MAFIA 56 - Barbie World

House Targaryen

[quote name='Miss Aquamarine' post='1488563' date='Aug 21 2008, 04.36']I find it mildly interesting* that Hard Rock and Medusa are tying me and Sumatra together when it was actually Sumatra reaching out to Medusa, or me reaching out to Medusa, but most definitely not me or Sumatra reaching out to each other.

[b]Medusa[/b] on the slight chance that one of these might be a symp clue (I'm trying to be objective here) and Snakey was being a bit overdefensive.[/quote]I think you were being even more overdefensive, [b]Miss Aquamarine[/b].

Good morning dolls!

I think I'm suspicious of [b]Sumatra-Indonesia[/b], she vote-hops rather weirdly:

[quote name='Sumatra-Indonesia' post='1488039' date='Aug 20 2008, 23.08']I don't know what Haute Couture is, so [b]Tarina Tarantino[/b] it is.[/quote]

[quote name='Sumatra-Indonesia' post='1488050' date='Aug 20 2008, 23.14']What do you have to say to that [b]Showgirl[/b]?[/quote]

[quote name='Sumatra-Indonesia' post='1488139' date='Aug 21 2008, 00.39']Wait, that's the wrong person. :dunce: [b]Toujurs Coulture[/b] or however the hell you spell it.

ETA: Oops I voted again after that. Oh well, I don't feel like changing again.

ETA2: No it's not. I am being stupid. Whatever. :sleep:[/quote]

And she's inconsistent:

[quote name='Sumatra-Indonesia' post='1488210' date='Aug 21 2008, 01.32']That's right. Even if I'm innocent, I don't WANT Ken back!!! I'm not saying what my allegiance is.[/quote]

[quote name='Sumatra-Indonesia' post='1488242' date='Aug 21 2008, 02.09']I'm bi. I love threesomes. Why would I do away with Ken? The more the better![/quote]

If she's a bi and loves threesomes (which despite Seinfield's opinion is rather slutty if you ask me...) then why doesn't she want Ken back? She seems as if she's making it up as she goes along...

I've made a list of other things we should factor in when looking for the Bad Barbies:

a) Colour of hair: blonde is good, non-blonde is bad, brunette is specially bad.

B) Colour of dress: pink, white, pastel or shiny/sparkly is good, other colours are bad, black is specially bad.

c) Colour of background: white is good, dark is bad.

d) Name: Barbies named after historical/mythical villains are more likely to be bad.

e) Accesories: hand-bags and puppies are good, mobile-phones are bad, sabres or electric guitars are specially bad. Hats are good, bandannas are bad.

f) Afections: disney movie/platonic love is good, lesbian is bad, bi is worse, having a free-minded attitude towards sex is bad, lusting over Ken in an excessively physical way is bad.

[quote name='Tarina Tarantino' post='1488649' date='Aug 21 2008, 07.45']Good morning dolls!

I think I'm suspicious of Sumatra-Indonesia, she vote-hops rather weirdly:

And she's inconsistent:

If she's a bi and loves threesomes (which despite Seinfield's opinion is rather slutty if you ask me...) then why doesn't she want Ken back? She seems as if she's making it up as she goes along...

I've made a list of other things we should factor in when looking for the Bad Barbies:

a) Colour of hair: blonde is good, non-blonde is bad, brunette is specially bad.

B) Colour of dress: pink, white, pastel or shiny/sparkly is good, other colours are bad, black is specially bad.

c) Colour of background: white is good, dark is bad.

d) Name: Barbies named after historical/mythical villains are more likely to be bad.

e) Accesories: hand-bags and puppies are good, mobile-phones are bad, sabres or electric guitars are specially bad. Hats are good, bandannas are bad.

f) Afections: disney movie/platonic love is good, lesbian is bad, bi is worse, having a free-minded attitude towards sex is bad, lusting over Ken in an excessively physical way is bad.[/quote]

This was just confusing, but I am not sure if it made me more suspicious of Sumatra-Indonesia or of Tarina Tarantino. :o

[quote name='Miss Aquamarine' post='1488563' date='Aug 20 2008, 23.36']I find it mildly interesting* that Hard Rock and Medusa are tying me and Sumatra together when it was actually Sumatra reaching out to Medusa, or me reaching out to Medusa, but most definitely not me or Sumatra reaching out to each other.

[b]Medusa[/b] on the slight chance that one of these might be a symp clue (I'm trying to be objective here) and Snakey was being a bit overdefensive.

[i]*Only very mildly because we all know that the symp clues we find are not the symp clues that actually exist. :P[/i][/quote]

I think you misunderstood my post. I was saying Hard Rock was reaching with that statement. the "too" was meant to be the people who have admiited to being bi or lesbian already.

It is day 1.

15 players remain: Black Canary, Hard Rock Cafe, Helly Kitty, Jazz Diva, Medusa, Miss Aquamarine, Pepper, Preferably Pink, Sleepytime Gal, Sumatra-Indonesia, Supergirl, Tarina Tarantino, The Pirate, The Showgirl, Toujours Couture.

8 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

3 votes for Toujours Couture (Tarina Tarantino, Sumatra-Indonesia, Black Canary)
1 vote for Hard Rock Cafe (Miss Aquamarine)
1 vote for Medusa (Pepper)
1 vote for Miss Aquamarine (The Showgirl)
1 vote for Pepper (Sleepytime Gal)
1 vote for Preferably Pink (Medusa)
1 vote for Sleepytime Gal (Toujours Couture)
1 vote for The Showgirl (Jazz Diva)

5 players have not voted: Hard Rock Cafe, Helly Kitty, Preferably Pink, Supergirl, The Pirate.

[quote name='Miss Aquamarine' post='1488320' date='Aug 20 2008, 18.23']Please tell me at least ONE OTHER plastic Barbie doll knows what I am talking about, just so I don't feel obsolete.[/quote]

No help from here I'm afraid.

[quote name='Sleepytime Gal' post='1488750' date='Aug 21 2008, 05.05']Just 10 hours left in the day, and the pace of the game is far from satisfying. :smash:

My preffered lynches would be Pepper and Aqua for being suspicious, and Sumatra for not knowing what Haute conture is.[/quote]

Well it may just be me but I am even more unable to get a handle on anyone's suspiciousness than I would be on a normal day one. I'll reread I guess but I don't expect to find anything cos I don't really know what I would expect the baddies to be doing at this stage.

Anyway that may explain the slowness, or it could just be because it's the middle of summer (or winter*) so people are busy with other things.

*[i]waves to (fellow) antipodeans[/i].

[quote name='Toujours Couture' post='1488769' date='Aug 21 2008, 05.30']Well it may just be me but I am even more unable to get a handle on anyone's suspiciousness than I would be on a normal day one. I'll reread I guess but I don't expect to find anything cos I don't really know what I would expect the baddies to be doing at this stage.[/quote]
That's not the cause. That's the product. Now let's start posting and accusing people, since the time is not on our side. It's natural not to have strong suspicions after 100 RP posts.
[quote]Anyway that may explain the slowness, or it could just be because it's the middle of summer (or winter*) so people are busy with other things.[/quote]
This is the most likely cause, but is also unacceptable.

Yes ok Sleepy, in the spirit of your exhortation I shall vote for [b]Sumatra-Indonesia[/b] - she has posted more than any of us so clearly a) is around and willing to post and B) is not going to be considered a prime suspect for middle-of-the-roading. However since it benefits the innocents to get serious as soon as we can, her lack of pushing the conversation into seriousness sooner may possibly make her more likely to be evil. Plus it's better to put a vote on a high poster even if it's not best to actually lynch one as it should get the conversation going.

For future reference, this is a serious vote, but it is also a vote on what I admit to be thin premises which is inevitable given the early stage in the game.

[quote name='Sleepytime Gal' post='1488750' date='Aug 21 2008, 08.05']Just 10 hours left in the day, and the pace of the game is far from satisfying. :smash:

My preffered lynches would be Pepper and Aqua for being suspicious, and Sumatra for not knowing what Haute conture is.[/quote]

Can you be a little more specific in why you find Pepper and Aqua suspicious?

[quote name='Toujours Couture' post='1488830' date='Aug 21 2008, 09.30']Yes ok Sleepy, in the spirit of your exhortation I shall vote for [b]Sumatra-Indonesia[/b] - she has posted more than any of us so clearly a) is around and willing to post and B) is not going to be considered a prime suspect for middle-of-the-roading. However since it benefits the innocents to get serious as soon as we can, her lack of pushing the conversation into seriousness sooner may possibly make her more likely to be evil. Plus it's better to put a vote on a high poster even if it's not best to actually lynch one as it should get the conversation going.

For future reference, this is a serious vote, but it is also a vote on what I admit to be thin premises which is inevitable given the early stage in the game.[/quote]
I think voting for the highest poster is a good plan. They will have a reaction, and sooner rather than later, because they post a lot. When they say "they", they mean "I".

If I was an evil barbie, I would be around the middle of posts. Of course, that's what most smart people would do, and other smart people would be suspicious of the middle posters. Of course, there's a lot of middle posters, so it's a nice safe place to be. Not right in the middle, but close-ish.

I am not going to be considered a prime suspect for middle-of-the-roading? Me, who changed my vote three times? Are you serious? Maybe you didn't mean to put that "not" in there.

Here's my explanation for all the vote changing that I did. I was bored and wanted something to happen, and hoped that the people who I voted for would do something interesting. My plan pretty much failed. I voted for two people that way. Then later, I went back, and saw a reference to TC in TT's post, and thought I meant to vote for TC. So I changed my vote to TC, but then I found out that I actually had a) voted for TT correctly and B) voted again after that.

[quote name='Medusa' post='1488837' date='Aug 21 2008, 06.35']Can you be a little more specific in why you find Pepper and Aqua suspicious?[/quote]
Sure.

Pepper's last post is completely useless and middle of the road. Enough to ganer some suspicion in such a slow and contentless game.

Aqua:[quote name='Miss Aquamarine' post='1488563' date='Aug 20 2008, 20.36']I find it mildly interesting* that Hard Rock and Medusa are tying me and Sumatra together when it was actually Sumatra reaching out to Medusa, or me reaching out to Medusa, but most definitely not me or Sumatra reaching out to each other.[/quote]
[quote name='Miss Aquamarine' post='1488590' date='Aug 20 2008, 21.25']Define overdefensive.

If you would have said I was reaching, I'd get it. If you would have said I was trying to manufacture connections, I'd own up to it. I'm deflecting attention? Sure - I can totally see that.

Over defensive? Never :P[/quote]
To me, these posts indicate a baddie being accused for the wrong reasons, getting irritated by it. I was in a simmilar situation myself a few times. Plus, her posts seem forced to me-I guess you could call it bad vibes.

[quote name='Sumatra-Indonesia' post='1488921' date='Aug 21 2008, 07.44']If I was an evil barbie, I would be around the middle of posts. Of course, that's what most smart people would do, and other smart people would be suspicious of the middle posters. Of course, there's a lot of middle posters, so it's a nice safe place to be. Not right in the middle, but close-ish.[/quote]
This simply yells BS and makes you a whole lot more suspicious because:

1) 'What I would do as a baddie is completely different from what I'm doing now' is a statement whose validity can't be checked and is more often used by baddies. Sadly, sometimes it's perceived as valid defense, but I take it as an indicator of guilt.

2) Number of the posts is usually the same regardless of the alignment. It only depends on the player's style and time available.

ETA: Spelling.

[quote name='Sleepytime Gal' post='1488991' date='Aug 21 2008, 11.14']This simply yells BS and makes you a whole lot more suspicious because:

1) 'What I would do as a baddie is completely different from what I'm doing now' is a statement whose validity can't be checked and is more often use by baddies. Sadly, sometimes it's perceived as valid defense, but I take it as an indicator of guilt.

2) Number of the posts is usually the same regardless of the alignment. It only depends on the player's style and available time.[/quote]
Well the second one is indeed true. However, because occasionally people are lynched based on post count, the safest place to be is in the middle. However, in actuality, FM vary greatly in post count.

[quote name='Medusa' post='1488737' date='Aug 21 2008, 13.47']I think you misunderstood my post. I was saying Hard Rock was reaching with that statement. the "too" was meant to be the people who have admitted to being bi or lesbian already.[/quote]

I didn't misunderstand, actually. I just thought that you and Diva were the same person for a while. Diva, Sumatra and I were connected via 'symp' posts and then you step in and say Hard Rock was reaching. If it would have been Diva who said what you did, (saying you think [i]they[/i] (i.e. not me, Medusa, are lesbians too) after being implicated by Hard Rock, I think anyone would think it would be a bit defensive. But since it was you who said it and you weren't involved at all until then, it's not a suspicious statement.

Does this make any sense? I already admitted that my original post accusing Medusa makes zero sense. Does no one read?

Archived