DC BWB Meetup - Saturday, July 26th @ Nanny O'Briens

[quote name='Jaime L' post='1432002' date='Jul 8 2008, 14.30']Aeu? Holy shit. You're in DC? Somehow got the impression you were LA, what with the "in spite of" Laker fandom, the SoCal vibe and the little location box in your profile that says: Los Angeles. :P[/quote]

What location box? :leaving:

Unfortunately my love-hate relationship with the Lakers ended abruptly (and just as I was warming up to the bastards after all those years). As of this past May, it's all Wizards and the hillarious high jinks of Agent Zero for me.

[quote name='Jaime L' post='1430746' date='Jul 7 2008, 16.08'][b]Attending[/b]
Baby Mav

[b]Will be Receiving No Interns[/b]
Mya Stone
YW[/quote]

:rofl: That's awesomeness, Jaim. You'll take my son but deny us interns. Harshness.

[quote name='Jaime L' post='1431566' date='Jul 8 2008, 09.46']It did seem sweeter than the average YW post. :P

That's a shame, My. You and YW would've upped the awesomeness quotient to new possibly dangerous levels.[/quote]

Seriously. I'm about to demand you come up to RI to meet up with us and Balefont and her hubby for a weekend. I bet we could convince the Xes to come, too. Like how I'm totally offering Bale's area up for a meet? I'm good like that. :P

[quote name='aeu' post='1431937' date='Jul 8 2008, 12.54']I congragulate myself on my perfect timing. I take a peek at the BWB forum for the first time in, I dunno, months? years?, and what do you know, a DC meetup!

I will be coming for sure. Especially if the intern is coming as well.[/quote]

When did you move??? Did you stalk us from west to east? :P

It turns out my family wants to get together that week (in Canada), so I won't be able to make it. Next time. Let me know if ya'll are in Philly and want to meet up.

We know a place where no planes go
We know a place where no ships go
Hey!
No cars go
Hey!
No cars go
Where we know

We know a place where no spaceships go
We know a place where no subs go
Hey!
No cars go
Hey!
No cars go
Where we know
Hey!
Us kids know
Hey!
No cars go

Go!
No go!

Between the click of the light and the start of the dream
Between the click of the light and the start of the dream

Little babies?
Let's go!

Women and children?
Let's go!

Old folks?
Let's go!

Don't know where we're going

[quote name='Mya Stone' post='1432431' date='Jul 8 2008, 19.31']:rofl: That's awesomeness, Jaim. You'll take my son but deny us interns. Harshness.[/quote]

What's weird is he actually sametimed me that he was coming. Said something like: "don't worry about the 'rents" and then he used the smoking hat icon, which I though was passe, but I wasn't going to criticize because he is a baby and he is new to board etiquette.

[quote]Seriously. I'm about to demand you come up to RI to meet up with us and Balefont and her hubby for a weekend. I bet we could convince the Xes to come, too. Like how I'm totally offering Bale's area up for a meet? I'm good like that. :P[/quote]

I've actually never been further north than Connecticut. True story. All these Celtic and Red Sox and Patriot World Championships could be floating up to the land of wind and ghosts for all I know. It would be no less mystical.

[quote name='Bellis' post='1432500' date='Jul 8 2008, 20.20']It turns out my family wants to get together that week (in Canada), so I won't be able to make it. Next time. Let me know if ya'll are in Philly and want to meet up.[/quote]

Sounds good. Next time then Bellis.

[quote name='zakalwe7' post='1432519' date='Jul 8 2008, 20.35']Little babies?
Let's go!

Women and children?
Let's go!

Old folks?
Let's go![/quote]

Scotsmen?
Let's go!

Afraid I can't make it -- even if I could get over my hatred of DC, there is a high probability of a friend from out of town coming to visit this weekend. :( Another time. Preferably in a real city, like Baltimore. None if this "district" pussyfooting around.

Shit, I really want to go to this... but there's like a 50 % chance I'll be in Boston that weekend. I'll get back to you, mmkay?

[quote name='Inigima' post='1432619' date='Jul 8 2008, 21.57']Afraid I can't make it -- even if I could get over my hatred of DC, there is a high probability of a friend from out of town coming to visit this weekend. :( Another time. Preferably in a real city, like Baltimore. None if this "district" pussyfooting around.[/quote]

You know I like Baltimore, even if the most uplifting thing about the city is the collective works of Edgar Allen Poe. :P

[quote name='DVD ROTS' post='1432671' date='Jul 8 2008, 22.56']Shit, I really want to go to this... but there's like a 50 % chance I'll be in Boston that weekend. I'll get back to you, mmkay?[/quote]

Totally unrelated to this, Bluray, but we have set aside a one hour block of time where we discuss nothing but Buffalo Bills football and what we think the name DVD ROTS actually means.

[quote name='Mexal' post='1433476' date='Jul 9 2008, 13.05']I'd make Jaime look bad :([/quote]

Only if you came in with Alexis Bledel on your arm.

[quote name='WarGalley' post='1433562' date='Jul 9 2008, 13.47']I'm down, but not 100% sure if I can make it. I presume there is a lot of drinking and goofing around at these things, yes? Sounds like a recipe for success.[/quote]

If there weren't drinking, I'd only be sending a cardboard cutout of myself.

You should come, WG. Bring along some of those Clamato recipes you got.

[quote name='Jaime L' post='1433591' date='Jul 9 2008, 15.02']You should come, WG. Bring along some of those Clamato recipes you got.[/quote]

Yesssss, I like where this is going. A backup plan in case the bars and restaurants don't know what we're ordering. Brilliant. You think of everything.

This being my first BwB meet, I get a T-shirt right? I want it to say "I spent my first night with the Brotherhood without Banners and all I got was the Clamato."

If we charge, we'll be rich.

[quote name='WarGalley' post='1433635' date='Jul 9 2008, 15.34']This being my first BwB meet, I get a T-shirt right? I want it to say "I spent my first night with the Brotherhood without Banners and all I got was the Clamato."

If we charge, we'll be rich.[/quote]

You just landed your first sale.

[quote name='WarGalley' post='1433635' date='Jul 9 2008, 15.34']This being my first BwB meet, I get a T-shirt right? I want it to say "I spent my first night with the Brotherhood without Banners and all I got was the Clamato."[/quote]
:lol:

I actually may be able to make this. I'm headed back out to the East Coast next week. Not sure what the liberty is going to be looking like yet, I would probably be able only to make it for dinner (alas, another two months until I can legally add drinks to that equation), but I haven't yet met anyone from the board, and a year and a half, I'd rather like to.

So put me down for "quite possibly." :)

Archived