Wanna Go to WorldCon?

Parris

If you or someone you know wants to come to WorldCon, but can't afford a membership, please post here, and give me a brief explanation on why you/other want to go to WorldCon, but don't' have enough money to cover all the costs.

I'll decide by Monday evening who has given the best reasons for going, and award the membership then.

There's also the possibility of 2 children's memberships being available as well, so work on that post, beloved Bros.

see ya in Denver.

Parris

(ps: Barcelona beautiful., hot and tonight we see Bruce)

:( Frustrating. If I had the airfare I'd be all over this offer but, alas, I am completely stone broke at the moment.

I think Mandy was going along without a con membership, don't know if she'd be interested.

[quote name='Werthead' post='1447089' date='Jul 19 2008, 13.33']:( Frustrating. If I had the airfare I'd be all over this offer but, alas, I am completely stone broke at the moment.

I think Mandy was going along without a con membership, don't know if she'd be interested.[/quote]
I'm in the same boat (well, differences between US Domestic flight fares and international Australia-to-US fares notwithstanding) Plus, we'd need a second membership and probably those two kid memberships as well. Plus a lot of other stuff. Not happening this year :/

I was going to throw Mandy's name out there too. She's had a very rough year all around, and I know she's going to Worldcon to see people, not the con. But I know I for one would go crazy, if I was at Worldcon and couldn't go to any panels, stroll through the art show and dealer's room, or listen to George read...

Vote Mandy '08!

[quote name='Mandy' post='1447381' date='Jul 20 2008, 03.25']Is ser Mel t going and bringing her kids and do they have memberships?[/quote]I actually need to know the answer to this question asap wrt my room booking.

Really? No one posted?

I would have sobbed my little heart out, but my family was in town visiting me all weekend from Michigan and I just returned to the internet today. (When your mother, suffering from severe arthritis in her ankle can out-tube you on the river it is highly embarrassing.) I really hope someone who needed it managed to find a way to reply to Parris's wonderful offer!

MEMBERSHIPS FOR SALE - not to be confused with the membership I am giving away.

Two children's memberships are available, as well as one adult, because Ser MelT cannot attend.

I'll take offers from Bros, but be quick, since I am also posting this to the Denvention LJ community as well with a combo price of $200.

Mandy, I may still have one membership available, I'll let you know on Wednesday, once I get home to Santa Fe and check on the status of a couple friends there who were wavering about attending.

Archived