MAFIA 56 - Barbie World

House Targaryen

[quote name='Tarina Tarantino' post='1489266' date='Aug 21 2008, 12.26']I'm not 100% certain you're guilty, but this certainly stinks to hell and back. You're jumping on a viable alternative to yourself in a weak attempt to save your own neck for no better reason than "someone should die on day one, probably innocent, but WTF provided it isn't me". Regardless of Couture's guilt or innocence, that says nothing of where she puts her vote (an innocent can easily be mistaken and a guilty should make sure she distances in a CF game). I'm guessing this "we" who would survive is you and your partner/s.

Which of course is what it was, my points against Sumatra-Indonesia were beginning of day 1 points (so not meant to be taken [i]too[/i] seriously), but I wasn't joking.

Anyway, my vote stays where it is.[/quote]
It was the middle of day one though, a bit late for beginning of day one cases.

I think a me lynch would be not so bad for the innocents, other than the fact that I want to stay alive.

To me, it looks like Sleepy is taking a leadership role. She's starting to look like an experienced FM who knows how to look innocent.

[quote name='Sumatra-Indonesia' post='1489270' date='Aug 21 2008, 09.27']Oops, I missed TT's post on page 1. It's just an introduction. (By the way I'm on 40 posts per page.)

Sleepy:

Her first post is totally useless. Then she accuses Pepper of being middle-of-the-road. Then she wants to lynch either Pepper, Aqua, or me. Her reason for wanting to lynch me is dumb, and gives no real reason for the other two.[/quote]
The reason for wanting to lynch you is an obvious joke. Get a grip. The other two were explained later on.
[quote]Then she won't accept reasons for why the game is running slowly, and I have no idea why. Then she accuses Aqua, because Aqua looks like a mafia who is getting accused for the wrong reasons. She thinks this because she was once in a similar situation. That seems to make sense, but doesn't sit right with me.[/quote]
I was in a simmilar situation more than once.

And for me bitching about the pace...for Christ's sake, I want to play, and I expeceted it would be a lot easier to actually do it with 15 players. Since the pace has improved since then, I'm one happy panda.
[quote]She then says I'm suspicious because I said that if I was FM, I would act differently than I am now. She then talks with me more about post count and eventually says that the reason low posters get lynched is because they're useless, and I basically agree.[/quote]
Cool, but do you find me suspicious? If you do, why?

[quote name='Sleepytime Gal' post='1489259' date='Aug 21 2008, 11.23']Anyone you wouldn't be willing to lynch?[/quote]
Funny, I actually first typed I'd be willing to lynch her, but then corrected myself because I'd be willing to lynch anyone..there is just a small, but growing, list of people that I would be happy after they were lynched.

[quote name='Sumatra-Indonesia' post='1489283' date='Aug 21 2008, 11.34']To me, it looks like Sleepy is taking a leadership role. She's starting to look like an experienced FM who knows how to look innocent.[/quote]
Que? Well fuck, she looks remarkably innocent this far into DAY 1, kudos to her. I'm liking you less and less.

[quote name='Tarina Tarantino' post='1489266' date='Aug 21 2008, 09.26']Which of course is what it was[color="#00FFFF"](a joke), [/color]my points against Sumatra-Indonesia were beginning of day 1 points (so not meant to be taken [i]too[/i] seriously), [color="#00FFFF"]but I wasn't joking.[/color]
Could you explain this, please?

It is day 1.
It is day 1.

15 players remain: Black Canary, Hard Rock Cafe, Helly Kitty, Jazz Diva, Medusa, Miss Aquamarine, Pepper, Preferably Pink, Sleepytime Gal, Sumatra-Indonesia, Supergirl, Tarina Tarantino, The Pirate, The Showgirl, Toujours Couture.

8 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

2 votes for Sumatra-Indonesia (Toujours Couture, Sleepytime Gal)
2 votes for Tarina Tarantino (Preferably Pink, Sumatra-Indonesia)
2 votes for Toujours Couture (Tarina Tarantino, Black Canary)
1 vote for Hard Rock Cafe (Miss Aquamarine)
1 vote for Medusa (Pepper)
1 vote for Miss Aquamarine (The Showgirl)
1 vote for Preferably Pink (Medusa)
1 vote for Supergirl (Jazz Diva)

4 players have not voted: Hard Rock Cafe, Helly Kitty, Supergirl, The Pirate

Appox 5hrs and 15 mins left.

Edit Missed a Vote. Pebs does not like the Mod chosen Background.

[quote name='Preferably Pink' post='1489294' date='Aug 21 2008, 09.40']Funny, I actually first typed I'd be willing to lynch her, but then corrected myself because I'd be willing to lynch anyone..there is just a small, but growing, list of people that I would be happy after they were lynched.[/quote]
Mind sharing it?

Here is mine, since I neeed to step off for a while:

Would happily lynch: Aqua, Pepper, Sleepy (in that exact order)

Probably wouldn't lynch: Showgirl, PP, Medusa, Couture

Anyone else is in between.

[quote name='Sleepytime Gal' post='1489290' date='Aug 21 2008, 12.37']The reason for wanting to lynch you is an obvious joke. Get a grip. The other two were explained later on.[/quote]
I never said it wasn't a joke, I just said it was dumb. I didn't accuse you of anything, and I didn't "not have a grip". You seem a bit snappy.
[quote]I was in a simmilar situation more than once.[/quote]
Well just because you feel a certain way doesn't mean other people will.
[quote]And for me bitching about the pace...for Christ's sake, I want to play, and I expeceted it would be a lot easier to actually do it with 15 players. Since the pace has improved since then, I'm one happy panda.[/quote]
Well I didn't completely understand your post, but you said it was "unacceptable". Why?
[quote]Cool, but do you find me suspicious? If you do, why?[/quote]
You're suspicious because:

1. You attack a lot.

2. You defend a lot.

2.5. You said yourself that this game is probably two factions, so according to you, the safest place to be is very active. See numbers one and two. HYPOCRITE ARGUMENT: I am posting a lot, but not contributing or arguing nearly as much as you.

3. You react with strong words: "Get a grip", "unacceptable"; for things that don't require strong reactions. HYPOCRITE ARGUMENT: I don't strongly react, but I react to everything.

[quote name='Sleepytime Gal' post='1489304' date='Aug 21 2008, 12.45']Mind sharing it?

Here is mine, since I neeed to step off for a while:

Would happily lynch: Aqua, Pepper, Sleepy (in that exact order)

Probably wouldn't lynch: Showgirl, PP, Medusa, Couture

Anyone else is in between.[/quote]
Well then let's lynch Sleepy. I'm sure you'll support me. :thumbsup:

[quote name='Sleepytime Gal' post='1489296' date='Aug 21 2008, 18.41']Could you explain this, please?[/quote]

The second half of the post is a joke, the first one isn't. I found the vote hopping suspicious and even if the inconsistency is regarding phony sexual preferences it is inconsistent (plus the whole tone of that post saying she wasn't going to reveal her affiliation but she still didn't want Ken back, sounded squirmy to me). It's obviously more throwing shit around to see what sticks than an actual case, but I did have a reason to throw it.

By the way, I thought my vote was on [b]Sumatra[/b]?

[quote name='Sumatra-Indonesia' post='1488921' date='Aug 21 2008, 10.44']If I was an evil barbie, I would be around the middle of posts. Of course, that's what most smart people would do, and other smart people would be suspicious of the middle posters. Of course, there's a lot of middle posters, so it's a nice safe place to be. Not right in the middle, but close-ish.[/quote]

As others have pointed out, the above statement is self serving and ridiculous.

[quote name='SI']The FM vary in post count, but some people don't BELIEVE they do, and if they ACTUALLY vary in post count but people get lynched for BELIEVING that FM don't vary in post count, then post count matters.[/quote]

First you say that most smart FM would be among the middle posters. But then you say FM vary in post count. Why are you contradicting yourself?

And you do the same thing when you talk about what people do when they look for the FM. First you say that most smart people would be suspicious of the middle posters. But then you say that some people fail to understand that FM vary in post count. It looks as if you are implying that is a bad thing (which it is). How can you say that the people who focus on middle posters are smart, and at the same time say that people who focus on one section of posters are doing something wrong?

[quote name='SI']I am not going to be considered a prime suspect for middle-of-the-roading? Me, who changed my vote three times? Are you serious? Maybe you didn't mean to put that "not" in there.[/quote]

Are you saying you want to be considered middle of the road?

[quote name='SI']Here's my explanation for all the vote changing that I did. I was bored and wanted something to happen, and hoped that the people who I voted for would do something interesting. My plan pretty much failed. I voted for two people that way. Then later, I went back, and saw a reference to TC in TT's post, and thought I meant to vote for TC. So I changed my vote to TC, but then I found out that I actually had a) voted for TT correctly and B) voted again after that.[/quote]

2 hours, 5 minutes (into the game) - vote PP as a joke
4 hours, 47 minutes - vote TT as provocation (according to your above quote)
4 hours, 53 minutes - vote Showgirl as provocation
6 hours, 18 minutes - vote TC because you thought your TT vote was supposed to be for TC

Here's what I don't understand. Two things actually.

First, if you were voting TT and Showgirl to provoke them, why did you move the votes so quickly? You moved off TT after 6 minutes. She wasn't posting at the time, so how could you have expected any sort of reaction from her, in response to such a weak vote? Same goes for the vote on Showgirl, which you removed well before she was back and posting in the thread.

Second, you claim your vote for TC was because you thought your TT vote was supposed to be for TC, and you were fixing the error. Did you forget about the vote on Showgirl? Also, I thought the TT vote was just for provocation. But if thats the case, then why would it have mattered if it was for TT or TC? The reason you're giving for changing it to TC makes it seem as if there was more behind the vote than what you had previously claimed.

[quote name='Tarina Tarantino' post='1489266' date='Aug 21 2008, 09.26']I'm not 100% certain you're guilty, but this certainly stinks to hell and back. You're jumping on a viable alternative to yourself in a weak attempt to save your own neck for no better reason than "someone should die on day one, probably innocent, but WTF provided it isn't me". Regardless of Couture's guilt or innocence, that says nothing of where she puts her vote (an innocent can easily be mistaken and a guilty should make sure she distances in a CF game). I'm guessing this "we" who would survive is you and your partner/s.

Which of course is what it was, my points against Sumatra-Indonesia were beginning of day 1 points (so not meant to be taken [i]too[/i] seriously), but I wasn't joking.

Wait, what? I thought she was voting for you because you voted for her, not "jumping on a viable alternative." There is a difference. Also, I thought Sumatra was saying she didn't think Couture was evil. Well, as one reason; the other being she didn't like your accusation.

I agree that Sumatra is being overreactive, but I don't like this response, [b]Tarina.[/b]

[quote name='Sumatra-Indonesia' post='1489307' date='Aug 21 2008, 09.48']I never said it wasn't a joke, I just said it was dumb. I didn't accuse you of anything, and I didn't "not have a grip". You seem a bit snappy.

Well I didn't completely understand your post, but you said it was "unacceptable". Why?[/quote]
It sounded like you thought it was a real reason.

Unacceptable, in that post=annoying. It's just a cool word cool people use to be more cool.
[quote]You're suspicious because:

1. You attack a lot.

2. You defend a lot.

2.5. You said yourself that this game is probably two factions, so according to you, the safest place to be is very active. See numbers one and two. HYPOCRITE ARGUMENT: I am posting a lot, but not contributing or arguing nearly as much as you.

3. You react with strong words: "Get a grip", "unacceptable"; for things that don't require strong reactions. HYPOCRITE ARGUMENT: I don't strongly react, but I react to everything.[/quote]
Yeah, the safest place to be is active and provoking. But it's also the best way for an innocent to play if he wants to catch the bad guys. So, the odds of me being evil are strictly mathematical if you are based on those arguments only.

Btw, how do you others feel about my other 2 suspects?

Is anybody else having a really hard time keeping all the players straight? All these stupid names and avatars are starting to blur for me.

eta

[quote name='SG']Fuck, I meant Sumatra. You can't blame me, both names begin with an S. :blushing:[/quote]

I'll take that as a yes.

Good morning my fellow plastic women.

[quote]Her first post is totally useless. Then she accuses Pepper of being middle-of-the-road. Then she wants to lynch either Pepper, Aqua, or me. Her reason for wanting to lynch me is dumb, and gives no real reason for the other two. Then she won't accept reasons for why the game is running slowly, and I have no idea why. Then she accuses Aqua, because Aqua looks like a mafia who is getting accused for the wrong reasons. She thinks this because she was once in a similar situation. That seems to make sense, but doesn't sit right with me.

She then says I'm suspicious because I said that if I was FM, I would act differently than I am now. She then talks with me more about post count and eventually says that the reason low posters get lynched is because they're useless, and I basically agree.[/quote]

I found myself agreeing with everything written here, and, to be honest, I find [b]Sleepytime Gal[/b]'s posts to rather empty of substance.

So, how many FM does everyone think there is? My guess is two or three. And what are people's thoughts on other possible roles?

[quote name='Sleepytime Gal' post='1489334' date='Aug 21 2008, 11.59']Yeah, the safest place to be is active and provoking. But it's also the best way for an innocent to play if he wants to catch the bad guys. So, the odds of me being evil are strictly mathematical if you are based on those arguments only.[/quote]
Careful, you are patting yourself on the back pretty hard there, I don't want you to get hurt.

[quote name='Hard Rock Cafe' post='1489339' date='Aug 21 2008, 12.02']I found myself agreeing with everything written here, and, to be honest, I find [b]Sleepytime Gal[/b]'s posts to rather empty of substance.[/quote]
For real?
[quote name='Hard Rock Cafe' post='1489339' date='Aug 21 2008, 12.02']So, how many FM does everyone think there is? My guess is two or three. And what are people's thoughts on other possible roles?[/quote]
Yeah, let's discuss good roles, that should be pretty helpful for the innocents. Wait a second...no, I mean helpful to the FM. So let's not and say we did, capiche?

Archived