Packing for Denver

Teri

Teri, that dress looks fabulous. Looking at some of the gear even the winners wear*, I think you'll be just fine.

Frosty - do you have an actual membership? They'll give you a name tag when you collect your program and suchlike. You don't have to create your own if you don't want to. (Just as an FYI, I imagine that a number of the names you'll see on nametags will be pseudonyms, or outright fakes. Some use LiveJournal/blog/board names, some use SCA/LARP personae, some just make stuff up. I, for example, am reliving past glory and using a variation on "Darkstar". :P)

* (Edited only because I forgot my note the first time around.) I would have guessed that the nominees/winners would be the most dressed up (formal or not), but I've seen pictures of people dressed in things from polo shirts to business suits to tuxedos and ballgowns. Neil Gaiman appears to have been wearing a T-shirt, albeit under a leather jacket, when he got his at TorCon in 2003.

[quote name='Lucreefzia Borgia' post='1468645' date='Aug 5 2008, 04.24']Neil Gaiman appears to have been wearing a T-shirt, albeit under a leather jacket, when he got his at TorCon in 2003.[/quote]
I've gone to see Neil half a dozen times and that is his official uniform.

[quote name='Lucreefzia Borgia' post='1468645' date='Aug 5 2008, 04.24']I, for example, am reliving past glory and using a variation on "Darkstar". :P[/quote]

I will be LacyinTX....

'cause I am creative like that. :P

(In all honesty, I was going to swap to Lucreefzia Borgia, since I ended up not changing my screen name here before leaving, but they had already closed online changes when I tried. My current badge name makes me feel a bit SCA-ish, but whatever. I don't care enough to have them print a new one when I arrive. :P)

[quote name='Lucreefzia Borgia' post='1468936' date='Aug 5 2008, 10.28']Nah. I decided my next screenname will probably be based around Eleanor of Acquitaine, so my badge has (a total bastardisation of) Occitan -- Alienor, l'estela escuresina.

ETA: Besides, I went for "Trev Dayne" last time, so how much more Dorkstar can you get? :P[/quote]

WTF.. Eefa!
quit changing names!
I totally thought you were someone else. I thought Lucretia96 had decided to update her handle....
:(

I mean now that I look close I see the EEF in there but still...
sigh

Archived