Question for UK Boarders

Stubby

OK folks time for a (belated) update.

The Stubbies are presently in Dublin, having driven around the internet starved west England and Wales and survived the ferry full of drunken football fans.

Unfortunately, Mrs Stubby has been taken ill, so we are going to stop here for a couple more days so she can recuperate. :(

Otherwise, we spent some quality imagination inspiring time in Warwick and Bath, as well as a short time in Stratford. Stonehenge was pretty amazing for me. The highlight so far for me was witnessing a fireball shot from the trebuchet at Warwick.

I am still keen to ctach up with any Dubliners that might wish to do so and will check in a bit later today to see if there are any takers. I doubt Mrs Stubby will be up to it.

We hope you have all enjoyed eurocommie and have been able to recover from your hangovers.

Cheers,

Stubby

Hey Ser Stubby,

I'm in dublin too, but unfortunately I wont be able to meet with you this evening or, most likely Saturday evening, either.

I'm going to the Trinity Ball tonight (supposedly the largest private party in Europe), it one of those formal dress dealies (my tux is at the ready) which (from experience) wont end until midday or so on saturday. So the rest of saturday will likely be spent asleep.

I'll *should* be conscious on Sunday, but I dont know if you'll still be around then. Keep us posted anyways.

I'm sorry to hear about Mrs Stubby's condition. I sucks to take ill while on holiday and you should be relaxing or going about and enjoying yourself.

I hope she improves as soon as possible.

Hey Ser Stubby,

I'm in dublin too, but unfortunately I wont be able to meet with you this evening or, most likely Saturday evening, either.

I'm going to the Trinity Ball tonight (supposedly the largest private party in Europe), it one of those formal dress dealies (my tux is at the ready) which (from experience) wont end until midday or so on saturday. So the rest of saturday will likely be spent asleep.

I'll *should* be conscious on Sunday, but I dont know if you'll still be around then. Keep us posted anyways.

I'm sorry to hear about Mrs Stubby's condition. I sucks to take ill while on holiday and you should be relaxing or going about and enjoying yourself.

I hope she improves as soon as possible.

How many threads can Paddy crowbar in that he is going to the Trinity ball? :P

How many threads can Paddy crowbar in that he is going to the Trinity ball?

Always one more.

And if you get where that was ganked (and twisted) from then you get a cookie and a geek prize.

N

:lol: Well, i'm sure he similarly boasts about going to a BwB meet.

And ouch Ser Stubby, I hope your wife gets better soon. I hope it wasn't anything in Ireland that caused her to ail? And unfortunately i'm skipping town for the next couple of days, so I might miss you too, except if you are still here on Sunday night or Monday? Either would work for me.

I hope you had/have a chance to enjoy the rest of Ireland before you all leave. :)

how he brags...
stfu :kiss:

These next two...

How many threads can Paddy crowbar in that he is going to the Trinity ball? :P
How many threads can Paddy crowbar in that he is going to the Trinity ball?

Always one more.

N000000BS!

I searched the board. This is the only time I've mentioned it here. Just because I mentioned it on LJ and in chat. And you're jealous :P

:lol: Well, i'm sure he similarly boasts about going to a BwB meet.
You know, actually, I have been doing that. I've been telling all and sundry about how friggin unbelievable my weekend was. I'll try to stop before they get bored/jealous. I may fail.

And ouch Ser Stubby, I hope your wife gets better soon. I hope it wasn't anything in Ireland that caused her to ail? And unfortunately i'm skipping town for the next couple of days, so I might miss you too, except if you are still here on Sunday night or Monday? Either would work for me.
Like I said, I *should* be ok to meet on sunday evening/night, so lets us know when things suit you guys. :)

You know, actually, I have been doing that. I've been telling all and sundry about how friggin unbelievable my weekend was. I'll try to stop before they get bored/jealous. I may fail.

You will have to come to LA then Paddy, three months of bragging about going then six months bragiing coz it rocked!!

Paddy 4TW in LA!!!! :D

You will have to come to LA then Paddy, three months of bragging about going then six months bragiing coz it rocked!!

Paddy 4TW in LA!!!! :D

Hmmm, you make an extraordinarily string case.

I really want to go.

I'll know more on monday.

Well, the adventure continues.

Today finds us in Carlisle and tomorrow we will be heading to Glasgow. Once there we will have two nights to look around before heading west.

Apologies to anyone in Ireland that we could not catch up with. Circumstances beyond our control conspired against us.

We have had a great time in the Lake District and again we have found much to be inspired by. Hopefully we'll check in again sometime tomorrow, in Glasgow. Otherwise, we are both looking forward to our next meet in St Andrews. For those who were wondering, Mrs Stubby is now fine, thanks for the wishes.

PS - If there are any Glaswegians who can recommend a reputable laundrette, please do so, because Mrs Stubby says I stink! :sick:

Cheers,

Stubby

If there are any Glaswegians who can recommend a reputable laundrette, please do so, because Mrs Stubby says I stink! :sick:

You should fit right in in Glasgow then :P

*ducks*

Vestrit, may I congratulate you on your rapid assimilation into Edinburgh culture there. :P

At the minute the plan is that Stubby and Mrs will be in St Andrews on the 26th or 27th, IIRC... any Scottish BwBers (or others who might be in the area) are more than welcome to come sink a pint or two. I can make room for anyone who needs it: I've got about six spare beds/sofas, four if the Stubbies stay with me. :)

Archived