Attendee list Denver 2008

[quote name='Kat' post='1437147' date='Jul 11 2008, 18.41']Lacy, I'm planning to take the [url="http://www.rtd-denver.com/skyRide/"]airport bus to downtown[/url] unless someone is arriving at a similar time to me and wants to share a shuttle.[/quote]

Thanks Kat. That's some good info. I hadn't found that site yet. :thumbsup:

[quote name='LacyinTX' post='1436688' date='Jul 11 2008, 14.05']What's everyone doing for transportation from the airport into town? I would be happy to pay gas money if anyone has room in a car, or we could look into hiring a van. I will be arriving noon-ish on Wed.[/quote]
I may be able to do this. I'm flying in Tuesday morning, and will have a car.

[quote name='Kat' post='1437147' date='Jul 12 2008, 00.41']Lacy, I'm planning to take the [url="http://www.rtd-denver.com/skyRide/"]airport bus to downtown[/url] unless someone is arriving at a similar time to me and wants to share a shuttle.[/quote]I have some sort of airport shuttle thingy booked as well. I'm getting in around 6pm on Wednesday - I'll be in berserker mode after 12 hours of flying so I'm probably best avoided at that point anyhow. :)

i will be there. having not really been active for the last year is there any place i can get a quick update on important information like gatherings of the BwB without reading the entirety of the large thread. thanks

ETA: ok, so i read the long thread anyways, discovered an old post i had there. i have followed the advice of that post, i have con membership, a bed and a pair of plane tickets. so once i get to denver how do i find y'all. last summer i went to trinoc con and it took me a day to find the BwB, and that was a much smaller con.

thanks again.

We are in Denver from the Sunday prior to the con. As far as I can see from the threads, no-one else is going to be in that early. Having said that, if you are going to be an early arrival and want to meet up with laoise & I before the main events kick off - shoot me a PM to sort something out.

We will not have transport but will fit in with other arrangements if necessary.

Also, we are still willing to do a bit of groundwork necessary for the functions etc so anyone in a position of authority that wants some assistance in that regard please let me know.

Cheers,

Stubs.

Actually, it would be kind of nice if we could annotate the attendee list with what hotel people are staying at, or have a second list with that info. I'll see if I have time to make one when I'm bored at work tomorrow, unless Iceman wants to do it. ;)

ETA: The official Denvention party hotel is the Sheraton (formerly Adams Mark) and I assume that's where the BWB suite is too, but I also don't know if anyone is actually staying there.

[quote name='tycho' post='1442124' date='Jul 16 2008, 04.47']i will be there. having not really been active for the last year is there any place i can get a quick update on important information like gatherings of the BwB without reading the entirety of the large thread. thanks

ETA: ok, so i read the long thread anyways, discovered an old post i had there. i have followed the advice of that post, i have con membership, a bed and a pair of plane tickets. so once i get to denver how do i find y'all. last summer i went to trinoc con and it took me a day to find the BwB, and that was a much smaller con.

thanks again.[/quote]

Look for a bunch of relatively normal looking folk and the chances are it's us. Really.
Also, you could go on the BWB website and look at a few pics and I'm sure you will find a few Denvention attendees there.
If all else fails, I'm 6'5, bald as a coot and built like a rather chubby tank, so look for me. :)

[quote name='Mandy' post='1451819' date='Jul 23 2008, 05.23']What kind d sucks is that there are so many hotels people are booked in and I'm not even sure what hotel is the party hotel.

La was awesome in that there was generally one hotel and the party rooms opened onto this great big deck. Anybody know which a the party one and what its like?[/quote]Mandy, are you still looking for somewhere to kip? I've got a room at the Sheraton and I find myself in need of a roommate.

[quote name='Ser Sean' post='1451965' date='Jul 23 2008, 07.35']Look for a bunch of relatively normal looking folk and the chances are it's us. Really.
Also, you could go on the BWB website and look at a few pics and I'm sure you will find a few Denvention attendees there.
If all else fails, I'm 6'5, bald as a coot and built like a rather chubby tank, so look for me. :)[/quote]

[url="http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e43/ricey118/MeandNate.jpg"]Sean Visual Reference #032[/url]

(Sean is the one who wasn't in [b]Firefly[/b])

Speaking just about my experiences with the BwB:

* Get drunk. Yes. Not everyone, and certainly "sobers" are welcome, but intoxication is pretty common. :P
* Have weird sex. Depends on what you're into, if anything at all. Some have no sex, others have non-weird sex, and still others have weird sex. (I'm guessing here. I haven't watched to be sure.)
* In funny costumes. Not so much that I've noticed. There's a reason that people claim to have found the BwB at cons by looking for "the normal-looking folks." (Obviously, what's normal and what's desirable aren't always the same thing, so I don't want anybody thinking that I look down on the cosplayers or otherkin or even the jeans-and-geek-tshirt folks.)

A friend of the Bros has just decided to not attend Denver, and has a smoking room at the Hyatt he'd prefer to transfer to a Bro, so if there's someone out there who would like the room, post here.

Due to circumstances way beyond our control the wife and I will be unable to attend. It pretty much came down to a choice between going to WorldCon or having indoor plumbing, and we like our showers and toilets and stuff too much.

After meeting the smaller group of Brothers last year at WFC I was really looking forward to this too. :(

Archived