AGOT Mafia 55

House Targaryen

well we got a naked goddess, so that's enough for me. My comments:

I see four ways of doing this:

There are two decisions made daily for a lynch. A king is chosen, and a victim is chosen. For both of these choices, we can either employ a dictatorship or a democracy. Of course, we can never ensure that the kingmaker or king will agree with us, but we could at least make the wishes of the majority known.

1. We vote on who should be king tomorrow, and vote on who should be lynched today

2. We vote on who should be king tomorrow, but let the king kill whoever he/she wants

3. We let the kingmaker decide, but vote on who should be lynched today

4. We let the kingmaker decide, and let the king kill whoever he/she wants

I think that is scaled from putting the most power in the majority's hands to the least. These are merely my comments. We can't ensure that the king or kingmaker will follow the majority, but if they have any sense of democracy, they might. Thoughts?

[quote name='Idomeneus' post='1448079' date='Jul 20 2008, 20.54']well we got a naked goddess, so that's enough for me. My comments:

I see four ways of doing this:

There are two decisions made daily for a lynch. A king is chosen, and a victim is chosen. For both of these choices, we can either employ a dictatorship or a democracy. Of course, we can never ensure that the kingmaker or king will agree with us, but we could at least make the wishes of the majority known.

1. We vote on who should be king tomorrow, and vote on who should be lynched today

2. We vote on who should be king tomorrow, but let the king kill whoever he/she wants

3. We let the kingmaker decide, but vote on who should be lynched today

4. We let the kingmaker decide, and let the king kill whoever he/she wants

I think that is scaled from putting the most power in the majority's hands to the least. These are merely my comments. We can't ensure that the king or kingmaker will follow the majority, but if they have any sense of democracy, they might. Thoughts?[/quote]

The king is bullet proof, why would we want the killers to know who is picked?

[quote name='Patroclus' post='1448092' date='Jul 21 2008, 03.08']The king is bullet proof, why would we want the killers to know who is picked?[/quote]
well there's no assurance that the kingmaker will choose that person. I'm just throwing things out there. I personally am a fan of letting both king and kingmaker do whatever the hell they want, but expressing our opinions so they know where we stand.

Pat- now would you also want to avoid statements like, "I think XXXXXX should be king tomorrow"? Because that leaves everything open but does single out someone.

As far as who the king has killed, we certainly should make our wishes known. We need to make cases to make sure the king has all the info he needs to make a decision. But ultimately it rests in the king's hands. Some kings may prefer to go with the majority, while others may follow their own wishes. That is why I asked King Diomedes how he planned to make his decision tonight.

As for the kingmaker... I don't think we should make our wishes known there. Since the Crown Prince, as it were, is bullet proof, letting the FM know who the next king might be is a bad move. They will definitely avoid that person and target someone else. If the FM don't know who the next king is, then there is a chance that person will be targeted saving us a nightkill.

eta: I see Pat is quicker on the [s]keyboard[/s] papyrus than I.

[quote name='Idomeneus' post='1448098' date='Jul 20 2008, 21.12']well there's no assurance that the kingmaker will choose that person. I'm just throwing things out there. I personally am a fan of letting both king and kingmaker do whatever the hell they want, but expressing our opinions so they know where we stand.

Pat- now would you also want to avoid statements like, "I think XXXXXX should be king tomorrow"? Because that leaves everything open but does single out someone.[/quote]

I think we should avoid an obvious majority decision that would help the FMs decide who to kill, other than that, I don't care.

As for who the king should kill, of course we should help him with that.

[quote name='Odysseus' post='1448001' date='Jul 20 2008, 16.44']Not mad, no. But we all know the first person who starts being serious in a mafia game is always a FM who has lost his cool. It's kind of like a game of chicken. It's because FM are so frantic to "cooperate" and being perceived as helpful they just can't bear the pressure.

Enough old English, please. We're frakkin greeks, not Ivanhoe.

I would humbly suggest we enact some kind of voting system and try to get lynch results every day. The king could obviously follow our democratic will or just kill whomever he pleases, but the complete absence of voting, lynch mobs and the such will make it harder to catch the FM, so I think it would be a good idea regardless.

Oh no! I just made a serious comment! :leaving:[/quote]

Thank you Odysseus. I agree with all of the above. Although if people keep using Olde Englyshe, I'm going to ignore the vote and execute whomever I find most annoying.

P.S. Although I reserve the right to be a tyrant anyway, because being King on day 1 is sort of fulfilling my secret fantasy to be a ninja. :ninja: But really, I would prefer to be a benevolent dictator and abide by the will of the masses, as long as the masses are not asses.

Here's some advice for the Kingmaker, whoever they are. Lesson from the last Kingmaker game: If there are two people having a fight over who is a finder (or something), or some other counterclaim battle, and it's potentially the last day, do not pick one of the counterclaimants as King, no matter how believable they are. Down that road leads a higher chance of an innocent loss.

Edit: If you would like to vote (edit: FOR A LYNCH), I need it to be visible. Please vote like this:

:thumbsdown: [u]Vote: Xena[/u]

[quote name='Philoctetes' post='1448158' date='Jul 21 2008, 04.01']:thumbsdown: [u]Vote: Achilleus[/u] for the symp clue thrown by Mene.

It's not much, but I don't see anything better. It is day 1 after all.

eta: I don't see anything better YET.[/quote]
What symp clue? I'm confused. Thumbsdown and underline means a vote for king, right?

I vote for full democracy (joke intended).

[quote name='Ajax the Great' post='1448251' date='Jul 20 2008, 23.32']What symp clue? I'm confused. Thumbsdown and underline means a vote for king, right?

I vote for full democracy (joke intended).[/quote]

He said something about giving Achilles armor on page one.

[quote name='Idomeneus' post='1448244' date='Jul 21 2008, 05.28']A cleverer thing would be to not have mentioned that.[/quote]
Yes, but the kingmaker will secretly elect the one with the MOST votes, thus fooling the FMs. :thumbsup:
[quote name='Patroclus']I think it would be more clever to pick the person with the least votes... right everyone? *wink*[/quote]
Are you saying you will get the least votes? [i]I[/i] would be the one with the least votes. Probably. To prevent that from happening, I will do this: :thumbsdown: [u]Ajax the Great[/u] I want you to get elected by having the least votes. Yeah, because that will totally happen.

[quote name='Idomeneus' post='1448277' date='Jul 21 2008, 05.52']Ajax- You ever eat paint-chips as a kid?

You've voted for the king to kill you. Thumbsdown and underline is a vote to kill. As far as I'm aware, nobody is voting for tomorrow's king.[/quote]
I was not aware that paint-chips had been invented yet.

Oh. :thumbsup: [u]Remove vote[/u]

Archived