BWB Scotland Christmas party reports

mormont

Uh, not sure an enthusiasm for flinging people around qualifies us as scottish country dancers. But of course you would be welcome to fling or be flung.

Well, the Bonn SCD group does this very kind of dancing, and it is known that they host the best ceilidhs in the country [at least that's what they told me;)], so it sounds fine enough :)

I actually managed to arrange for myself to be in Glasgow, so what might still keep me from appearing is to get lost while searching the right train. Which is my clumsy way of asking whether there is still the option of a ride, or whether I am too late (as per usual), or whether you want me to get lost ;)

Provided that I do not get lost: (which I hope I won't) My luggage isn't overloaded yet, so if there might be any special German food-or-whatever that you'd like me to bring, please tell me. I'll bring self-made cookies and a bottle of Glühwein anyway, but more ideas are welcome.

This will be my most eventful christmas ever, I suppose :)

Blessings,

mo

I'll need to take both days off since my hours on that day are 13:00 to 22:30, I checked last night with my team leader and it looks like there won't be a problem.

John, if you've still got room in the car a lift would be greatly appreciated, I can also throw in some money for the petrol. :)

I'll need to have a look through the listings. Burns Parties are normally private affairs run by societies and such, so are difficult to get to without an invite. Edinburgh Castle does a big one every year but it's booked out months in advance. I'll have an ask around - my neighbour in office is working on a big Burns project for Alloway (we are probably taking over the Birthplace Cottage and all that associated stuff) and might have an idea about to do or where to ask. Made slightly more difficult by the fact that the actual night is the wednesday rather than the Saturday.

Will try to find out more. But ms zak does have a CD titled 'Nu' that's wha a call Ceildh!'

I have tons of ceilidh cds :)

Maybe this is a tad ambitious, but there are a ton of pubs with 'function rooms', that would prolly put on some haggis neeps and tatties for us and lend us a sound system. Course, we'd need some idea of numbers.

I just think Zak's flat + eightsome reel = mighty damage :P

Oh..and don't forget we have to do speeches too! 'A toast to the lads' and 'A toast to the lassies' and a' that..

Ahahaha. I was thinking much the same thing, needle... :idea:

If we have, what, easily a dozen or more BwBers interested even at this stage, all we need is a place. And we can hire a place! A few quid each and we can have a totally great time. :D:cheers::grouphug::thumbsup:

Why is there no dancing smiley?

Mor and Derfel,

yeah, I can give you both a lift. Would it be easiest to meet somewhere in Glasgow and then go round for Daj and GoN?

Incidentally, what's the best way to drive from Glasgow? Forth bridge or head towards Dundee?

john, I find the best way is via the Kincardine Bridge. Takes about an hour and a half to two hours dependiing on traffic. PM me and I'll give you specific directions.

john: Thanks, that would be great. I haven't been to Glasgow before, so just tell me some convenient meeting place that can be found on a city map :)

As for Burn's Night, I vote for dancing too, but that shouldn't come unexpected;)

And Yuletime blessings by the way, as today is winter solstice :)

Well everyone get on their google engine and try and find something! :) We'll try and find dancing though i'm not 100% sure where we could do it? Finding a place to hire could be good, but we'd need plenty of us there

eta - shit i'm getting confused having 2 threads now

Archived