Denver 2008-Rooms

Alright I'm making this thread because I've heard people need a room mate or could be still in the looking for a room to stay in during the con in Denver.

I personally am looking for somebody with a room who'd let me room with them.

edit:Now just need a room saturday-monday if anybody has the space.

I'm not there long and don't have space anyway, so I can't help, sorry.

However, it might be helpful if you'd post things like what nights you want to be there, smoker/non, male/female, whether you care about sharing with a smoker/nonsmoker/male/female/how many people, etc. Also whether you care how far from the convention centre itself -- with so many people spread over so many hotels, you could end up at the convention centre, at the party hotel, or somewhere in between.

Not that this has to be a dating site or anything, just that the days/dates at least are probably going to be needed, and the rest could be helpful.

Good luck Drac - hope you find a room-mate soon. If you can't find a BwB person to share with, it's worth using the [url="http://community.livejournal.com/denvention3/"]Denvention Livejournal[/url], for example a person posted on 21st of this month:

[quote]I have a double (con rate) at the Marriott from Aug 6-10 and need a roommate. If you are interest in sharing please e-mail me at [email protected] . I also will going to the Vail Vally Aug 10-17. I will have a two bedroom timeshare there and will be interested in a having a roommate there also. If you have any interested please e-mail me at the previously mentioned address.[/quote]

I don't know if they got a room-mate (they haven't updated their post and nobody has replied on LJ).

Sounds reasonable I hadn't actully though about it.

I'm Male. 21 years.
I smoke if that's an issue.
I arrive Thursday night and am staying till monday.

I personally don't mind who I stay with. Male, Female, Smoker, non-smoker. Number of people isn't that important, though I suppose if you're trying to stuff 30 people in a room that could be a problem.

Distance doesn't matter either I suppose. Since buses, taxi's, etc are possible. As is walking.

I've got a bit of floor space for you, ztem. Dunno if it's twelve square feet though. Once I get there and measure it all up with my handy travel tape measure I'll let you know. :)

[quote name='Isis' post='1455269' date='Jul 24 2008, 14.57']I've got a bit of floor space for you, ztem. Dunno if it's twelve square feet though. Once I get there and measure it all up with my handy travel tape measure I'll let you know. :)[/quote]

I can curl up fetal if need be. :)

[quote name='Lany Cassandra' post='1455263' date='Jul 24 2008, 14.53']I have a reservation at the Adams Mark that I won't be using. *runs away in tears*[/quote]

They will charge you for one night if you don't formally cancel at least two days before it is scheduled to begin.

[quote name='Bronn Stone' post='1456450' date='Jul 25 2008, 14.38']They will charge you for one night if you don't formally cancel at least two days before it is scheduled to begin.[/quote]

I know. If no one wants it by the end of next week, I will cancel it on Friday. It is from Wed-Mon.

[quote name='Lany Cassandra' post='1456679' date='Jul 25 2008, 16.05']I know. If no one wants it by the end of next week, I will cancel it on Friday. It is from Wed-Mon.[/quote]

How much is it per night? Also is it possible to cut the reservation down?

I'm still in need of a roomie for Wednesday and Thursday night. And I'm not fussy who I share with. So if any of you know anybody, ANYBODY AT ALL, who needs a bed on those nights, let me know.

[s]I don't think any of the hotels allow smoking in the rooms anyway..[/s].

Some do.

Also, from the Denvention website here is how you can go about transferring a room to someone else:

[b]How to Transfer a Hotel Room[/b]
[list=1]
[*]Add the other person's name to your room -- if you have other names on your room at the time, take them off. You don't want to run the risk of the hotel charging a higher rate for a triple or quad (not all of our properties have flat rates across the board).
[*]Change the credit card guaranteeing the reservation to the other person's credit card (s/he will have to call the hotel to do that).
[*]The other person then takes your name off the room.
[/list] Following this procedure ensures that the room won't slip back to the hotel's control, because if it does, it most likely will not go back into our block at the convention rate.

Archived