BWB Scotland Christmas party reports

mormont

Ahh the pillow :) On reflection I think I mistook the sleeping bag (that was stored in a bag) for the pillow and was lying on top of the quilt since the quilt was probably laid out on the floor. I thought I'd been given two pillows.

What actually happened was that I'd entered the room in darkness and faced the wrong way when lying down, unable to see anything. Two hours later, after a fitful (frozen) sleep I decided to fetch my jacket and use it as a cover when I discovered the quilt and managed to get to sleep. Can't believe I spent about two hours shivering whilst lying on top of the quilt, using a sleeping bag as a pillow.

I vaguely remember trying to find the shirt (a zip-up sweater-thing).

The Welsh impression was part of the Little Britain impression, I'd forgotten a lot of the other accents for some of the other impressions if memory serves.

The neighbours were scared off pretty quick, I think we were still semi-sober at that point too.

I cannot hope to compete with such eloquent reports, thusly I will spare you my humble attempts to find words for the wonderful gathering and display of hospitality that did occur.. ahem.

Thankfully the initial idea to start the celebration with a merry sacrifice of newbies such as yours truly was not put into action - I would have hated to ruin mormont's carpet, as causing red stains is no way to behave on being introduced to such marvellous people. And yes, I am trying to make up for hardly speaking at the party, which is bound to go agley. I'm stopping already.

It was a merry gathering in the most beautiful town of St Andrews (which is large enough to get lost in as it was lacking the second cathedral we were waiting for to direct our driving), with Winter come overnight (although I did not proclaim that merrily as I had jokingly mentioned to Sophelia), lenghty studies of the board game rules (which WILL be played, one day, to be sure), contemplations of what Randall Tarly would do and walks in snow and sand and nights of beauty - stopping already. I will also not get started on how wonderful, lovely, friendly and knowing everybody is as I have already bothered you with my poor attempts at correct english grammar and spelling long enough and the description would probably be deleted as a spam-equivalent-post. So I'll be content with saying that it was a great time which cured me of my great pre-party-fears of being kicked out on account of being horrible, and a wonderful party at the end of which everyone was faily pished (which, as everyone who's read A Hatful of Sky knows, means tired. Really.).

In essence: It was a most wonderful Christmas time, and, without disrespect to the rest of the world BwB Scotland-and-associates truly are the Best, and I can't wait for Burn's Night.

Blessings, thanks for allowing me to come, and I am truly sorry for not living up to the expectations by apparently being remarkably less mad than Cheese.

mo

Blessings, thanks for allowing me to come, and I am truly sorry for not living up to the expectations by apparently being remarkably less mad than Cheese.

mo

Don't worry Mo, there was no need to waste any good 'cheese' moments on that rabble. :P

Myself and Barry will be much more appreciative. ;)

Archived