Upcoming cover art

Larry.

Agreed. The US cover is certainly generic, but the UK one, while clever, caused my eyes to bug out. :stunned:

That's exactly why I like it so much!

(and it takes me back to my visual perception classes in optometry school, yeah I'm a big ole nerd...)

Crappy CGI + ugly and garish typography = fail

:agree:

Looks like Blake Charlton's UK publisher decided that a new cover was in order (yay!) for Spellwright. This one is a bit better, but it's still an example of all the wrong things being done on Fantasy covers these days (bad typography, photo manipulated people, collage artwork, etc...).

Poul Anderson's Young Flandry

:stunned: :stunned: :stunned:

Who would read that book in public? That's worse than any Urban Fantasy no top with trampstamp cover.

And it also looks like a book earlier in the series was sportin' some sideboob too - Captain Flandry: Defender Of The Terran Empire.

And worst titled novel of the year, goes to...

The City & The City

It does sound a bit odd as a title, I know, but it is distinctive for its oddness and it is a very appropriate title for the setting of two seemingly identical cities where only their inhabitants can tell them apart.

What the hell is that thing on the cover?

I'm guessing that someone told the cover artist that the main character should have an owlish expression on their face, and there was a horrible misunderstanding ;)

Archived