Canada Book Signing

Mich

There is a pic of me on my profile, although I am told it's rather dark and hard to see on some pc monitors. I'll try and add another for reference, and make it easier for some one to spot me. Generally speaking I am, white, six two, with longish black hair liberally salted with silver, and have full beard. I tend toward plumpness, and will likely be wearing blue jeans, a grey columbia winter coat, and brown skate shoes.

I think that makes me more identifiable.

That's to bad that you can't come Kelso I was looking forward to meeting you in person.

:( sorry to hear kelso! I was so looking forward to bringing a boy home and getting away with it :cool: if you still want one signed though pm me :)

Thanks for the love. I'm already pretty bummed out that I'm going to miss out on this. Sometimes, that's just the way she goes. I'm sure to be at the next Ontario BWB gathering, so I'll have to shake hands with everyone then. Thinking about the great time I had at the big Toronto convention, I know it's gonna hurt to miss this one. Somebody will have to give me some of the stories after it's all done with. I do love a good story.

Does the discussion part usually happen first, then a line sort of forms for the signing, or the other way around?

I will keep watching for decision on the pub. any pub is Ok by me as I don't know the area.

Last time, we gathered in front of the sci-fi/fantasy section just right of the entrance and down a few steps. I suspect they’ll clear off this space again. There used to be a half dozen café-style tables because there used to be an espresso bar there. That’s gone, so the tables are too. They also laid out about 2 dozen folding chairs, so I suspect those will be there again, perhaps more if they expect more people than last time (which I estimate was 60-80; it was hard to tell because people were packed into the event space, which was small, but spread out in the surrounding area, which is large).

George sat at a desk, read a chapter, spoke for about 30 minutes, then answered questions for about 20 minutes, and then the signing began. At least that’s how I remember it.

For those of you in Vancouver: At 4pm on the day of his Chapters signing (Jan 13th), GRRM will also be interviewed by CBC's Sheryl McKay for a "Book Club" feature that she does for her show North by Northwest. The interview is done in front of a studio audience and always features a question period. You will have to contact the CBC in Vancouver to find out how to get tickets, though, as I doubt you will just be able to show up. Thought you might like the heads up. Also, spread the word--it's pretty short notice and it would be a shame if I was the only one in the audience!

you need to bring a receipt? sigh...guess im going receipt hunting later...and from what i've been reading on the board about the number of ppl coming, methinks its not a good idea to bring all my asoiaf to be signed...heh...

i'd like to know about the pubbing as well...i've got nothing better planned

cheers

Sweet! I went to a signing for SoS back in 2000 or 2001, I think it was at Bakka or something, so I'm glad to hear this one will have more to it. At the same time, I'm not used to the bigger readings, so any tips for when to show up? I was aiming to get there for 5:30, would that be reasonable? Just want to hear him read/answer questions. Woo!

I'm liking moot's choice at the moment because it sounds relatively close.

there’s one on Elm Street just behind the WBB. I think it’s a Firkin pub, but don’t quote me

Hi Aludra :) I'm planning on being there around 6 because I don't finish work til 5:30 so honestly no idea :) 5:30 just may be the perfect time *jealous* :tantrum:

I vote with Mordin on a pub: there’s one on Elm Street just behind the WBB. I think it’s a Firkin pub, but don’t quote me. Again, I can have a look tonight. There’s also an Elephant & Castle at Yonge and Gerrard. There’s also a great sitting lounge at The Library (called that so Ryerson students don’t have to lie to their parents about where they are; trust me, it’s a pub) at Dundas and Victoria.

I think this was the last pub discussion. So we didn't really choose one yet. Or did I miss something? Doesn't matter where to me, but the lounge at the Library sounds nice.

if anybody needs parking,

checked out a few lots, the cheapest (!#^??) and closest seems to be Carpark 34, Dundas Square garage, $1.75 per half hour to a max of $14, but if you park afterr 6 it's $1.75 per half hour to a max of $6.

There's always Eaton Centre parking but that would be a fortune. Can we expense this??!! I would just take the better way, but then I'd have to TTC back to Broadview/Dundas for the car. Might do that anyway.

Hope I remember my book! Better write myself a note (wait til you hit the low middle age of 50!)

I'm going to try to get there around 5:30 too.

correct. one hasn't been chosen. too many people not making suggestions...one person making suggestions and not speaking of it again...too many others waiting for everyone else to make the decision for them.

So we have one vote for the pub that no one knows the name of (me) :rofl: and one vote for the library (arwen) and two older votes for anything that resembles a pub (moot and mordin)... and of course the weird strange place the rest of you are going and not telling anyone about :P

*shrugs*

the one on elm is the wolf and firkin i think...never been, but firkin pubs are usually good....and im guessing the pub choice may end up being decided at the signing lol....anywho, hope to see/meet some of you guys there!

cheers

Skryer you're my new favourite person! :D

Wolf & Firkin

43 Elm St.

Toronto, ON

M5G 1H1

TEL: (416) 971-6264

FAX: (416) 971-3381

Deciding at the signing is fine if we all manage to bump into each other. I'm thinking it would be pretty hard to do in a group of approx 100+ people.

If no one else suggests anything beforehand or at the signing I'm heading there afterwards and inviting George if he has the time.

Wolf & Firkin

43 Elm St.

Toronto, ON

M5G 1H1

TEL: (416) 971-6264

FAX: (416) 971-3381

Deciding at the signing is fine if we all manage to bump into each other. I'm thinking it would be pretty hard to do in a group of approx 100+ people.

If no one else suggests anything beforehand or at the signing I'm heading there afterwards and inviting George if he has the time.

OK I will head there too if I can't spot/recognize any BWBers. Can somebody YELL at the end of the gathering if anything else is decided?

forgot to tell you the parking aforementioned is off Victoria St. (2 blocks east of Yonge, just south of Dundas) Sorry.

can someone yell :rofl: I'm trying to convince a friend to let me write bwb on his forehead. I don't think he's going for it :bs:

Thanks for parking info Arwen :D

Uh.... yeah... bwb on my forehead eh? I show you mine if...er... write on mine if you write on yours!! :P

Hi everyone... I'm a new follower of George. Nice to meet you all... :)

Going to see him tonight and get my book signed. Huzzah!

Cheers.

Well then... in that case how about you just ride on my shoulders and your stand outty pants and Nights Watch shirt will be visible to all.

And your little forehead too. :cool:

People will know exactly where to flock then!

*flock flock flock*

Someday, I too will get a Nights Watch shirt... :P... and stand outty pants, maybe.

Well then... in that case how about you just ride on my shoulders and your stand outty pants and Nights Watch shirt will be visible to all.

And your little forehead too. :cool:

People will know exactly where to flock then!

*flock flock flock*

Someday, I too will get a Nights Watch shirt... :P... and stand outty pants, maybe.

You guys are too funny.

We need a banner! Oh but then we wouldn't be the Brotherhood without Banners. Can't win.

How do you pronounce Mich? Is it Missshhh or Mitch as in Robert Mitchum? or maybe Meessshhh?

Archived