I have a crush on Gregor Clegane

RustPromoter

After joining this site I saw how many fans actually like Sandor and Gregor xD I've never liked them myself, and I don't really understand how people can actually like them. Sure, I feel some pity for the Hound, but Gregor is a beast. :box:

the actor who played Gregor had an incredible body. But yeah Gregor was a beast and went to the bottom of the seven hells.

Sandor is awesome.

the actor who played Gregor had an incredible body. But yeah Gregor was a beast and went to the bottom of the seven hells.

Sandor is awesome.

Yeah but he was waxed and all...gross. I suspect 'roids as well. But no matter.

Has anyone ever noticed that many of Gregor's most awful deeds happen off-screen and are repeated second hand? What do you make of this? (Besides, of course, the obvious fact that he's been framed for all of these crimes!)

Yeah but he was waxed and all...gross. I suspect 'roids as well. But no matter.

Has anyone ever noticed that many of Gregor's most awful deeds happen off-screen and are repeated second hand? What do you make of this? (Besides, of course, the obvious fact that he's been framed for all of these crimes!)

Hmm, it definitely increases the shock and awe factor, and helps to make Gregor even more frightening - we know he's a beast, but never actually seeing it has turned the man into a monstrous legend, and it's kinda funny too.

Hmm, it definitely increases the shock and awe factor, and helps to make Gregor even more frightening - we know he's a beast, but never actually seeing it has turned the man into a monstrous legend, and it's kinda funny too.

this is interesting... so displacing the horrible events makes them that much more scary in the retelling of them? I like that.

Gregor is disgusting. Nothing "awe" about him to me.

I don't understand calling him a "teddy bear" for murdering children and raping their mother. That is f**king crazy to me. Would you call him that if he did that to your family members in real life?

He killed animals, allegedly killed wives, parents and servants, had tortured his brother, did some more raping. I.Just.Do.Not.Get.Why.He.Would.Deserve.Love.For.THAT.

It sort of reminds me of other fandoms. As a geek myself, I remember when a certain selected group of fans would say things like "I wish Pyramid Head would rape me! <3 He is so hot!" UM. WHY?

There is something basicly fustrating about the whole thing. Perhaps it is just me...

I know it is just all fictional stuff, but to still say things like that is a bit boggling. One can be fascinated, shocked, interested, appreciate a well written plot...but to actually love and call them sweet things...it's just...arrgh...

I just find Gregor existed for that general shock value and for overall realism pertaining to certain events.

-Sorry for my vent, LOL-

Sandor is awesome.

Yeah, but there were actors way hotter than him in the series(for me, that guy Kit smt who played Jon Snow was adorable, tho he's set off my gaydar xD), but "De gustibus et coloribus non disputandum est".

The Mountain is the typical comic book villain. Please correct me if I have missed something that qualifies him as a complex and/or unique character in literature, but I just don't see it. While Sandor possesses some redeeming qualities that make him seem realistic, Gregor is strictly one-dimensional. Martin didn't try so hard with that one.

I think that's part of his... allure. Everyone else is somewhat grey, everyone else has some redeeming qualities, or at least excuses or goals that explain their behavior, but Gregor is a black hole. He's like a natural disaster in a human body. He's pure evil for the sake of it, and in a world where most characters are more or less realistic, that makes an impact on the reader. The guy is almost surreal. My two cents, at least :dunno:

I'm actually quite fond of the Mountain. I will miss his reign of terror.

• 4 months later...

While I like a good villain, Gregor is without redeeming social value. Maybe he's there to give someone like Ramsay a "not as bad as" comparo. Maybe just to embody the dark side of humanity. Maybe it's a payback cameo for someone named Greg that Martin hates.

Could anyone defeat him face-to-face? Not using similar styles, for sure. Even if he's not quick he's tremendously strong and carries heavy armor, as noted. Oberyn could have done it safely if he'd used a quicker poison but wouldn't have gotten the confession he wanted. Maybe an Other would be the best bet.

I'd feed him some Strangler and Tears of Lys. Double doses.

I had a much easier time singularly despising Gregor until we found about his headaches/migraines that were so awful and frequent that he was downing opiates like they were ale. That made me start to wonder if Gregor had/has. Some sort of brain tumor or similar malady that has robbed him of anything resembling sanity or a functional inhibition center in his brain.

This http://brainmind.com/Case5.html is an interesting explanation of how exacerbated electrical stimulation of the amygdala can produce behavior that sounds an awful lot like Gregor's, with a case in point being Charles Whitman, the gunman who shot and killed over a dozen people from the University of Texas Tower.

It is really academic as it is highly unlikely anyone is/was ever going to perform an autopsy on Gregor, or that anyone in Westeros would have a clue how to distinguish one piece of grey matter from another (or care). But the mention made of the headaches was a very interesting one to me. If that issue had not been brought up, Gregor would definitely have remained an example of pure evil in the books, an extremely rare character (in GRRM's world) who is no shade of gray but is purely black.

This seems somewhat out of place, given that almost EVERY other character has either redeeming qualities, or explanations behind what they have done. Up until the headache reveal, Gregor seemed like one of the exceptions to the rule, but what if bringing in the headaches was GRRM's way of reminding us that in HIS world, there is no such thing as a straight up black or white person? That even a monster like Gregor (whom most people here and in Westeros seem to agree is a madman) could actually not have been (legally or morally or at least cognizantly) responsible for his actions all along? If he had such a malady, he would at least have a shot at an insanity defense in the real world.

In the world of Westeros, this does not change the fact that he needs to be put down like the mad dog he is, if he is still alive in any fashion. I just find it interesting that the author may very well refuse to give us a single villain to despise with impunity. It will not surprise me a bit if we start to discover things about Ramsay at some point, which somehow help explain or mitigate the pure and irredeemable monster he has been so far as well.

In the world of Westeros, this does not change the fact that he needs to be put down like the mad dog he is, if he is still alive in any fashion. I just find it interesting that the author may very well refuse to give us a single villain to despise with impunity. It will not surprise me a bit if we start to discover things about Ramsay at some point, which somehow help explain or mitigate the pure and irredeemable monster he has been so far as well.

apparently Martin doesn't have to give an excuse for Gregor's actions to make him likable....

but even if that's the case, then again I find it unnecessary. After the fandom invented the "in the context of westeros" sentence, everyone and everything can be justified :dunno:

I believe this holds for Ramsay as well.

Archived