Question for UK Boarders

Stubby

Ok here is the plan as it stands:

May 2006

1-8 London and South West UK

9-16 Ireland

16-24 (To & from Wedding in Campbelltown, Scotland)

25-31 Glasgow, St Andrews & then back down to London via York

How would this suit for a meet of some description, even if its just to have a big drink at a pub?

Stubby

St Andrews tour sounds cool Mormont. :D

Mrs Stubby is from the UK and has been back recently so we are pretty much right on what we want to do and see etc.

In the Southwest we will hit Tintagel, Salisbury Plains and Warwick, amongst other things. Ireland will involve mainly Dublin coz Mrs Stubby loved it there. Trip to the wedding will include Hadrian's wall whilst enroute and after the wedding we want to check out the Viking Museum at York (on the way back to London from Glasgow etc.)

I'm sure there is plenty of other stuff that we cram in when we are not warming coach or train seats.

If I remember rightly there is an early period reenactment event in Whitby (not too far from York) on the last weekend of May.

I can't remember too many details at the moment, but our group is one that Jorvik employ each year for their viking festival... ie it would be well worth popping along if you are in the area and interested in that kind of thing!

Stubby: cool. We can do the castle, the cathedral ruins, the older university buildings (which go back to the 15th century) and points like that. Lotsa history for a wee town. :)

There are a couple of us in St Andrews itself, plus Zak and the Edinburghers could no doubt be persuaded to come up if it's on the weekend. And if you and the Mrs. need somewhere to stay we can even do that, too (I have tons of space).

PM me and I'll give you my email address...

Christ, we haven’t even gotten next weekend’s party out of the way and we’re planning the next one.

Ser Stubby - As Mormie says, if you need to get in touch about Edinburgh, need a tour guide or whatever, just sing out.

Although, you’re Australian aren’t you? Well, depending on how the Chappell-Hadlee series goes, I may or may not have issues with your nationality… ;)

SV, I'm still smarting from the Ashes so I'm not likely to bring up the cricket with too much volume. ;)

Besides, we haven't much on the world stage this year, cricket or otherwise. :(

Thanks for all the feedback folks. :)

As it is now 2355 hrs here and I need to do something productive at work tomorrow I am logging off. I will check in again to tomorrow.

Cheers,

Stubby

just teasing, mormont ;)

Stubby, me and dajamieson are in glasgow and would love to drink a pint or 5 with you. Or we can join in the festivities in St Andrews maybe. Either way count us in for some drunken BwB fun :D

Stubby, we will see if we can't get a London meet sorted out to welcome you over here mate.

A London meet sounds like a great idea. I might also be able to make a Scottish meet if I happen to be up visiting my family there at the same time.

Well...i'm most certainly not a UK boarder but never the less... ;)

Ireland will involve mainly Dublin coz Mrs Stubby loved it there.

There is a few Irish boarders also. Conor was even speculating a few weeks ago about meeting up again. So we could do something, since you are here for a week. But one does have to say that the Scottish branch does seem a little livelier. GoN woke the beast. :P

Btw...to everyone else...we were talking about meeting up in Barcelona around the 5th-8th of May. We'll have to see if the interest is still there. Perhaps when we meet up in Edinburgh we can discuss it. Because if it is going to happen, we should make definite plans early February. :)

Well...i'm most certainly not a UK boarder but never the less...

Please excuse my colonial ignorance Pod. ;)

Dublin would be good. Mrs Stubby's memories of her time there are hazy and better left unexplored but I'm sure she could be persuaded to down a few pints at the Flowing Tide......

Archived