AGOT Mafia 53.5 - The Ankh-Morpork City Watch Masquerade Ball

Masonity

[quote name='Cohen the Barbarian' post='1405085' date='Jun 18 2008, 20.37']And Dibbler's voting go to night at the moment? We have, what, nearly 20 hours left? Plenty of time to root out any evils; tremendous waste to go to night now. More posts needed from a lot of people.[/quote]

Not only that, but with a CF, we should always lynch.

[quote name='Cohen the Barbarian' post='1405085' date='Jun 18 2008, 19.37']And Dibbler's voting go to night at the moment? We have, what, nearly 20 hours left? Plenty of time to root out any evils; tremendous waste to go to night now. More posts needed from a lot of people.[/quote]

if someone does something blatantly suspicious, or someone makes a good case in favor of lynching someone in particular i will change my vote.

[quote name='Gytha Ogg' post='1405089' date='Jun 18 2008, 19.42']Not only that, but with a CF, we should always lynch.[/quote]

not with 2 killer groups. they are trying to eliminate each other as well as us so there is a chance that a guilty person will be killed and provide us with a clue from our Coroner Finder(s?).

It is day 1.

16 players remain: Blind Io, CMOT Dibbler, Cohen the Barbarian, Death, Death of Rats, Duck Man, Esme Weatherwax, Gytha Ogg, Greebo, Offler, Rincewind, Soul Cake Duck, Stoneface Vimes, The Hogfather, The Librarian, The Luggage.

9 votes are needed for a conviction or 8 to go to night.

2 votes for Death of Rats (The Hogfather, Esme Weatherwax)
2 votes for Death (Death of Rats, The Librarian)
1 vote for Greebo (Death)
1 vote for The Hogfather (The Luggage)
1 vote for Night (CMOT Dibbler)
1 vote for The Luggage (Cohen the Barbarian)
1 vote for Gytha Ogg (Duck Man)
1 vote for CMOT Dibbler (Gytha Ogg)

6 players have not voted: Blind Io, Greebo, Offler, Rincewind, Soul Cake Duck, Stoneface Vimes.

[quote name='Cohen the Barbarian' post='1405085' date='Jun 18 2008, 20.37']It's interesting that you brought that up.
Because of course I've got a lynch train on me, and I need to divert suspicion ever so badly. Or not!!![/quote]
I was just being facetious. :P

[quote name='CMOT Dibbler' post='1405095' date='Jun 18 2008, 20.48']not with 2 killer groups. they are trying to eliminate each other as well as us so there is a chance that a guilty person will be killed and provide us with a clue from our Coroner Finder(s?).[/quote]

what does the number of killing groups have to do with it? We should still lynch.

I'll be out for about 9 hours or so.

[quote name='The Luggage' post='1404948' date='Jun 18 2008, 19.07']I think the Librarian's case against Blind Io was very weak, but there was nothing to go on at the time, so I won't hold that against him. His case on Death is slightly better. However I prefer to look at:[/quote]
I still prefer the case on [b]Blind Io[/b] who I will vote for a bit more seriously now.
[quote name='The Luggage' post='1404948' date='Jun 18 2008, 19.07']This is [b]Hogfather[/b]'s only contributive post so far, and...really the case may have been a starting place, but agreeing with such a weak case? Especially with, IMO, the weakest part of the case? Hogfather had several other posts after this, but none of them contributed much.[/quote]
Goodness, have I only had one contributive post in the first 9 hours of day 1? Dearie me, forgive me *grovels*.

That is the weakest part of the case in YOUR opinion, I however find it to be compelling because it was what I was thinking as I read the thread the first time. The fact that you tried to come into the thread 'guns blazing' has me a bit suspicious, I hope you intend to continue this way and not simply try to avoid CB at the start which is what this feels a bit like to me.

[quote name='The Luggage' post='1405064' date='Jun 18 2008, 20.21']Hogfather has been unhelpful and agreed with a case that I felt was extremely weak, putting him slightly ahead of people who are just plain unhelpful.[/quote]
Next game I'll try to start off by moving the plates of the earth..err..discworld? You seem to have expectations for the beginning of day 1 that are unrealistically, and foolishly, high.

CMOT Dibbler,
We're going to lynch someone. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. Doing anything else would be a huge mistake.

[quote name='CMOT Dibbler' post='1405095' date='Jun 18 2008, 20.48']not with 2 killer groups. they are trying to eliminate each other as well as us so there is a chance that a guilty person will be killed and provide us with a clue from our Coroner Finder(s?).[/quote]
That reminds me, are there restrictions on the killer factions that I just keep missing? I think the standard procedure with two killing teams is for them to alternate nights, but I don't see anything in the rules that says one way or the other. Anyway, the odd/even rule shouldn't be applied this early in the game, especially with so many roles that could throw the numbers off.

[quote name='Gytha Ogg' post='1405137' date='Jun 18 2008, 20.23']what does the number of killing groups have to do with it? We should still lynch.[/quote]
because there is still the odd chance we'll have a dead baddie tomorrow to accuse each other of defending.

[quote name='Hogfather' post='1405156' date='Jun 18 2008, 20.35']CMOT Dibbler,
We're going to lynch someone. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. Doing anything else would be a huge mistake.[/quote]

alright. alright. i guess you guys know what you're talking about since you're all agreeing :/

ill re-read the thread again and throw some wild theories around.

[quote name='Hogfather' post='1405156' date='Jun 18 2008, 21.35']I still prefer the case on [b]Blind Io[/b] who I will vote for a bit more seriously now.[/quote]
Why not vote him earlier?

[quote]Goodness, have I only had one contributive post in the first 9 hours of day 1? Dearie me, forgive me *grovels*.[/quote] As you should. :P

[quote]That is the weakest part of the case in YOUR opinion, I however find it to be compelling because it was what I was thinking as I read the thread the first time.[/quote] Very well, why is it suspicious that Blind Io wanted to see the old game?

[quote]The fact that you tried to come into the thread 'guns blazing' has me a bit suspicious, I hope you intend to continue this way and not simply try to avoid CB at the start which is what this feels a bit like to me.[/quote] I should have just RP'ed and left then, or made some non-committal middle of the road posts then?

[quote]Next game I'll try to start off by moving the plates of the earth..err..discworld? You seem to have expectations for the beginning of day 1 that are unrealistically, and foolishly, high.[/quote] I'll admit that you did leave the thread shortly after things started becoming serious, so if you start posting more thoughts now, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. ;)

I think I have the flow of the conversation here:
[quote name='Gytha Ogg' post='1405089' date='Jun 19 2008, 01.42']... with a CF, we should always lynch.[/quote]

[quote name='CMOT Dibbler' post='1405095' date='Jun 19 2008, 01.48']not with 2 killer groups. they are trying to eliminate each other as well as us so there is a chance that a guilty person will be killed and provide us with a clue from our Coroner Finder(s?).[/quote]I don't understand why not lynching tonight will increase the chances of the one set of FM night killing a FM from the other team...

[quote name='Gytha Ogg' post='1405137' date='Jun 19 2008, 02.23']what does the number of killing groups have to do with it? We should still lynch.[/quote]

[quote name='CMOT Dibbler' post='1405167' date='Jun 19 2008, 02.44']because there is still the odd chance we'll have a dead baddie tomorrow to accuse each other of defending.[/quote]Again, same thing.

Please explain again why we shouldn't lynch tonight and how that helps FM hit FM from the other team.

[quote name='Death of Rats' post='1405236' date='Jun 19 2008, 03.34']I think Dibbler conceded that we should lynch, he just didn't unvote.

And I'm back, if anyone else is around.[/quote]
I understand that DoR. However I'd still like to understand why he said what he said.

[quote name='Blind Io' post='1405233' date='Jun 18 2008, 21.31']Please explain again why we shouldn't lynch tonight and how that helps FM hit FM from the other team.[/quote]

it doesn't help them hit each other. the fact that they have a chance of hitting each other is a reason to not feel overly pressured into killing someone. we shouldn't lynch because it will give us an extra day at the end of the game, when we will need it more. it seems we we have decided not to go to night though so im gonna go ahead and vote [b]Librarian[/b]. hes got a whole mess of posts and the vast majority of them seem either fallacious or pointless.

I'd like to hear from Hogfather and Libby. I am refraining from voting either as of yet, because I'd like to try to understand their positions a little better before putting on a vote that could be construed as an OMGUS vote.

I am not particularily bothered by Dibbler's posts... just confused as hell by them.

I see you have your vote on Death. I am not bothered by his defensiveness (I find innocents are just as defensive as baddie.) What I don't like is why he felt the need to go to such extreme lengths to defend me.

[quote name='CMOT Dibbler' post='1405260' date='Jun 19 2008, 03.47']it doesn't help them hit each other. the fact that they have a chance of hitting each other is a reason to not feel overly pressured into killing someone. we shouldn't lynch because it will give us an extra day at the end of the game, when we will need it more. it seems we we have decided not to go to night though so im gonna go ahead and vote [b]Librarian[/b]. hes got a whole mess of posts and the vast majority of them seem either fallacious or pointless.[/quote]

I agree with you in theory, Dibs, but day one is a little early to play the odd/even game. Chances are we will have a heal or a guard or something between now and then. And you can't kill a baddie or reduce your suspect pool without lynching someone.

[quote]I WOULD NOT JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS ABOUT MY GUILT WHEN YOU DO NOT EXAMINE YOUR OWN LOGIC BEFORE POSTING IT.[/quote]

This is what I thought was a little too defensive for the joke phase (though several people have speculated that Libby was being serious, so I guess we'll go with that) and the caps were very annoying.

Just like you, I'm very bothered by the person who has voted me. Esme.

Archived