Goodkind XXXIX: Legend of the Yeard

Myshkin

We gather here today to say goodbye to that most awesome of ponytail/facial hair combinations: the yeard. The yeard (as opposed to "Yeard", which describes the wearer, and not the hair combo itself) stood stong through 14 years of crap writing, but sadly could not bring itself to face the new age of crap TV. I beg you, my dear Lemming brothers and sisters, do not be angry at the yeard for abandoning us in our greatest time of need, but instead remember the good the yeard brought to this dark world of ours. Remember the yeard for the great hair it was, and not for the liver-spotted baldness it became.

Oh, and remember the rules:

1) No flaming

2) No trolling or inciting others to troll on other boards

3) DO NOT FEED THE (un)YEARD(ed)

Have fun and play nice.

I was thinking it might be a fun exercise if we spent an entire thread doing nothing but applauding the work of ours in perpetual yeardness, Terry Goodkind. An entire thread of talking about what we love about his work (yes, it would be a fictitious thread) and how deep and penetrating his raptor like philosophy is in this modern world.

Just think of all the people asking "what the HELL happened to the goodkind thread?!?"

Ah, to dream.

From the other thread:

[quote name='The Wolf Maid' post='1457971' date='Jul 27 2008, 07.07']Ittai nani ga...

Joanna-chan, y u do this?

(it was wonderful. I was totally laughing like a maniac...while in a computer shop)[/quote]
Writing that was seriously hard. I had to rack my brain for all knowledge of anime tropes and just all the ellipses was... ugh, killer. Too bad I didn't get to toss in more fangirl slang and the Japanese's love of multiple punctuation marks, but oh well.

As for Foreverlad...

What I love about Terry-[i]chan[/i] is that he's written eleven books + one prequel novella of no quality. Now, a lot of authors usually go from hero to zero in their careers, and goodness it's hard to find people who just [i]suck[/i] from the beginning, and continue sucking. God knows Paolini's only planning a four-book tetralogy, Twilight will soon be coming to an end, but T-chan... he's got it [i]made[/i].

Plus I think I've totally figured him out. So the chicken that wasn't a chicken was actually evil manifest. Well, T-chan's writing fantasy that isn't fantasy. So what does that make the [i]Sword of Truth[/i]?

You got it, baby. :devil:

Much to my shame I stayed with the series through Pillars of Creation...I think it was because everything had fallen apart but Jagang was still the biggest bad ass in the multiverse...but when a little waif of a red headed girl had to save his life...it all died for me...

I have never read the last four books in the series...so I am without portfolio and perhaps "Goodkind'' reformed and ended the series as the heroic fantasy it was supposed to be...perhaps he is better than ice cream with peanut butter...but I just cannot pick up those last four books and read them...so he will always be an Objectivist Mystery to me...

I have no meaningful comment for I don't know enough about the matter at hand...

I just wanted to share with you a little project Wyatt and I undertook together over the weekend. We fixed up our old van and gave it a touch of fresh paint. [url="http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/134/oldvan2medbf1.jpg"]Behold the [s]Mystery[/s] Truth Machine.[/url]

[quote name='The Road To Awe' post='1458749' date='Jul 28 2008, 00.41']I just wanted to share with you a little project Wyatt and I undertook together over the weekend. We fixed up our old van and gave it a touch of fresh paint. [url="http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/134/oldvan2medbf1.jpg"]Behold the [s]Mystery[/s] Truth Machine.[/url][/quote]
Okay now I'm [i]really[/i] starting to wonder about you two...

Van looks pretty groovy.

[quote name='Joanna Nox' post='1458761' date='Jul 28 2008, 16.28']Okay now I'm [i]really[/i] starting to wonder about you two...

Van looks pretty groovy.[/quote]
Pshaw. I saw it coming a mile away. :) The whole rivalry bit should have clued you in, Joanna. :)

I love Tairy because his prose make me laugh each day. :)

You know the really lemming thing to do would not to be to trash the TV series. The true lemming thing to do would be to praise the TV show more rabidly then the most insane Truth Fanboi.

The reason is simple. The TV show is going to be radically different from the book in several key ways, as it has to be acceptable for the average eight year old. The most important differences are going to be the absence of adult themes such as hippy killing, and the lack of long Objectivist speeches.

To put it into math terms: Sword of Truth-Goodkind=The Legend of the Seeker.

Thusly it seems to me that the thing to do is to rabidly rant on what a vast improvement over the books it has become.

Think of the comments.

“Wow! WFR is so much better without having to read how much taller then most men Richard is, and how much taller then Richard these men are.”

And so forth.

Now, despite the fact that praising the TV show is the lemming thing to do, Myshkin is bad mouthing it. I take this as proof of what I have believed for years. Myshkin is obviously really Mystar.

Take off the mask Ron and talk to us. You do not have to pretend to spell well or use grammar properly anymore.

The spelling mistake only gives the thread even more amazing beloved character that all your beloved family members can now love and share with you, if they were too busy to read all the other ones.

And I'm still looking for a loli dragon-girl maid to be the mascot for our truth machine. I'm scouting out candidates all over the United States. And on Danbooru.

Soon we'll be ready to tour, and by tour I mean evade police.

[quote name='Shevchyk' post='1458926' date='Jul 28 2008, 09.13']And now, [url="http://www.stuff.co.nz/4631214a1860.html"]some news concerning the television series[/url]. And why its name was changed.[/quote]

If the book is any indication, religious people have [i]far[/i] more to worry about than just Wizards with this.

[quote name='Wyatt' post='1458966' date='Jul 28 2008, 09.51']If the book is any indication, religious people have [i]far[/i] more to worry about than just Wizards with this.[/quote]

Yeah, kind of curious how those religious folk are going to react when the 'Creator' opens up a gateway so Dick and Klan can do the no-pants dance, all pre-marital like.

[quote name='Foreverlad' post='1458994' date='Jul 28 2008, 10.21']Yeah, kind of curious how those religious folk are going to react when the 'Creator' opens up a gateway so Dick and Klan can do the no-pants dance, all pre-marital like.[/quote]

Whose going to play the Mord'Sith...I am interested in red leather...Its to keep the blood from showing...

Compliment the Yeard? Yes, that would certainly cause some confusion. I'm for it.

Only a genius such as Goodkind could conceive of the brilliant, yet unintentional hilarity, that embodies the penis-snatcher scene. To so seamlessly integrate a generic, idealistic and whiny fantasy hero into a Monty Python sketch - and to so smoothly transition between the two that the reader is left unsure as to whether or not s/he is supposed to take it seriously... well, it's nothing short of one of the finest pieces ever written.

I can't wait to see this on the TV show, an find out if Raimi and co. can pull off the same serious yet whimsical feel that the book translates.

All hail the (un)Yeard(ed)!

[quote name='TheKassi' post='1458815' date='Jul 28 2008, 03.41']Now, despite the fact that praising the TV show is the lemming thing to do, Myshkin is bad mouthing it. I take this as proof of what I have believed for years. Myshkin is obviously really Mystar.

Take off the mask Ron and talk to us. You do not have to pretend to spell well or use grammar properly anymore.[/quote]
I'm not badmouthing the series. In fact I'll be hosting SoT parties for every episode. So If you find yourself in Long Beach come November be sure to look me up. As for me being Mystar; well I know how to spell genre (not genera), so I couldn't possibly be him.

[quote name='Erzulie the Unruly' post='1458828' date='Jul 28 2008, 04.02']I think it's in memori[b]a[/b]m.[/quote]
What are you talking about? I would never dream of spelling it in any other way.

[quote name='Myshkin' post='1459762' date='Jul 28 2008, 19.46']I'm not badmouthing the series. In fact I'll be hosting SoT parties for every episode. So If you find yourself in Long Beach come November be sure to look me up. As for me being Mystar; well I know how to spell genre (not genera), so I couldn't possibly be him.

What are you talking about? I would never dream of spelling it in any other way.[/quote]

I don't know Myshkin, sounds like a Sting fan to me. :P

Archived