Anyone who didn't like The Dark Knight is a tool.

EHK for Darwin

[quote]Seen many movies not starring Jean Claude Van Damme?[/quote]

Surprisingly, yes I have.

There's no need to be condescending. Just saying I don't agree with your negative verdict at all.

[quote]And why do the damn Riddler and Penguin again? Doing the Joker again was fine, he's too popular and well known to pass on. Aren't there better villains that would fit in the atmosphere Nolan has setup?[/quote]

...Not really. (But then, /me is not a fan of Batman's villains)

[quote]I thought Nolan said the Penguin was too silly for this version of Batman.[/quote]

Penguin could actually work, if done as the bird-fancying mob-boss rather than the weird mutant thing. (Now, I loved Burtons Penguin, he was awesome, but wouldn't fit in here)

All I know is that Depp belongs somewhere in this franchise. It seems taylor-made for him. One of my friends even suggested that he could do justice to Ledger's Joker, but I'm really not sure if anyone else should ever touch that.

Depp could definitely do a credible riddler.

[quote name='Horus - Spider Silva' post='1467516' date='Aug 4 2008, 07.34']All I know is that Depp belongs somewhere in this franchise. It seems taylor-made for him. One of my friends even suggested that he could do justice to Ledger's Joker, but I'm really not sure if anyone else should ever touch that.

Depp could definitely do a credible riddler.[/quote]

Though I agree that it probably shouldn't be touched, I wouldn't mind seeing a DiCaprio audition for the Joker.

[quote]..Not really. (But then, /me is not a fan of Batman's villains)[/quote]

Why not? I'm not much of a comics fan, but Batman's villains always seemed the most interesting to me.

[quote name='Anatole Kuragin' post='1467519' date='Aug 4 2008, 07.42']Though I agree that it probably shouldn't be touched, I wouldn't mind seeing a DiCaprio audition for the Joker.[/quote]
I would wonder where he's played a villian before, but then again, I can't remember Ledger playing one before TDK either. It could work.

[quote name='ants' post='1466595' date='Aug 2 2008, 20.26']Just saw it for the second time. So so good.

A few things:

5. I deliberately wanted to catch who the '5' people two-face killed were, and still don't know.

9. I think Batman husks up his voice so nobody can connect him to Wayne.
10. Anyone dishing this film is an idiot.[/quote]

5: I am fairly certain Gordan says, five people dead, (Two Cops, Two Gangsters, and Dent)

9&10. I would go with true.

[quote name='Tobin' post='1467948' date='Aug 4 2008, 13.27'][url="http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Movies/08/04/morgan.freeman.accident/index.html?iref=mpstoryview"]Morgan[/url] airlifted to the hospital. :uhoh:[/quote]

Glad to hear he was joking around with paramedics. Makes me think he'll be okay. Would hate to lose 'ole Red.

[quote name='Paddy' post='1467017' date='Aug 4 2008, 07.21']After they capture the Joker and Dent is pulled from the van, he is handed over to a police officer who is to look after taking him away. IIRC, the camera lingers on the cop and their expression to show you that something is up.
It's the same cop who gets the "good head" on the coin toss, so he lets her live.[/quote]
Actually, its the cop he kills in the bar. Thats why he knows who he is to go and find him. For the other cop he had to find out who she was from the Italian.

Thinking about the 5 people, 2 cops thing, I think Gordan was mistaken. As someone said above, you can see one of the Italian's men go around the car, but then its Dent in the car. If Dent killed him, the Italian plus his driver gives you the three civilians. If Gordan knew about the first cop dead in the bar, it wouldn't be too much to assume the female cop is dead (after all, since she's unconscious she would appear to be missing). At that stage, they don't really know whether Two-face went with the coin or would go against it.

The female cop is actually interesting. Gordan would have to make a tough decision with her. Send her to jail for her corruption and for betraying his family, and she might blab about Dent. Keep her on, and he's got a double agent, keeps Dent's secret, and at least has [i]one[/i] cop he can communicate to Batman with since she knows the truth.

Could make some fantastic scenes in a future movie where Gordan has to keep her aound and use her knowing she almost got his son killed, and she has all the guilt of knowing she helped destroy Dent and betrayed everything she represents, while having to help Batman and Gordan.

[quote name='ants' post='1467982' date='Aug 4 2008, 14.13']Actually, its the cop he kills in the bar. Thats why he knows who he is to go and find him. For the other cop he had to find out who she was from the Italian.[/quote]

Paddy's referring to the female cop that he shared the look with. And it lingers there for about 10 minutes with them winking and nudging.

[quote name='ants' post='1467982' date='Aug 4 2008, 20.13']Actually, its the cop he kills in the bar. Thats why he knows who he is to go and find him. For the other cop he had to find out who she was from the Italian.

Thinking about the 5 people, 2 cops thing, I think Gordan was mistaken. As someone said above, you can see one of the Italian's men go around the car, but then its Dent in the car. If Dent killed him, the Italian plus his driver gives you the three civilians. If Gordan knew about the first cop dead in the bar, it wouldn't be too much to assume the female cop is dead (after all, since she's unconscious she would appear to be missing). At that stage, they don't really know whether Two-face went with the coin or would go against it.

The female cop is actually interesting. Gordan would have to make a tough decision with her. Send her to jail for her corruption and for betraying his family, and she might blab about Dent. Keep her on, and he's got a double agent, keeps Dent's secret, and at least has [i]one[/i] cop he can communicate to Batman with since she knows the truth.

Could make some fantastic scenes in a future movie where Gordan has to keep her aound and use her knowing she almost got his son killed, and she has all the guilt of knowing she helped destroy Dent and betrayed everything she represents, while having to help Batman and Gordan.[/quote]

Your a tool.

I saw the movie today with my friend and I have to say, what's so hard to understand in this movie? It was perfectly easy to follow, IMO.

Having said that, OMG, [i]Batman[/i]! I'd totally forgotten how much I love Batman, even though watching the animated series at age 7 and seeing the Nolan movies are two incomparable experiences.

And I don't want to invoke the curse of [i]Batman and Robin[/i] (1997) (Shryke's youtube link made me laugh, it seems like a horrible movie), but am I the only one who wants to see a Nolan take on Robin? Anyone? Bueller? I mean, I know the chances are zilch and that it might not make a very good movie, but I do so love Robin.

The Robin idea has pretty much been shot down by everyone. I think an interesting way to do it would be to skip right over Grayson and Todd and go right to Tim Drake. He wouldn't even need to wear the costume or live in the mansion. Of course, the reason for his working to discover Batman's identity would be gone, but something could be thought up. I think it would be interesting to see a young kid showing some detective skills to discover that Wayne is the Bat.

[quote name='Quijote Light' post='1468011' date='Aug 4 2008, 15.52']The Robin idea has pretty much been shot down by everyone. I think an interesting way to do it would be to skip right over Grayson and Todd and go right to Tim Drake. He wouldn't even need to wear the costume or live in the mansion. Of course, the reason for his working to discover Batman's identity would be gone, but something could be thought up. I think it would be interesting to see a young kid showing some detective skills to discover that Wayne is the Bat.[/quote]

Maybe bring back the blonde kid from BB - the one in the Narrows he gave the periscope to.

I know. I mean, Batman sure as hell isn't mad enough to take a twelve year old with him on the streets, especially in the atmosphere the Nolan movies have. Any older, like sixteen, and it'll look like Wayne is Grayson's sugardaddy, or something. And there are countless more reasons why Robin wouldn't work.

But.

I'm a sentimental sap who loves Robin. :( I suppose I should take another look at the animated series to satisfy my need for the campy crimefighter duo.

(The Drake idea is nice though.)

[quote name='SkyPirate' post='1468035' date='Aug 4 2008, 15.09']I'm a sentimental sap who loves Robin. :( I suppose I should take another look at the animated series to satisfy my need for the campy crimefighter duo.[/quote]
Is it the tight green shorts? Or his use of "holy whatever-the-fuck" exclamations?

Just accept that Robin is a product of the whole weird "everyone gets a sidekick" phase that comics went thru. There is no realistic place for that character in the current Batman incarnation.

Archived