What are you reading?

Luzifer's right hand

The last book I read before starting my master's paper was John Irving's Until I Find You,

I have read all of his books and besides GRRM he is my favorite. Well that and a few others, Tolkien, Llewyllen, McMurtry, Lawhead... B) tjb

While waiting for AFFC, I have been going through old series that I remember enjoying; however, they are not as I imagined. The latest was Angus Well's Ashar? trilogy, but I only slogged through the first two. GRRM has ruined my enjoyment of most other authors. sigh.

I'm rereading The Briar King, after which comes The Charnel Prince (for the first time). Then I may go back to slogging through The Baroque Cycle again. Nearly a year, and I've barely started The Confusion.

For class, I'm reading: The Culture of the Babylonian Talmud and The One Best System.

I really liked the Briar King. Charnel Prince was better. Can't wait for the third book.

Persisting with a selective re-read of WOT. Mrs Stubby has AFFC at the moment so I will have another, more detailed, go at it thereafter.

I also have Flight of the Nighthawks to get on to and am otherwise saving for more purchases!

I Am Legend by R. Matheson, seems pretty good. I will follow it up with Matheson's Hell House. This guy has a lot of movies based on his work.

Now what about this Paolenni guy? Anyone heard of him? I guess he's the big thing right now, books about dragons...I bought the first one but won't get to it for awhile (Matheson, then Jordan, then Paolleni or however you spell it)

Fall of Hyperion by Dan Simmons. Would have read it a while ago, but previous trip to the store I got Endymion instead. /bonk self.

Since I won't buy hardcover, I get the fun of trying to get Feast from the library. As well as Knife of Dreams. And a bunch of other random books that the store never has.

I Am Legend by R. Matheson, seems pretty good. I will follow it up with Matheson's Hell House. This guy has a lot of movies based on his work.

Now what about this Paolenni guy? Anyone heard of him? I guess he's the big thing right now, books about dragons...I bought the first one but won't get to it for awhile (Matheson, then Jordan, then Paolleni or however you spell it)

I am Legend is an awesome book. I read it in a class I took last semester on vampire lit. (That class rocked, we got to watch the whole first season of Buffy in it!) I heard they are goign to make a new film version of I am Legend starring Will Smith, but they are completely changing it around. Oh well.

And as for Eragon/Eldest...Umm...I guess you made a nice investment in a particularly large paperweight? As far as I'm concerned, that's the worst fantasy book I've ever half-read-then-thrown-down-in-disust. But, maybe you'll like it! Then you can start a thread and we can engage in spirited debate. ;)

Speaking of bad fantasy, I am just about to finish the first book in Mercedes Lackey and James Mallory's Obsidian Trilogy. It's horrible, awful, and hilarious. My friend had me read it because she actually likes it, but I'm enjoying for completely different reasons. It has all of the elements that make bad fantasy so much fun to read, and to make fun of.

As of tomorrow, however, I"ll be completely concentrated on AffC! :)

Archived