MAFIA 56 - Barbie World

House Targaryen

[quote name='Sumatra-Indonesia' post='1489000' date='Aug 21 2008, 08.17']Well the second one is indeed true. However, because occasionally people are lynched based on post count, the safest place to be is in the middle. However, in actuality, FM vary greatly in post count.[/quote]
People are never lynched for being top posters, just for being the lowest posters. Middle is the safest place to be only in multi-factioned games, according to the CB, which cannot be applied to this game as there are, I believe, only 2 factions.

And, since you've admitted that the FM vary in post count, why did you bring it up in the first place?

[quote name='Sleepytime Gal' post='1489067' date='Aug 21 2008, 11.37']People are never lynched for being top posters, just for being the lowest posters. Middle is the safest place to be only in multi-factioned games, according to the CB, which cannot be applied to this game as there are, I believe, only 2 factions.

And, since you've admitted that the FM vary in post count, why did you bring it up in the first place?[/quote]
The FM vary in post count, but some people don't BELIEVE they do, and if they ACTUALLY vary in post count but people get lynched for BELIEVING that FM don't vary in post count, then post count matters.

Newb question: What's CB?

[quote name='Medusa' post='1488524' date='Aug 20 2008, 21.59'](really, has this ever worked out where a symp clue was REALLY a symp clue?)[/quote]
Once.

This post from Tarina Tarantino bothered me as well.
[quote name='Tarina Tarantino' post='1488649' date='Aug 21 2008, 01.45']Good morning dolls!

I think I'm suspicious of [b]Sumatra-Indonesia[/b], she vote-hops rather weirdly:

And she's inconsistent:[/quote]
She starts off serious and makes some moderately not terrible points (for day 1). But then:
[quote name='Tarina Tarantino' post='1488649' date='Aug 21 2008, 01.45']If she's a bi and loves threesomes (which despite Seinfield's opinion is rather slutty if you ask me...) then why doesn't she want Ken back? She seems as if she's making it up as she goes along...

I've made a list of other things we should factor in when looking for the Bad Barbies:
a) Colour of hair: blonde is good, non-blonde is bad, brunette is specially bad.
B) Colour of dress: pink, white, pastel or shiny/sparkly is good, other colours are bad, black is specially bad.
c) Colour of background: white is good, dark is bad.
d) Name: Barbies named after historical/mythical villains are more likely to be bad.
e) Accesories: hand-bags and puppies are good, mobile-phones are bad, sabres or electric guitars are specially bad. Hats are good, bandannas are bad.
f) Afections: disney movie/platonic love is good, lesbian is bad, bi is worse, having a free-minded attitude towards sex is bad, lusting over Ken in an excessively physical way is bad.[/quote]
Comes up with this big long list that completely overrides anything that she had said before. I'm not sure what her purpose is, but it does bother me. [b]Tarina Tarantino[/b]

[quote name='Sleepytime Gal' post='1488728' date='Aug 21 2008, 06.35']It was a joke. Why so middle of the road[b] Pepper[/b]?[/quote]
Why are you defending someone else? Do you know something about them the rest of us don't?

[quote name='Sleepytime Gal' post='1489067' date='Aug 21 2008, 10.37']People are never lynched for being top posters, just for being the lowest posters. Middle is the safest place to be only in multi-factioned games, according to the CB, which cannot be applied to this game as there are, I believe, only 2 factions.

And, since you've admitted that the FM vary in post count, why did you bring it up in the first place?[/quote]
Safest to avoid night actions...not so much for avoiding lynches as anyone who has been lynched while being beaten over the head with Cerwyn's Bible can attest (well, if they were still alive).

Other thoughts on Tarina's posts or Sleepytime's defense?

[quote name='Sumatra-Indonesia' post='1489108' date='Aug 21 2008, 10.44']Newb question: What's CB?[/quote]
Eh, this is a [url="http://mafia.perendination.com/wiki/index.php?title=Cerwyn%27s_Bible"]decent description [/url]. Basically with two evil factions, evils need to be concerned about NKs (or conversions or their brainses getting etted) so they refrain from taking too much of a leadership role and from being too strong on any case (in case it is another evil).

[quote name='Sumatra-Indonesia' post='1489161' date='Aug 21 2008, 10.57']Ah, Cerwyn's Bible.

I am going to vote [b]Tarantino[/b], because the case on her is fairly decent and Couture hasn't done anything that's very suspicious.[/quote]
What do you find suspicious about Tarantino?

[quote name='Sumatra-Indonesia' post='1489108' date='Aug 21 2008, 08.44']The FM vary in post count, but some people don't BELIEVE they do, and if they ACTUALLY vary in post count but people get lynched for BELIEVING that FM don't vary in post count, then post count matters.[/quote]
Who the f**k doesn't believe that the FM vary in post count? :stunned:

There is, of course, a typical silent FM profile, but the main reason the low posters get lynched for is their unproductiveness and a bad chance to get a read on them. Chances of hitting a FM are just slightly above random. Compared with some M-o-t-R behaviour though, it can lead to decent results. But I sincerely doubt that there is anyone around as dumb as to think that the FM don't vary in post count.
[quote]Newb question: What's CB?[/quote]
CB is Cerwyn's Bible, developed in game 3something by WJ as Cerwyn. It says that if there is more than one evil faction, the baddies won't be too loud or confrontional to avoid getting NKed. Would link you to the Wiki if I wasn't too lazy.

You pointing out your n00biness is also something I find mildly suspicious.

What's your opinion of TT, Aqua and me?

[quote name='Preferably Pink' post='1489166' date='Aug 21 2008, 11.58']Eh, this is a [url="http://mafia.perendination.com/wiki/index.php?title=Cerwyn%27s_Bible"]decent description [/url]. Basically with two evil factions, evils need to be concerned about NKs (or conversions or their brainses getting etted) so they refrain from taking too much of a leadership role and from being too strong on any case (in case it is another evil).[/quote]
But don't they want to kill the other evil faction?

@Pref. Pink: She accuses me of crap, and also it's the lack of Couture seeming guilty and that I want to get someone lynched so we can get going. Yes, I want someone to die today. It will probably be an innocent. We will survive. With that death, we can get things moving.

[quote name='Preferably Pink' post='1489151' date='Aug 21 2008, 08.54']Safest to avoid night actions...not so much for avoiding lynches as anyone who has been lynched while being beaten over the head with Cerwyn's Bible can attest (well, if they were still alive).

Other thoughts on Tarina's posts or Sleepytime's defense?[/quote]
I read TT's post as a complete joke. Which, now you've mentioned it, does ring some bells.

CB can't be applied to this game. Thus, middle isn't the safest place to be....in any case. Sumatra said it was.

Your opinion on Pepper?

[quote name='Sleepytime Gal' post='1489178' date='Aug 21 2008, 12.01']You pointing out your n00biness is also something I find mildly suspicious.

What's your opinion of TT, Aqua and me?[/quote]
I'm not saying I'm a newb, it was just a newb question.

I will do a reread on you three. Brb.

[quote name='Sleepytime Gal' post='1489196' date='Aug 21 2008, 11.05']Your opinion on Pepper?[/quote]
I'd be fine with lynching her today. Three posts and not much going on in any of them (though she does mention being confused by the same post by Tarantino that I also dislike).

[quote name='Sumatra-Indonesia' post='1489185' date='Aug 21 2008, 09.02']But don't they want to kill the other evil faction?[/quote]
Sure they do. But not straight away, because the other team's kills help them to get rid of the innocents. But since the strong players are more likely to get NKed, they don't want to look strong. So, it's a behavioural thing, more than a simple post count issue.
[quote]@Pref. Pink: She accuses me of crap, and also it's the lack of Couture seeming guilty and that I want to get someone lynched so we can get going.[/quote]
So, you admit it's an OMGUS vote? Without considering other suspects but Couture? [b]Sumatra[/b]

TT:

TT didn't even show up on the first page. Then she made a joke(?) vote on TC. I see nothing wrong with that, as I did it twice. She then had no more posts on page 2. She accuses me of vote hopping, and votes for me. She makes the case that I'm inconsistent with my SILLY JOKES THAT HAVE NO REAL MEANING. LESBIAN THREESOMES ARE NOT RELEVANT TO THE GAME!!! Also, I think it's rather crazy to say that because I'm lesbian, I would do away with Ken. Me saying I'm lesbian has no connection to the game, it's being silly. Why would only FM call themselves lesbian? Anyway, back to TT. She then made a list of good and bad stuff, which looks like a joke but is odd. My case on her is that she accuses me with stupid reasons.

ETA: She only has 3 posts.

2 more to follow.

[quote name='Preferably Pink' post='1489217' date='Aug 21 2008, 09.12']I'd be fine with lynching her today. Three posts and not much going on in any of them (though she does mention being confused by the same post by Tarantino that I also dislike).[/quote]
You voiced your suspicion. She just said she was confused. There is a clear difference between these two actions.

[quote name='Sleepytime Gal' post='1489239' date='Aug 21 2008, 11.16']You voiced your suspicion. She just said she was confused. There is a clear difference between these two actions.[/quote]
Agreed. I'd be happy to vote for her if Tarina's lynch wasn't going to happen.

Sumatra is looking a little overdefensive I see. We all know what you are saying, there wasn't any need to go off the deep end. Add her to the list of people where I would be happy if they were lynched.

[quote name='Sumatra-Indonesia' post='1489225' date='Aug 21 2008, 09.14']TT didn't even show up on the first page. Then she made a joke(?) vote on TC. I see nothing wrong with that, as I did it twice. She then had no more posts on page 2. She accuses me of vote hopping, and votes for me. She makes the case that I'm inconsistent with my SILLY JOKES THAT HAVE NO REAL MEANING. LESBIAN THREESOMES ARE NOT RELEVANT TO THE GAME!!! Also, I think it's rather crazy to say that because I'm lesbian, I would do away with Ken. Me saying I'm lesbian has no connection to the game, it's being silly. Why would only FM call themselves lesbian? Anyway, back to TT. She then made a list of good and bad stuff, which looks like a joke but is odd. My case on her is that she accuses me with stupid reasons.[/quote]
I see the whole post as a joke, both because of the list and her reasons for accusing you being so silly. What I find suspicious is that she bothered to make such a long, and yet irrelevant post just as the game was coming out of the RP phase.

Would definetly vote her, but there are other people I find more suspicious ATM.

[quote name='Preferably Pink' post='1489252' date='Aug 21 2008, 09.20']Agreed. I'd be happy to vote for her if Tarina's lynch wasn't going to happen.

Sumatra is looking a little overdefensive I see. We all know what you are saying, there wasn't any need to go off the deep end. Add her to the list of people where I would be happy if they were lynched.[/quote]
Anyone you wouldn't be willing to lynch?

[quote name='Preferably Pink' post='1489173' date='Aug 21 2008, 17.59']What do you find suspicious about Tarantino?[/quote]

[quote name='Sumatra-Indonesia' post='1489185' date='Aug 21 2008, 18.02']She accuses me of crap, and also it's the lack of Couture seeming guilty and that I want to get someone lynched so we can get going. Yes, I want someone to die today. It will probably be an innocent. We will survive. With that death, we can get things moving.[/quote]

I'm not 100% certain you're guilty, but this certainly stinks to hell and back. You're jumping on a viable alternative to yourself in a weak attempt to save your own neck for no better reason than "someone should die on day one, probably innocent, but WTF provided it isn't me". Regardless of Couture's guilt or innocence, that says nothing of where she puts her vote (an innocent can easily be mistaken and a guilty should make sure she distances in a CF game). I'm guessing this "we" who would survive is you and your partner/s.

[quote name='Sleepytime Gal' post='1489196' date='Aug 21 2008, 18.05']I read TT's post as a complete joke.[/quote]

Which of course is what it was, my points against Sumatra-Indonesia were beginning of day 1 points (so not meant to be taken [i]too[/i] seriously), but I wasn't joking.

Anyway, my vote stays where it is.

Oops, I missed TT's post on page 1. It's just an introduction. (By the way I'm on 40 posts per page.)

Sleepy:

Her first post is totally useless. Then she accuses Pepper of being middle-of-the-road. Then she wants to lynch either Pepper, Aqua, or me. Her reason for wanting to lynch me is dumb, and gives no real reason for the other two. Then she won't accept reasons for why the game is running slowly, and I have no idea why. Then she accuses Aqua, because Aqua looks like a mafia who is getting accused for the wrong reasons. She thinks this because she was once in a similar situation. That seems to make sense, but doesn't sit right with me.

She then says I'm suspicious because I said that if I was FM, I would act differently than I am now. She then talks with me more about post count and eventually says that the reason low posters get lynched is because they're useless, and I basically agree.

Archived