of you wake, Death, both of them, fade into the darkness and disappear. The corpse remains on the ground for you all to discover before breakfast. Turns out Death bled into your cheerios. And stuck her toes in too just for fun.

[b]Death is dead. She was Kat.[/b]

[quote name='Librarian' post='1409912' date='Jun 22 2008, 00.12']So, you're basically saying that your only reason for suspecting me is your opinion that the setup ought to be symmetrical? In a game in which the mods made all the players CFs? :rolleyes:[/quote]

Yes. You have to admit that it is possible. What is the setup of the other FM team then?

You also bought Vimes claim at once. If I was partnered with someone, I wouldn't doubt his allegiance as quickly as you did.

No, you are a symp, which kind of sucks, because you played a great game. :cheers:

[b]All PMs should be sent.[/b] As always, PM us if we forgot about you.

It is day 4.

8 players remain: Blind Io, Cohen the Barbarian, Death of Rats, Esme Weatherwax, Greebo, Gytha Ogg, Stoneface Vimes, The Librarian.

5 votes are needed for a conviction or 4 to go to night.

1 vote for The Librarian (Greebo)

7 players have not voted: Blind Io, Cohen the Barbarian, Death of Rats, Esme Weatherwax, Gytha Ogg, Stoneface Vimes, The Librarian.

[quote name='Greebo' post='1409918' date='Jun 22 2008, 00.16']Yes. You have to admit that it is possible. What is the setup of the other FM team then?[/quote]
A lone symp? It's certainly possible, but kinda ridiculous if used as the only evidence that someone is a symp.
[quote]You also bought Vimes claim at once. If I was partnered with someone, I wouldn't doubt his allegiance as quickly as you did.[/quote]
Well, I knew that Rince was a killer by then. And Week defended him in our forum, and made the case on the Luggage. It all added up.

[quote name='Librarian' post='1409932' date='Jun 22 2008, 00.22']Well, I knew that Rince was a killer by then. And Week defended him in our forum, and made the case on the Luggage. It all added up.[/quote]

I still think that your reaction has been weird for someone whose friend has been investigated as symp.

The problem is, and that is the only point IMO that speaks for you: if you were indeed two symps, each of you must have had the thought that the other one might be a symp, too.

But then, if you are a symp, your lack of confidence in your partner would be logical.

My vote stays, unless Vimes gives us another positive symp investigation result.

[quote name='Greebo' post='1409939' date='Jun 22 2008, 00.29']The problem is, and that is the only point IMO that speaks for you: if you were indeed two symps, each of you must have had the thought that the other one might be a symp, too.

But then, if you are a symp, your lack of confidence in your partner would be logical.[/quote]
I fail to see this as either an evidence for or evidence against me. Care to explain it?

[quote name='Librarian' post='1409936' date='Jun 21 2008, 23.26']Well, I'm just an ape. You're a god. Do you still think Greebo is guilty?[/quote]
I do, actually. But you are the one who insisted on lynching symp Weekfather (or is that Hogapaug? :rofl: ) yesterday. I feel we should do the same to you.

But I'll wait for Vime's reveal of his symp findings first.

Want to tell us now who your master is?

[quote name='Blind Io' post='1409944' date='Jun 22 2008, 00.34']I do, actually. But you are the one who insisted on lynching symp Weekfather (or is that Hogapaug? :rofl: ) yesterday. I feel we should do the same to you.[/quote]
So, you believe I'm Duck Man's symp? Is the reason same for you as it is for Greebo?

[quote name='Blind Io' post='1409944' date='Jun 22 2008, 00.34']Want to tell us now who your master is?[/quote]

It's not DoR. He was thinking that he caught a slip from me when I called her 'her'.

Everyone should reread Hogfather and Libraria to find symp clues. In both cases we probably won't find anything too obvious, but we should make a list who they attacked and who not.

Unfortunatly, I will be off again, so someone else has to take the duty! :P

[quote name='Greebo' post='1409947' date='Jun 22 2008, 00.38']It's not DoR. He was thinking that he caught a slip from me when I called her 'her'.[/quote]
The other day, when passing through Face Value Avenue, I noticed this little shop. It had 'strategies' written in old, falling off colour, on the rusty door. As I'm a curious man by nature, I went in. While passing through the shop, a jar caught my attention. It was pretty obviously a new jar, among all the antic ones in this weird shop. It had 'While having authority, attack other players in a dumb way and judge their reaction' written all over it in tiny and neat handwriting. Of course, I didn't buy it. I hate long names. I would have bought it if it was called 'Bob'.

And yeah, Greebo, it's funny that you've mentioned DoR. I think he's a pretty good candidate for Week's master now. I'll probably be gone for the next 8 hours or so, when I will post the case on him.

ETA: I was wrong. No way he is Week's master. Anyway, judging by the NKs, I think it's a high poster we're looking for.

[quote name='Librarian' post='1409946' date='Jun 21 2008, 23.37']So, you believe I'm Duck Man's symp? Is the reason same for you as it is for Greebo?[/quote]
I think there is a very likely chance you are Duckman's symp. But as I said, I am waiting for Vime's results.

[quote name='Blind Io' post='1410060' date='Jun 22 2008, 01.47']Hey, Mod[s]s[/s]! Bored much?[/quote]
Mod. Singular.

Yes.

ETA: Mod is now seeking entertainment elsewhere. Don't lynch anyone while I'm gone. Not that Blind Io here can get a lynch off all by himself anyhow.

Archived