Chicagoland Peeps - READ THIS

[quote name='Jaxom 1974' post='1448172' date='Jul 21 2008, 10.14']Ouch. Cold, boys. Cold.

You're time'll come. It will come.[/quote]

Jax,

If you make it any day from 26 July - 1 August you could have a pair of Aussie crashers (laoise & I).....

We are heading your way over the week before Denver so we'd be up for something!

That'd be cool, Stubby, excepting I'll be shocked if we have enough people respond within time prior to the 26th the way things go about here. :P

To be honest, ben, I'm thinking it might need to be properly after Denver for all of you who are heading out there (you all suck by the by :P ). I guess in my own way, I'm thinking more long term. September/October, something like that to properly get something in the works. I don't know. I'd still love to hear more from other peeps in the area.

[quote name='Lord O' Bones' post='1447971' date='Jul 20 2008, 18.59']Outshine the DC folks? Why set the bar so low?

*high fives NorCal BWB*

:P[/quote]

You want to dance NorCal? We will dance. In tandem.

It will be, how they say, magnifico and terrifying.

We Stubbies are here in Chicago. We have today experienced the wonderful Woodfield mall as we tried to stock up on a few necessaries etc.

We will be here until Saturday 1 August and would be happy to meet up pre Denver with anyone thats interested. We have a US cell phone now and I'll do my best to check the pm's as often as possible.

Gotta go look a pizza delivery!

I'm in Chicago tomorrow until I go to Denver on the 7th. Lollapalooza is this coming weekend but I can squeeze in something if it works out that quickly.

Otherwise I'm busy until September 19th (vacation)

[quote name='Ser Stubby' post='1457562' date='Jul 26 2008, 16.32']We Stubbies are here in Chicago. We have today experienced the wonderful Woodfield mall as we tried to stock up on a few necessaries etc.[/quote]

Only Mall of America is bigger in the Midwest, if not the country. Woodfield is spectacular. It's also about 15 minutes from where I grew up.

Late September, early October might be better for establishing a proper date to build up attendance and participation. :P

[quote name='Jaxom 1974' post='1458048' date='Jul 27 2008, 10.01']Woodfield is [s]spectacular[/s] a larger than average sized mall.[/quote]
fixed.

I worked within walking distance on either side of Woodfield for about 8 years. It's just a big mall. Wait, were you being funny there?

So where you thinking of meeting up? Woodfield? There is a RAM Brewery right there.

[quote name='Jaxom 1974' post='1458048' date='Jul 27 2008, 12.01']Late September, early October might be better for establishing a proper date to build up attendance and participation. :P[/quote]

Yes Please! And please make it easy to get to via Public Transport...

[quote name='The Wedge' post='1458250' date='Jul 27 2008, 14.13']fixed.

I worked within walking distance on either side of Woodfield for about 8 years. It's just a big mall. Wait, were you being funny there?

So where you thinking of meeting up? Woodfield? There is a RAM Brewery right there.[/quote]

I happen to like Woodfield thank you very much. Sure as hell a sight better than Randhurst ever was, and that's in my hometown.

RAM in Schaumburg is a nice thought, but if Pierre needs public transport, we might need to think this out some...heh...

[quote name='Jaxom 1974' post='1459715' date='Jul 28 2008, 17.06']RAM in Schaumburg is a nice thought, but if Pierre needs public transport, we might need to think this out some...heh...[/quote]
Hey, I used to live downtown and take public transport to Schaumburg almost every day. CTA blue line to Rosemont and hop the Pace 606 bus that went out along Algonquin and Golf Roads. Dropped me right at the Hyatt (boom... yer at the RAM) or down by the Marriott (depending on which building I was in at a given time). It can be done.

Though, for public transport, downtown Chicago is definitely the hub for the whole region with CTA and Metra all converging near the Loop.

[quote name='The Wedge' post='1459921' date='Jul 28 2008, 20.48']Hey, I used to live downtown and take public transport to Schaumburg almost every day. CTA blue line to Rosemont and hop the Pace 606 bus that went out along Algonquin and Golf Roads. Dropped me right at the Hyatt (boom... yer at the RAM) or down by the Marriott (depending on which building I was in at a given time). It can be done.

Though, for public transport, downtown Chicago is definitely the hub for the whole region with CTA and Metra all converging near the Loop.[/quote]

Ah...the old Hyatt Woodfield...it's been franchised out now...still a Hyatt, but with the Hyatt Place behind it, well, it was expendable to the main company...

I know nothing about busses for the most part, so I tend to ignore them. :P

And downtown works for me too. We gotta do something though. It's a moral imperative.

If there is a Metra station around I can get there. Mayhap someone might need to pick me or up or drop me off from the station though.

If we are downtown-its easy and I have free parking for a few at my building on the weekends during the day. I live right at Canal and Lake. I can host one or two if you want to sleep together on the sofa bed and/or chair as well.

:)

This is good. There's actual interest. I'm actually leaving for a week on vacation in about 18 hours with little to no hope of internet access, but if something isn't decided while I'm gone, I'm going to return to this topic when I get back. We can get together and gush about the lush cinematography of Chicago in Dark Knight. Yeah.

Archived