Anyone who didn't like The Dark Knight is a tool.

EHK for Darwin

[quote name='RedEyedGhost' post='1458289' date='Jul 27 2008, 20.46']that made me think of Two-Face[/quote]

Did some searching and I found that that is his trademark, so that makes sense. Never read the comics, hence.

I just find that the Joker character was brilliant and everything else was meh.

There were shoddy cutting decisions:
1) That party where the joker was left at the party.
2) When the joker escapes (the missing beating scene)
3) After the joker gets out of the cell while he is activating the bomb, after he detonates it (unharmed) he just slits the guard throat and sits there (while he is unharmed and all the police was mortally wounded i assume).
4) That stupid csi scene that was included.

Not sure:
5) What happened to the guy that was threating to divulge Wayne secret identity. (nothing apparently).

Must be the fact i saw a better film afterwards... (Elite Troop).

[quote name='Serious Callers Only' post='1458324' date='Jul 27 2008, 16.23']5) What happened to the guy that was threating to divulge Wayne secret identity. (nothing apparently).[/quote]

Bruce Wayne drove his Lamborghini into the path of the truck that was about to t-bone the car cop that guy was in. He played dumb to Gordon, saying he was just trying to catch the light, but the scene then showed the guy catching a brief stare from Wayne, which indicated to the guy that he exactly what he was doing.

I guess saving his life was enough to get him to shut up.

[quote name='Shryke' post='1458284' date='Jul 27 2008, 15.40']Yeah, this movie better then any other exposes the stupidity and hypocrisy of the movie ratings system. This was not a fucking kids movie. Not even close.[/quote]

It bothers me somewhat to know that the movie was edited for a PG-13 rating yet came off as an R movie. What did they hold back during editing? What did we miss in the theatrical versionr? What did they avoid during production? This movie, more than others, begs the question.

Update: I just watched it again and Two-Face killed three people on screen at most (and only one cop.) So I don't know if the "5 people, two of them cops" was a mistake, off camera, or a cutting room floor casualty. :dunno:

[quote name='Shryke' post='1458585' date='Jul 27 2008, 19.09']The explanation I've heard was they might be counting the 2 cops at the station that the Joker kills, thinking that Two-Face killed them.[/quote]
But then it would be "5 people, three of them cops."

Also, Batman did bend the gun barrell with an attachment on the sleeve of his armor.

[quote name='Lord O' Bones' post='1458590' date='Jul 27 2008, 22.12']But then it would be "5 people, three of them cops."

Also, Batman did bend the gun barrell with an attachment on the sleeve of his armor.[/quote]

/shrug

I don't remember if both those cops that went into the Hospital died or not. Maybe only 1 did.

[quote name='Shryke' post='1458592' date='Jul 27 2008, 19.16']/shrug

I don't remember if both those cops that went into the Hospital died or not. Maybe only 1 did.[/quote]
Whatever the Joker initially did to them, they were minutes later blown up and crushed. If one of them had lived, the other murder would've correctly been attributed to the Joker. :dunno: The more I think about it, the more I'm leaning towards "cutting room floor." I mean, this movie is long as hell as it is.

Edit:

From the IMDB FAQ "At the end of the film, Gordon says, "five dead, two of them cops," referring to Harvey Dent's (Two Face's) victims.

#1 The first death was Detective Wuertz, whom Dent shot in the bar.

#2 Then, just before the car ride where Dent kills Maroni, we see Maroni get into his car with another passenger entering from the other side. Maroni is surprised when he starts talking to the person who is supposed to be in the car with him, and then realizes it's Dent instead. There is an instance where you can see Maroni's man being pulled away from the door.

#3, 4, 5 Next was Maroni's driver, whom Dent shoots, and then Maroni himself, who presumably died in the resulting crash. There was a passenger in front of the car with Maroni, and we can assume the passenger died as well.

That's five deaths -- but only one cop. Gordon's remark may be a goof.

Another possibility is that only Maroni and the driver were killed and Gordon assumed that Dent killed Ramirez as well."

I totally missed the other passenger. And if you assume everyone died in the crash why is Harvey uninjured? Meh.

[quote name='Lord O' Bones' post='1458594' date='Jul 27 2008, 20.21']I totally missed the other passenger. And if you assume everyone died in the crash why is Harvey uninjured? Meh.[/quote]

I don't understand this assumption either. :thumbsdown:

[quote name='Lord O' Bones' post='1458594' date='Jul 28 2008, 12.21']I totally missed the other passenger. And if you assume everyone died in the crash why is Harvey uninjured? Meh.[/quote]

He jumped out of the car before it crashed. Right before he shoots the driver, he undoes his seatbelt and reaches for the door handle with his free hand.

[quote name='Brady' post='1458653' date='Jul 27 2008, 21.54']He jumped out of the car before it crashed. Right before he shoots the driver, he undoes his seatbelt and reaches for the door handle with his free hand.[/quote]

So the car's moving fast enough to kill three passengers, but Two-Face can jump out of it without being injured?

Who gives a shit? Maybe he capped a couple of cops offscreen. Its hardly integral to the film or the character whether he actually killed 3 or 5. If they want to say 5, than presume 1 or 2 happened offscreen. Its not that hard.

[quote name='Il Chiarimento' post='1458661' date='Jul 27 2008, 21.02']Who gives a shit?[/quote]

It was important in that I thought I had missed something. Now I know I haven't and the movie just fucked up a tiny detail. Whoopty-doo. I've exonerated myself in my own mind and as far as the mistake, I really [i]don't [/i]care.

[quote name='Brady' post='1458653' date='Jul 27 2008, 23.54']He jumped out of the car before it crashed. Right before he shoots the driver, he undoes his seatbelt and reaches for the door handle with his free hand.[/quote]

No...he puts his seat belt on...doesnt he?

Archived