DC BWB Meetup - Saturday, July 26th @ Nanny O'Briens

[quote name='Jaxom 1974' post='1437067' date='Jul 11 2008, 18.09']Sadly, I'm out. Things to do. Different city. All of that. You can wonder about me though, if you'd like and how I'll be kicking your asses in FFB this year, Jaime and Mex. :P[/quote]

Different city? Pssh. Likely excuse.

Stop ducking us Jaxom. :P

[quote name='Fitz Chivalry's Lover' post='1439151' date='Jul 14 2008, 13.37']My sister is always worried that I will sully her board rep. :P[/quote]

Though my rep may be sullied, I'm afraid it has nothing to do with the board.

[quote name='Arbor Gold' post='1439920' date='Jul 14 2008, 21.36']I was supposed to be in Richmond, VA the week following your gathering, but it got rescheduled for late August. It would have been really cool to meet some of the East Coasters. :([/quote]

Aww, disappointing AG.

Couldn't you justify it to your company based on the intern you would be receiving? :P

[quote name='Jaime L' post='1439540' date='Jul 14 2008, 15.58']Different city? Pssh. Likely excuse.

Stop ducking us Jaxom. :P[/quote]

If and when we get a Chicago meet up going, I'll expect you there then, Jaime...

Well, got invited to Annapolis for the weekend of the 26th, which I plan to do. Just will cut it short to make it back for the meetup. Also, have found, historically, whenever I've spent all day out on the bay, exposed to the sun and starfish, and then come back to DC for a night at the bars, I've been kinda a wreck. Like Caliban on absinthe.

Just fair warning.

[quote name='Jaxom 1974' post='1446009' date='Jul 18 2008, 12.35']If and when we get a Chicago meet up going, I'll expect you there then, Jaime...[/quote]

Confirm or deny whether a Chicago Meetup would be like a night with the Superfans.

[quote name='Jaime L' post='1446213' date='Jul 18 2008, 14.42']Also, have found, historically, whenever I've spent all day out on the bay, exposed to the sun and starfish, and then come back to DC for a night at the bars, I've been kinda a wreck.[b] Like Caliban on absinthe. [/b][/quote]
This just keeps getting better and better. :)

NOT FAIR! NOT FAIR! NOT FAIR!

The one completely insane weekend of my summer and you guys/gals pick it!

I guess that's no interns for me either. My entire weekend will be spent dishing out food and plenty of non-alcoholic drinks to a bunch of teenagers showing off their performance skills in the moonbounce. The 29th is the babygirls birthday. The weekend will be one constant celebration. Lord save me.

Enjoy your evening and have a clamato or two for me.

[quote name='My Lady Ashalind' post='1446335' date='Jul 18 2008, 16.25']NOT FAIR! NOT FAIR! NOT FAIR!

The one completely insane weekend of my summer and you guys/gals pick it!

I guess that's no interns for me either. My entire weekend will be spent dishing out food and plenty of non-alcoholic drinks to a bunch of teenagers showing off their performance skills in the moonbounce. The 29th is the babygirls birthday. The weekend will be one constant celebration. Lord save me.

Enjoy your evening and have a clamato or two for me.[/quote]

Aww, that's a shame MLA. Think you would've been a tremendous moral compass for us. Was kinda counting on you to be the one to make good decisions for the group. Guess now that responsibility slips to Baby Mav.

Lot of responsibility for the little guy.

[quote name='Mexal' post='1446275' date='Jul 18 2008, 15.28']Seriously. This is going to get ridiculous.[/quote]

Well, I don't know about you guys, but I was planning on getting pretty hammered anyway. At least as long as I was not going to be the only person doing so. Only thing worse than being the only sober guy in the room is being the only drunk guy in the room.

Also Jamie, if you get a chance check out Pusser's in Annapolis. It's right on the bay, its a good spot.

[quote name='C. John' post='1446611' date='Jul 18 2008, 21.32']Well, I don't know about you guys, but I was planning on getting pretty hammered anyway. At least as long as I was not going to be the only person doing so. Only thing worse than being the only sober guy in the room is being the only drunk guy in the room.[/quote]

I just wouldn't feel like a proper Internet acquantaince if I let you get smashed by yourself. No one should have to go down that road alone.

I will try and be civil and get to know all of you at the beginning but you'll probably have to do it all over again the next day. :P

[quote name='WarGalley' post='1446629' date='Jul 18 2008, 22.01']I just wouldn't feel like a proper Internet acquantaince if I let you get smashed by yourself. No one should have to go down that road alone.[/quote]

Thats the spirit! With caring neighbors such as these, who wouldnt want to come visit the DC area?

[quote name='Jaime L' post='1446213' date='Jul 18 2008, 13.42']Confirm or deny whether a Chicago Meetup would be like a night with the Superfans.[/quote]

Well, we'd need you there to play the Mike Meyers' character...and then it'll be a go. ;)

[quote name='ambyr' post='1449076' date='Jul 21 2008, 11.29']Might make it for dinner. . .had plans with a friend, but perhaps I can drag him along.[/quote]

Mention the Clamato. He'll be hooked.

Actually don't. Tried some last weekend for the first time ever. Was okay at first. Then gradually tasted like V-8 mixed with a hint of je ne sais quoi.* Then I mixed in some vodka and maybe I didn't mix it well enough or what, but the thing didn't blend. Got the, by now, nastiness of the clamato being washed down by the cool refreshing, not burning at all, aftertaste of the vodka. So yeah, got a few reservations about the devil's juice.

*Lighter fluid.

[quote name='Jaime L' post='1449513' date='Jul 21 2008, 16.04']Mention the Clamato. He'll be hooked.[/quote]

I think you might be taking the wrong approach. Instead of pushing the Clamato angle try the [url="http://www.bluecrabbay.com/images/035_SRdressed.jpg"]Sting Ray Bloody Mary[/url] angle. Seems to be essentially the same thing, only easier to trick people into drinking.

In fact, that, in a glass rimmed with Old Bay, sounds like it might actually be drinkable.

[quote name='Angie' post='1449531' date='Jul 21 2008, 16.18']I think you might be taking the wrong approach. Instead of pushing the Clamato angle try the [url="http://www.bluecrabbay.com/images/035_SRdressed.jpg"]Sting Ray Bloody Mary[/url] angle. Seems to be essentially the same thing, only easier to trick people into drinking.

In fact, that, in a glass rimmed with Old Bay, sounds like it might actually be drinkable.[/quote]

I see....now.

I like the name and sounds like it [i]could[/i] be good, but I've been burned by clam juice before.

[quote name='Jaime L' post='1449538' date='Jul 21 2008, 16.20']I like the name and sounds like it [i]could[/i] be good, but I've been burned by clam juice before.[/quote]

Yeah, I'm thinking that's what puts the "sting" in stingray.

ETA: Now I'm sort of wondering if this was what we used to use for our "crab cake sandwich" shots when we used to go camping.

Archived