MAFIA 56 - Barbie World

House Targaryen

[quote name='Hard Rock Cafe' post='1489339' date='Aug 21 2008, 10.02']So, how many FM does everyone think there is? My guess is two or three. And what are people's thoughts on other possible roles?[/quote]
3 FM, with lame innocent roles, 2 FM+2 symps with decent innocent roles, or 3 FM+symp with a great new innocent role made especially for this game+other innocent roles.

PP, let's talk about that tommorow, shall we? ;)

[quote name='The Pirate' post='1489332' date='Aug 21 2008, 18.57']Wait, what? I thought she was voting for you because you voted for her, not "jumping on a viable alternative." There is a difference.[/quote]

I meant what I said. She thought PPs case and vote was a good opening and she used it (not that I'd agree with it since her case is entirely based on me making a joke, but whatever). Retaliation votes aren't really good mafia play either, though.

[quote]Also, I thought Sumatra was saying she didn't think Couture was evil. Well, as one reason; the other being she didn't like your accusation.[/quote]

If she had given any actual reason for not liking it rather than "it was crap", I might have answered.

It is day 1.

15 players remain: Black Canary, Hard Rock Cafe, Helly Kitty, Jazz Diva, Medusa, Miss Aquamarine, Pepper, Preferably Pink, Sleepytime Gal, Sumatra-Indonesia, Supergirl, Tarina Tarantino, The Pirate, The Showgirl, Toujours Couture.

8 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

3 votes for Sumatra-Indonesia (Toujours Couture, Sleepytime Gal, Tarina Tarantino)
2 votes for Tarina Tarantino (Preferably Pink, Sumatra-Indonesia)
1 vote for Hard Rock Cafe (Miss Aquamarine)
1 vote for Medusa (Pepper)
1 vote for Miss Aquamarine (The Showgirl)
1 vote for Preferably Pink (Medusa)
1 vote for Sleepytime Gal (Hard Rock Cafe)
1 vote for Supergirl (Jazz Diva)
1 vote for Toujours Couture (Black Canary)

3 players have not voted: Helly Kitty, Supergirl, The Pirate.

[quote name='Tarina Tarantino' post='1489351' date='Aug 21 2008, 12.09']I meant what I said. She thought PPs case and vote was a good opening and she used it (not that I'd agree with it since her case is entirely based on me making a joke, but whatever). Retaliation votes aren't really good mafia play either, though.[/quote]
Right, nobody has ever used a joke to their advantage. There certainly isn't anyone who is more easy going and joking when they happen to be evil either.[/sarcasm]

[quote name='HRC']So, how many FM does everyone think there is? My guess is two or three. And what are people's thoughts on other possible roles?[/quote]

Speculating on good roles is a very bad idea in this game. We haven't been given a role list, and its very possible that an inexperienced player with a good role could slip up and say something in response to your question that reveals she has extra information.

I don't think I like you [b]Hard Rock Cafe[/b].

[quote name='Hard Rock Cafe' post='1489339' date='Aug 21 2008, 13.02']I found myself agreeing with everything written here, and, to be honest, I find [b]Sleepytime Gal[/b]'s posts to rather empty of substance.[/quote]
That actually makes sense. All she's really done is accuse various people of things, without any decisive action.

[quote name='Jazz Diva' post='1489358' date='Aug 21 2008, 12.12']Speculating on good roles is a very bad idea in this game. We haven't been given a role list, and its very possible that an inexperienced player with a good role could slip up and say something in response to your question that reveals she has extra information.

I don't think I like you [b]Hard Rock Cafe[/b].[/quote]
I didn't like that Hard Rock threw that out there, but I don't think everyone A) feels the same way or B) that some people feel very strongly about it.

[quote name='Sumatra-Indonesia' post='1489365' date='Aug 21 2008, 12.15']That actually makes sense. All she's really done is accuse various people of things, without any decisive action.[/quote]
I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

[quote name='Preferably Pink' post='1489357' date='Aug 21 2008, 19.12']Right, nobody has ever used a joke to their advantage.[/quote]

You think the joke was part of some kind of clever plan? Could you please enlighten me as to what this might have been?

[quote]There certainly isn't anyone who is more easy going and joking when they happen to be evil either.[/quote]

If this is some kind of argument it's an alt based one and against the rules (and wrong to boot). What about all the other jokes that haven been thrown around today?

[quote name='Tarina Tarantino' post='1489368' date='Aug 21 2008, 12.18']You think the joke was part of some kind of clever plan? Could you please enlighten me as to what this might have been?[/quote]
I wasn't saying it necessarily was, just that it wouldn't be the first time. If I knew, I would have dropped it on your ass and you'd be dead.
[quote name='Tarina Tarantino' post='1489368' date='Aug 21 2008, 12.18']If this is some kind of argument it's an alt based one and against the rules (and wrong to boot). What about all the other jokes that haven been thrown around today?[/quote]
It isn't so don't get your panties in a bunch.

[quote name='Jazz Diva' post='1489324' date='Aug 21 2008, 12.53']As others have pointed out, the above statement is self serving and ridiculous.[/quote]
Yeah.
[quote]First you say that most smart FM would be among the middle posters. But then you say FM vary in post count. Why are you contradicting yourself?

And you do the same thing when you talk about what people do when they look for the FM. First you say that most smart people would be suspicious of the middle posters. But then you say that some people fail to understand that FM vary in post count. It looks as if you are implying that is a bad thing (which it is). How can you say that the people who focus on middle posters are smart, and at the same time say that people who focus on one section of posters are doing something wrong?[/quote]
I think that's because I don't know a lot about what other people think. I thought people voted for low posters because low posting is suspicious; now I understand that it's because even if they're FM, they still don't contribute much so it's a smaller loss. Then I realized the mistake and, following my natural human instinct, tried to make myself not look dumb.
[quote]Are you saying you want to be considered middle of the road?[/quote]
Because it's true, yes. I don't want to be considered an FM, because I'm not.
[quote]2 hours, 5 minutes (into the game) - vote PP as a joke
4 hours, 47 minutes - vote TT as provocation (according to your above quote)
4 hours, 53 minutes - vote Showgirl as provocation
6 hours, 18 minutes - vote TC because you thought your TT vote was supposed to be for TC

Here's what I don't understand. Two things actually.

First, if you were voting TT and Showgirl to provoke them, why did you move the votes so quickly? You moved off TT after 6 minutes. She wasn't posting at the time, so how could you have expected any sort of reaction from her, in response to such a weak vote? Same goes for the vote on Showgirl, which you removed well before she was back and posting in the thread.[/quote]
I left, and forgot about what I was doing when I came back. I moved to Showgirl because TT wasn't posting at the time.
[quote]Second, you claim your vote for TC was because you thought your TT vote was supposed to be for TC, and you were fixing the error. Did you forget about the vote on Showgirl? Also, I thought the TT vote was just for provocation. But if thats the case, then why would it have mattered if it was for TT or TC? The reason you're giving for changing it to TC makes it seem as if there was more behind the vote than what you had previously claimed.[/quote]
Once again, it's because I got confused.

[quote name='Jazz Diva' post='1489358' date='Aug 21 2008, 13.12']Speculating on good roles is a very bad idea in this game. We haven't been given a role list, and its very possible that an inexperienced player with a good role could slip up and say something in response to your question that reveals she has extra information.

I don't think I like you [b]Hard Rock Cafe[/b].[/quote]
I don't think that's a good reason. She was just speculating. It's what I would have done, had everyone not pounced on HRC for doing it first.

I'm currently reading back through the thread, trying to make sense of who has said what in this game. Like I mentioned earlier, I'm having a hard time keeping everyone straight.

Anyway, wanted to point out that Pepper has posted a few times but hasn't said anything useful yet. And I don't like this post.

[quote name='Pepper' post='1488689' date='Aug 21 2008, 06.22']This was just confusing, but I am not sure if it made me more suspicious of Sumatra-Indonesia or of Tarina Tarantino. :o[/quote]

As somebody said earlier, its an empty, non-committal response.

[quote name='Sumatra-Indonesia' post='1489378' date='Aug 21 2008, 13.22']I left, and forgot about what I was doing when I came back. I moved to Showgirl because TT wasn't posting at the time.[/quote]

But Showgirl wasn't posting either.

[quote]Once again, it's because I got confused.[/quote]

Confused over what? Your answer needs further explanation.

[quote name='Preferably Pink' post='1489375' date='Aug 21 2008, 19.22']I wasn't saying it necessarily was, just that it wouldn't be the first time.[/quote]

An FM could joke to appear relaxed and at ease, but what if any is the difference between my joke and any other of the day one jokes?

[quote]It isn't so don't get your panties in a bunch.[/quote]

So you're saying that [i]some[/i] players just happen to feel happier and more joke prone when they're evil and I might be one of them?

Then I'll answer that [i]other[/i] players feel more relaxed and happy when they're roleless innocents. I might as well be one of those too. If it's not an alt based argument (which I still think it is), it's a rather meaningless one.

[quote name='Jazz Diva' post='1489405' date='Aug 21 2008, 13.33']But Showgirl wasn't posting either.

Confused over what? Your answer needs further explanation.[/quote]
I already explained, and you rejected my explanation. I forgot about my random vote on Showgirl, because it was random. I misread my previous post and thought I meant to vote for TC, when I actually meant to vote for TT. I left it on TC, because the vote on TT didn't really matter anyway.

Stop bringing that up.

[quote name='Tarina Tarantino' post='1489406' date='Aug 21 2008, 12.33']An FM could joke to appear relaxed and at ease, but what if any is the difference between my joke and any other of the day one jokes?

So you're saying that [i]some[/i] players just happen to feel happier and more joke prone when they're evil and I might be one of them?

Then I'll answer that [i]other[/i] players feel more relaxed and happy when they're roleless innocents. I might as well be one of those too. If it's not an alt based argument (which I still think it is), it's a rather meaningless one.[/quote]
There are many reasons why I've seen it done or done it myself, you've touched on only a few. You seem to be very concerned about this though, I take it you find me suspicious for finding you suspicious? :)

Sumatra,
Please type at least the first name instead of TC, TT, etc. Thanks

[quote name='Preferably Pink' post='1489418' date='Aug 21 2008, 13.39']There are many reasons why I've seen it done or done it myself, you've touched on only a few. You seem to be very concerned about this though, I take it you find me suspicious for finding you suspicious? :)

Sumatra,
Please type at least the first name instead of TC, TT, etc. Thanks[/quote]
I am less confused by abbreviations than by names. An abbreviation is easy to memorize. So no, I will not do that.

Here's a handy guide.

PP=you
TC = something Couture
TT= Tarina Tarantino
Sleepy=Sleepytime Gal

[quote name='Preferably Pink' post='1489418' date='Aug 21 2008, 19.39']You seem to be very concerned about this though, I take it you find me suspicious for finding you suspicious? :)[/quote]

Nope, did I ever mention finding you suspicious or are you putting words in my mouth?

I find you irritating for using what I consider is an alt-based argument. I also think your "case" against me is poor (but I wouldn't find that on its own suspicious on day one).

Archived