Worldcon Reports

Ran

[quote name='serMountainGoat' post='1477468' date='Aug 13 2008, 00.27']You want a con Report?

I got The Con Report for ya.

Read it all here in this Word Document (cos otherwise it would be too massive to post here)

[url="http://www.philliplowles.co.uk/gallery/worldcon2008.doc"]MG's Worldcon 2008 Report[/url]

[i][b]Read and enjoy yourself![/b][/i][/quote]
Well, I skimmed it at least. :) Sounds like you really enjoyed being in a room with three ladies. :P Thanks for putting all that work into your report. You're quite dedicated.

Some mostly self-serving corrections, goatse:

I was made a Prince (it goes Knight, Lord, Prince, King, whatever the hell Pod is. I think we now have two Kings and a Queen. I think Stego was officially created the new Baron, though I could be wrong on that).
Also, I helped Katie make the stickers.
Also also, I did work the bar for a little while on Saturday as well.
Mr. X came up with the Murder Hole idea.
Saturday's punch was called the Kid Dinosaur Memorial Punch. Never forget!

Fuck me, that was an epic report, MG.

One minor clarification: The Tickler wasn't the Brotherhood Without Manners guy, just some guy we were shouting enjoy yourself at and who took offense at it.

Its a better story if it was the Tickler though :(

Kat you should probably read that, you're in it, like a lot.

Potsherds - [i]quite[/i] dedicated? You have [i]quite[/i] the talent for understatement :P

Thanks for the clarifications Yags, clearly no one man can no it all :(

Thanks GoN - my misunderstanding

I will make corrections and additions tomorrow including a full report of Saturday and what I saw/heard of Sunday. If there are any other good stories missing from the report let me know and I will add them in too :)

[quote name='Nitrao' post='1477477' date='Aug 12 2008, 19.36']so strange to read a post that starts with me at the beginning....

after i left you i got on the airplane. at 2 hours delay, if there is a curse, i blame you for not waiting for me to be on a plane until you said any thing about this forum. anyhow i think it was worth it. looks like a good forum. thnx for the inv'

The Nebi[/quote]

Welcome to the boards, Nitrao!

[quote name='Nitrao' post='1477477' date='Aug 12 2008, 19.36']"Okay, I'm too tired to do anything constructive this evening, so I'll whine about our flight:

-We got to the airport with no trouble, and even split the cost of the cab with a GRRM fan from Israel. We had a good conversation and pimped the boards and the BWB to him."

so strange to read a post that starts with me at the beginning....

after i left you i got on the airplane. at 2 hours delay, if there is a curse, i blame you for not waiting for me to be on a plane until you said any thing about this forum. anyhow i think it was worth it. looks like a good forum. thnx for the inv'

The Nebi[/quote]

:cheers: Welcome to the board! And can you please fill out your "about me" so I can stalk your profile? Thanks muchly! :thumbsup:

[quote name='serMountainGoat' post='1477527' date='Aug 13 2008, 01.20']Kat you should probably read that, you're in it, like a lot.

Potsherds - [i]quite[/i] dedicated? You have [i]quite[/i] the talent for understatement :P

Thanks for the clarifications Yags, clearly no one man can no it all :(

Thanks GoN - my misunderstanding

I will make corrections and additions tomorrow including a full report of Saturday and what I saw/heard of Sunday. If there are any other good stories missing from the report let me know and I will add them in too :)[/quote]

Great report MG.

Do you think it would be okay to reprint the bit about Sanderson on one of the WoT boards? There's some very interesting stuff in there I hadn't heard before.

[quote name='Nitrao' post='1477477' date='Aug 12 2008, 19.36']"Okay, I'm too tired to do anything constructive this evening, so I'll whine about our flight:

-We got to the airport with no trouble, and even split the cost of the cab with a GRRM fan from Israel. We had a good conversation and pimped the boards and the BWB to him."

so strange to read a post that starts with me at the beginning....

The Nebi[/quote]

Welcome to the boards!

Jaysus motherfucking Christ, MG, that was epic.

for the record, the Great and Powerful Turtle cocktail was vodka, limeade, triple sec, midori, topped up with sprite. The Kid Dinosaur Memorial Punch (Never Forget!) was vodka, pineapple-orange juice, midori (more than the first night), triple sec (less than the first night), topped up with sprite. A citrus drink and a melon drink. :)

Enjoy yourself!

[quote name='Xray the Enforcer' post='1477597' date='Aug 12 2008, 19.12']Jaysus motherfucking Christ, MG, that was epic.

for the record, the Great and Powerful Turtle cocktail was vodka, limeade, triple sec, midori, topped up with sprite. The Kid Dinosaur Memorial Punch (Never Forget!) was vodka, pineapple-orange juice, midori (more than the first night), triple sec (less than the first night), topped up with sprite. A citrus drink and a melon drink. :)

Enjoy yourself![/quote]

Both drinks were good, but the second drink seriously made me want to brush my teeth after every cup. It's a real plaque-builder. :uhoh: Needed some salty things to offset the sweetness. I think I'm getting over girly drinks...

[quote name='Kat' post='1477674' date='Aug 13 2008, 05.14']Both drinks were good, but the second drink seriously made me want to brush my teeth after every cup. It's a real plaque-builder. :uhoh: Needed some salty things to offset the sweetness. I think I'm getting over girly drinks...[/quote]
I can't vouch for the second drink, but the first drink was a little [i]too[/i] good. I liked it so much I drank too much of it too fast. :blush:

[quote name='Yagathai' post='1477679' date='Aug 12 2008, 21.22']Our Kat is growing up! =D[/quote]

Our Kat normally drinks whiskey, but nonetheless cannot resist sweet fruity things when offered. :cheers:

I just read the whole report and I wanted to add some stuff...that whipping guy was the same one with the complicated gold ear chain and shiny shirt who was engaging some of us in seriously long, boring, slightly creepy conversations on Saturday. I think MG, Soph, and Real Writer Guy (tm) rescued me from him more than one time. (Why do all the con weirdos I meet have to be from my city? Seriously, what's up with that?)

I guess he was more interesting when being whipped, but if you see him again, run away before he starts talking.

[quote name='Werthead' post='1477561' date='Aug 13 2008, 02.22']Great report MG.

Do you think it would be okay to reprint the bit about Sanderson on one of the WoT boards? There's some very interesting stuff in there I hadn't heard before.[/quote]
Sure no problem

Brandon also had a panel the following morning on Wrapping up the WoT but it was 10 am and I was not getting up that early :P

I know Snowleo planned to go to that one, not sure if anyone else did, or if he said anything else new and interesting.

Archived