Goodkind XXXIX: Legend of the Yeard

Myshkin

[quote name='Andhaira' post='1534248' date='Sep 28 2008, 11.03']Well I do think its about time fora new thread. But what will itbe called? Enter the Yeard? Revenge of the Yeard? Yeard's First Rule? The Yeard that is not a Yeard?[/quote]

In honour of his detective novel why not "A blonde Yeard walked into my office"?

[quote name='The Shining Enigma' post='1531671' date='Sep 25 2008, 15.08'][font="Book Antiqua"][size=3]Let that exultant emissary - the great Goodkind - send forth deeply-penetrating messages of inspiring Truth in whatever form he so chooses; his iron gift is mightier than most swords. [/size][/font][/quote]
Penetrating, huh :leer:

[quote name='Andhaira' post='1534248' date='Sep 28 2008, 04.03']Well I do think its about time fora new thread. But what will itbe called? Enter the Yeard? Revenge of the Yeard? Yeard's First Rule? The Yeard that is not a Yeard?[/quote]

Well, it's not quite time yet. And the rate we're going with this one, we might be in time for the show's premiere...from which I sense there will be much material to choose from. :P

[quote name='Jaxom 1974' post='1534771' date='Sep 28 2008, 20.29']Well, it's not quite time yet. And the rate we're going with this one, we might be in time for the show's premiere...from which I sense there will be much material to choose from. :P[/quote]

:D

True! Even if only 1 full season is ever aired, that will be enough to grant the Yeard immortality on these here forums.

I just hope they open the episode with a closeup of the odd looking vine. I really, really want to know what an odd looking vine looks like.

Odd, isn't it?

[quote name='Andhaira' post='1535469' date='Sep 29 2008, 18.31']I just hope they open the episode with a closeup of the odd looking vine. I really, really want to know what an odd looking vine looks like.[/quote]
Maybe the vine has eyes and had a tragic accident. :pirate:

[quote name='Gormenghast' post='1529860' date='Sep 24 2008, 11.22']This is coming up too often, and too often people don't even take it the right way.

Goodkind says gang-rape is democracy in action and everyone then assumes that he says gang-rape is good.

Not.

He is criticizing the way we see democracy. His point means that a democracy doesn't always mean good things and error and guilt free. Quite the opposite, it can be responsible of the worst crimes and goes unpunished because "everyone agrees".[/quote]
A little late, but here goes:

I think you have completely misinterpreted what people have been saying about this Tairy comment. Nobody, and I mean nobody, thinks Tairy is trying to say gang-rape is good. We all know that Tairy's point with this comment is to criticize democracy as he sees it; many people on this board even agree with the point he's trying to make. What we are making fun of is the [i]way[/i] in which he chose to express this opinion. There is no reason to use rape in the analogy. The fact is that Tairy writes and speaks about rape [i]very[/i] often. This is what we are making fun of.

As to Tairy's point: Tairy appearently believe that we are living in a pure democracy, in which case he would be right. But we are not living in a pure democracy; most democratic countries are democratic republics, in which case there are systems set up to make sure the strong (majority) do not dominate the weak (minority) by vitue of a simple vote.

[quote name='Myshkin' post='1540516' date='Oct 2 2008, 22.05']As to Tairy's point: Tairy appearently believe that we are living in a pure democracy, in which case he would be right. But we are not living in a pure democracy; most democratic countries are democratic republics, in which case there are systems set up to make sure the strong (majority) do not dominate the weak (minority) by vitue of a simple vote.[/quote]
Not to be discordant, but show me a single Democracy which can be described as "gang rape in action". All democracies I can recall, will have a constitution, laws, systems to protect the minority etc. You give "the yeard who isn't a yeard (anymore)" to much credit :tantrum:

[quote name='OverHill' post='1540619' date='Oct 2 2008, 14.26']Not to be discordant, but show me a single Democracy which can be described as "gang rape in action". All democracies I can recall, will have a constitution, laws, systems to protect the minority etc. You give "the yeard who isn't a yeard (anymore)" to much credit :tantrum:[/quote]
I believe that was the point of the second paragraph of my post.

ANyone have any juicy details regarding goodkinds next epic? Is it really a detective novel set in america?

Lol let me guess, the villains will be 'colored' people from the Middle East or Africa or something who will try to detonante a nuclear device in America. The American govt at the time will be peace loving and, like all peace lovers in goodkind tales will be show to be stupid, and dumb.

It will be up to the detective, and his love interest to save the day! Much rape scenes will also be involved.

[quote name='Andhaira' post='1541445' date='Oct 3 2008, 02.36']ANyone have any juicy details regarding goodkinds next epic? Is it really a detective novel set in america?

Lol let me guess, the villains will be 'colored' people from the Middle East or Africa or something who will try to detonante a nuclear device in America. The American govt at the time will be peace loving and, like all peace lovers in goodkind tales will be show to be stupid, and dumb.

It will be up to the detective, and his love interest to save the day! Much rape scenes will also be involved.[/quote]
Whoa, it's like you have an advance reading copy or something. I would be very surprised if Tairy's new "novel" doesn't turn out [i]exactly[/i] as you have described it.

[quote name='kuenjato' post='1542180' date='Oct 3 2008, 15.52']I checked some of the political forums out over at tg.net.

Naturally, they support Palin. My* was crowing over fauxnews polling :rolleyes:[/quote]
Off topic, I turned on fox news last night to see what shenanigans they were getting up to; it's amazing how their polls can somehow say the exact opposite of every other poll taken.

Tairy's new detective novel wont be about a detective, or his gun, but about the fact that he is a TRUE HERO, people want to see TRUE HEROS, and I can quote mystar and Tairy himself on this. This is the reason why aSoIaF HBO series will never happen, so says mystar, is that there are no TRUE HEROS. It's truly sad for us fans, if only GRRM knew how to write about TRUE HEROS. Ah well.

Since every government is handing out money like candy like a pederast to an 8 year old, what would Dick and ye ol' Ayn think of this?
Isnt Atlas shrugged not about the captains of industry bailing out on the leachers? And arent the leachers now pumping in 700 billion to save the boats?

Dick would probably give a 9 hour speech with at the conclusion all stock indexes worldwide would be up a gazillion points.

Any lemming thoughts?

Archived