George in Spain

Ran

[quote name='Ashara Dayne' post='1451417' date='Jul 22 2008, 18.46']So basically; it's almost clear that Melissandre will be the new POV in DwD, as it's been said that it wouldn't be The Hound and there'll be no Tyrells as POV in Dance.
And then, Martin wants to have a little choice (or at least leave an opinion) on our covers and Corominas offered to draw whatever Martin asked and he said it would be cool to see Dany riding a dragon?

Cooooool.[/quote]

It might not be Melissandre. After all, Mr. martin has said the Hound is dead but we might get a POV called Gravedigger much like we get Alayne now instead of Sansa. ;)

If George does such trick I will feel trully disappointed, he has said also that Sandor won't be the new PoV, I think that means two options: A) the new PoV may be the gravedigger and he has only one chapter (anyone wants more than one chapter about a man broken working on some monastery? :P) or B) there won't be no chapter aobut Sandor, the Hound or the gravedigger. To me, George seems to have written more than one chapter about this new PoV, I don't see the point of writing another one-shot PoV when he has too many PoVs already.

Martin said yesterday something about writing an Areo Hotah chapter, beheadings and the spies of Cersei in Dorne.

[quote name='Ran' post='1452037' date='Jul 23 2008, 09.56']You can also try using [url="http://babelfish.yahoo.com"]Babelfish[/url] or [url="http://translate.google.com/"]Google Translate[/url] to help with translating, Gabriele. :)[/quote]

I'm not sure. ;) The manual to my DVD player looks like it's been babelfished from Japanese to Ancient Sumerian, then to Pidgin English and finally to Germany. No make sense any. :D

Seriously, I'll try for myself first, and if I still can't make head and tail of the paragraph in question I can always babelfish it or ask people here. It's not the first language I learn by just starting to read it. I've ordered [i]Alatriste[/i] after I'd been told the Spanish isn't too complicated, and maybe I'll (re)read ASOIAF in that language as well.

[quote name='Krafus' post='1452226' date='Jul 23 2008, 14.58']Seeing more of Margaery and Loras might just mean that they'll appear in a few more chapters before they die.[/quote]
Not if he indeed said they would appear in future book[b]s[/b]. If either or both die in the next one, it would be in only one book.

Didn't GRRM say that it was [b]Sandor[/b] who wasn't a POV. I suppose we could have a 'gravedigger' chapter instead, but it feels like splitting hairs, especially when we take into consideration that Sandor's current location seems to be outside the geographical focus of ADWD (mind you, we did think that about Sansa as well, so who knows?) in the North and East.

[quote name='Ran' post='1454031' date='Jul 24 2008, 08.31']Yes, I'm pretty sure George has said the Hound won't be a POV. It looks like it's Melisandre, which I always thought was the likeliest anyways.[/quote]

Ah, not good. The only way I'd like to see a Melisandre POV would be in a prologue :devil:

• 6 months later...
[quote name='Warden of the North' post='1452675' date='Jul 23 2008, 16.52']Martin said yesterday something about [b]writing an Areo Hotah chapter[/b], beheadings and the spies of Cersei in Dorne.[/quote]

[i]Definitely[/i] not on the ball much these days: how did I miss this? I don't see why Areo would be in ADWD, so maybe this was a reference to writing AFFC? Or maybe a chapter that he planned but later cut?

Very interesting.

Bemusing.

So maybe this was the 'missing' Dorne POV chapter from AFFC, not the Quentyn ones after all? Maybe Quentyn was always intended to be a full-time POV and Areo's chapter was the one that got moved over?

[quote]So maybe this was the 'missing' Dorne POV chapter from AFFC, not the Quentyn ones after all?[/quote]

This Areo chapter could be the old missing Dorne chapter. We'll have to ask GRRM once he's done ADWD.

Whatever the case, this Areo chapter seems to be a part of the ADWD endgame following along the lines of the ADWD Sansa chapter. It tells me that GRRM has caught up the ADWD POVs to the AFFC POVs, and is in the writing process for the conclusion of ADWD.

I thought I was going crazy that Areo was listed as a ADWD pov character in my notes, but nowhere else on the web.

ADWD is definitely getting bigger and bigger.

[quote name='Jughead of the Round' post='1691765' date='Feb 19 2009, 16.21']ADWD is definitely getting bigger and bigger.[/quote]

He can always split it in half again and publish all of the story for half the characters, thereby creating Zeno's Paradox: the Novel.

I should apologize because my post wasn't too clear :rolleyes: He didn't say specifictly it was an Areo chapter, he said it was about Areo beheading someone. We speculated about whose chapter would be, and I messed things :thumbsdown: Anyway, it seems we will have a Dorne chapter in Dance (or he's writing chapters from the following book :stunned: ).

Sorry for being unclear :(

My present guess is that it's a flashback from a Quentyn scene. Maybe one of the man accompanying him from Yronwood was a spy that Doran had ferreted out, and Areo Hotah gave him a sharp welcome? We shall see.

Archived