Denver Photo Thread

zakalwe7

[quote name='Ran' post='1473711' date='Aug 9 2008, 10.14']Jumping the gun on NHAW? That has to be some sort of technical foul![/quote]

Hey, you gotta get it where you can... now... I just have to hope that Malt actually sends ME the picture!

;)

[quote name='Teri' post='1473708' date='Aug 9 2008, 18.04'](There are pictures of me dancing in my lingerie taken Thursday night, but I kept my bra and panties on.)[/quote]

This IS the picture thread you know. ;)

[quote name='Teri' post='1473708' date='Aug 9 2008, 09.04']Somehow, I don't know how it happened, [b]Lucky[/b] Pierre managed to pick up one of our pizzas right away with no waiting, but the others were still in the oven.[/quote]
Wow. He is lucky. But then again, he was also the first to be photographed naked. It all evens out I suppose. :)

[quote name='Teri' post='1473708' date='Aug 9 2008, 11.04']We first timers were sent on a quest for pizza from a particular place (I think it was called Blancos) a little over a mile from the hotel. Since it was easy to catch cabs from the hotel, we piled into one shuttle bus cab and one regular taxi to get there, although three decided to walk. We phoned and ordered the pizzas while we were en route.

Somehow, I don't know how it happened, Lucky Pierre managed to pick up one of our pizzas right away with no waiting, but the others were still in the oven. He got back in the shuttle cab while it was still there, along with three random non-BwB party attendees who had decided to go on the quest just for the hell of it, and they headed back to the party.

The rest of us stayed waiting for our pizzas to cook, and phoned for enough taxis to take the 11 of us back. Well, we waited and waited. Finally after about 25 minutes of waiting we just decided to walk back ourselves, which took about another 25 minutes.

So LP got back from the quest quite a while before the rest of us. When we arrived, we found that in the interim, after being knighted by George, he had stripped naked and put on a hat and got the first NHAW 2009 picture taken. I think it was Maltaran who took the picture, but Dracarys also witnessed this. Apparently it was not real public, though, I'm not sure exactly where the picture was taken.

(There are pictures of me dancing in my lingerie taken Thursday night, but I kept my bra and panties on.)[/quote]

Just to clarify what happened with the quest... The group were standing around outside the hotel. I used the handy dandy iPhone to locate the pizza place and went across the street where the taxi stand was, got a van and yelled across the street for someone-anyone to come on along. They all just stared at me. Finally 5 n00bs came running over-two fell in the street and piled into the cab. By then I think the group figured out that we should take cabs instead of walking. Not sure. Showed the cabbie the directions and off we went.

We we got there, they said they were totally backed up and that it would be a couple HOURS before we could get our pizzas. Of course they were backed up because of the pizzas ordered by the other group. So, seing our sad faces he offered to sell us the cheese pizza he had just pulled out to sell as slices. So that is the pizza we took. I had the foresight to ask our cabbie to wait for us. So we took that pie. I made the n00bs pay for it and we piled back into the cab and returned to the hotel. 20 minutes tops.

Everyone was pretty shocked that we got back so quickly. I was pretty shocked as well. Anyway, George wanted to get things moving so he knighted us and we just hung out until the other group made it back.

All good! But we didn't steal Teri's pizza. ;)

Oh and the picture was taken in the bathroom of course... :)

[quote name='Ran' post='1473943' date='Aug 9 2008, 16.34']Remarkable adventuring, to manage the quest so quickly.

So what's the official title of this august order? Knights of the Pizza? Heh.[/quote]

Knights of the Tomato Pie

:)

[quote name='The Iceman of the North' post='1473360' date='Aug 9 2008, 08.13']Here's some of [url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/icemannorth/sets/72157606617692999/"]my pics[/url], not with comments yet.[/quote]
Thanks Ice that was great :)

Same for the others who have posted pics.

So Melbourne in 2010 who is going to be there?
I will be even if it clashs with something else.

[quote name='gryphon strike' post='1474134' date='Aug 9 2008, 21.08']Thanks Ice that was great :)

Same for the others who have posted pics.

So Melbourne in 2010 who is going to be there?
I will be even if it clashs with something else.[/quote]

I'm going to try. George I speculated at dinner what the airfare might be by then... $2-3K from the US was what we arrived at. :dunno:

Don't forget Montreal next year! I'll be there too!

Did everyone get their pictures taken with the bigass tractors outside the Convention Center? We walked past yesterday and were vastly amused to see that they were still there from a farm show earlier in the week. (We were in town to see the last day of a show at the Limited addiction gallery and swung by just to see if the dealer's room was open to the public, which it sadly did not appear to be.) I wonder how many badly behaved people in costumes climbed on them when security wasn't around...

[quote name='Lord O' Bones' post='1474348' date='Aug 10 2008, 09.28']This whole "Con" thing sounds just like being in the Navy,* but everyone is older and wiser.

*Enlisted. My apologies Nora... I mean Ma'am.[/quote]

Damn right. I spent a month on an "enlisted cruise" and it was the fucking best month ever. Still trying to live down my reputation from that though. :blush:

[quote name='Lany Cassandra' post='1472155' date='Aug 8 2008, 00.29']Dunny Dear, how can I possibly PM you and tell you how cute you are if your in-box is full?

:)

(of course this might be a good thing as I am sure the PM I wrote would have embarrassed us both :blush: )[/quote]

Sorry dear, didn't have a chance to check the board and clean my PM box till now. :)And it still needs a lot of cleaning. Thanks for the love anyway and sorry I couldn't meet you this time.

Archived