AGOT Mafia 55

House Targaryen

[quote name='Neoptolemus' post='1449677' date='Jul 21 2008, 17.22']Patroclus, stop quoting strange shit, it's making my head swim.[/quote]

In my defense it *was* before I said I'd start being productive. And since when is the #1 movie on imdb and in the box office "strange shit"?

Sorry, overreacting again... about comic book characters.

[quote name='Agamemnon' post='1449603' date='Jul 21 2008, 22.51']I called Phil bloodthirsty because he was continually trying to make a case against Menelaus and to an extent Achilleus due to a line of roleplay. Then, it appeared as soon as someone mentioned you killing Teucer for inactivity, he jumped right on that with a post detailing why.

I was all for you killing Teucer, because as people have stated, if he is mod-killed and innocent and you then kill an innocent, we'll have taken a terrible blow. Add to that the likely death of another innocent tonight (if the FM don't target the new King) and the innocents will immediately be down to 6 vs. 3 or 7 vs. 2, whichever numbers the FM have. It will put us on a very tight rope to walk if the innocents want to win the game.

I don't believe it was hypocritical at all as much as trying to perform damage control.[/quote]
It's better to not lynch him. If he dies by modkill, we still get a kill. That leaves options open. If we kill him, he dies all the same and we have no more options.

Forgive me if this has been resolved already, I'm not done reading all the posts yet.

[quote name='Ajax the Great' post='1449690' date='Jul 21 2008, 17.29']It's better to not lynch him. If he dies by modkill, we still get a kill. That leaves options open. If we kill him, he dies all the same and we have no more options.

Forgive me if this has been resolved already, I'm not done reading all the posts yet.[/quote]

Well, the argument was that we'd likely kill two innocents instead of one.

[quote name='Idomeneus' post='1449676' date='Jul 21 2008, 23.21']Idomeneus- Other than his obsession with dice, contributes and enhances discussion. The dice though, seem a bit odd, as they are more likely to take out an innocent than killer, and also inhibit discussion. If we did hit a killer by some strange luck, we would have no discussion to look for his partners in. Illogical, might be a killer trying to eliminate discussion and ties with teammates.

My ranking:

1. Ajax the Lesser
2. Ajax the Greater
3. Patroclus
4. Idomeneus
5. Achilleus

I should be here until the end of the day, so anyone wanting input / answers / questions / sexual favors from me just needs to ask.[/quote]
1. Why are you reviewing yourself?
2. "[the dice]are more likely to take out an innocent than killer" See my maths in a previous post.
3. Why is a person ranked below yourself?

[quote name='Patroclus' post='1449694' date='Jul 21 2008, 23.33']Well, the argument was that we'd likely kill two innocents instead of one.[/quote]
That is possible. But one is dead, no matter what happens. He did not post at all. It's as if he didn't exist. From that point of view, we are only killing one innocent, if we do in fact kill an innocent, which is not guaranteed. Just imagine it like there are only 11 people in this game. The FM/innocent balance would probably be the same.

If we were starting with 11 people, would you want to refrain from lynching? If so, not lynching would be the smart thing to do. But if you would want to lynch someone, why not do it here? What I'm saying is, it's not a very good argument.

[quote name='Ajax the Great' post='1449697' date='Jul 21 2008, 14.34']1. Why are you reviewing yourself?
2. "[the dice]are more likely to take out an innocent than killer" See my maths in a previous post.
3. Why is a person ranked below yourself?[/quote]

Call him up on 2 and 3 if you want, but not 1. That's bloody inspired is that.

Doesn't mean that he ain't guilty, ov course, but it's amusing.

[quote name='Neoptolemus' post='1449711' date='Jul 21 2008, 17.42']Call him up on 2 and 3 if you want, but not 1. That's bloody inspired is that.

Doesn't mean that he ain't guilty, ov course, but it's amusing.[/quote]

Well, unless he didn't read his PM or it said he was evil, he shouldn't consider himself more guilty than anyone else.

edit: pronoun

[quote name='Neoptolemus' post='1449677' date='Jul 21 2008, 17.22']I don't like Agamemnon's idea earlier on of killing the least inactive player - ie the highest poster. Just because high posters were guilty before, doesn't mean guilties don't learn.[/quote]

My mistake, I meant [i]least active[/i]. I was in no way saying we should kill the player with the most posts just because of that factor. I should have seen that and fixed it. :dunce:

[quote name='Patroclus' post='1449719' date='Jul 21 2008, 14.44']Well, unless he didn't read his PM or it said he was evil, he shouldn't consider himself more guilty than anyone else.[/quote]

I didn't say number 3 was not a plausible point of contention, only number 1.

That being said, if you were innocent and felt someone else was not only innocent, but had behaved in more saintly manner than yourself, you could honestly rank yourself lower than the top of the innocence scale.

One shouldn't, as a matter of course, do this on day 1, however, so in that, I agree. Not that I ever said I disagreed. As you'll agree.

[quote name='Ajax the Great' post='1449697' date='Jul 21 2008, 17.34']1. Why are you reviewing yourself?
3. Why is a person ranked below yourself?[/quote]
1. Because I'm sick of the whole, "well I know I'm innocent, so I won't bother" shit. He wanted my opinion, so I gave it to him. If I were examining myself from the 3rd person, that is how I would analyze myself. Note I used the 3rd person the whole time, never saying "me" or "I". It's how I would view myself.

2. I see the value of using chance. I believe it to be better for the innocents, but that's a true statement. There are more innocents than killers, and as such, blind chance has a higher probability of hitting the majority. It's a better option IMO, but it does have a high chance of hitting the majority. I don't understand why that is an erroneous statement.

3. Same as number 1. I tried to be impartial and neutral. I honestly believe that if I were viewing from the 3rd person, I would find myself more suspect than Achilles. Yes, I do know that I'm innocent, but that does nothing for the rest of you. Diomedes wants unbiased, fair responses, so I tried to be as unbiased as possible.

[quote name='Agamemnon' post='1449730' date='Jul 21 2008, 14.51']My mistake, I meant [i]least active[/i]. I was in no way saying we should kill the player with the most posts just because of that factor. I should have seen that and fixed it. :dunce:[/quote]

Hmm. OK, Aggy, I'll let you off the hook with that one. I did wonder, as you said more things re: least active. But if it's on the screen, you're on the hook, as I'm sure you'll agree.

And doth Idomeneus protest too much?

[quote name='Neoptolemus' post='1449741' date='Jul 21 2008, 17.59']And doth Idomeneus protest too much?[/quote]
:lol: yes, he doth

Well when 1 person mentions it, and then several other people immediately agree, all within seconds of it being posted, it made me want to clarify. Seemed like it was going to escalate if I didn't clarify all my intentions. :)

* appears right behind Teucer *

* glares at everyone *

* glares at Teucer *

* strokes Teucer's head *

* breaks Teucer's neck with a quick move of his right hand *

* looks very very grim at you *

[size=4][font="Impact"]Let this be a warning to you! Hades is not going to be fooled. He will find your soul, and he will lead it to the dephts of his world, if you don't obey the will of the gods.[/font][/size]

Teucer (TheMalcolm) is dead.

SPOILER: And he was.....
A loyal, but sleepy Greek

[quote name='Patroclus' post='1449779' date='Jul 21 2008, 15.26']Regardless, now we get to watch one more innocent die today.[/quote]

Thanks for your faith in my judgement, Pat. By the way, maybe if you whinged about less, you'd have time to give me your opinion on the names I brought up earlier, since I notice you have not given me any feedback on anyone aside from Agamemnon. :rolleyes:

Archived