MAFIA 56 - Barbie World

House Targaryen

It is day 5.

6 players remain: Hard Rock Cafe, Jazz Diva, Miss Aquamarine, Tarina Tarantino, The Showgirl, Toujours Couture.

4 votes are needed for a conviction or 3 to go to night.

1 vote for Tarina Tarantino (The Showgirl)
1 vote for Hard Rock Cafe (Toujours Couture)

4 players have not voted: Hard Rock Cafe, Jazz Diva, Miss Aquamarine, Tarina Tarantino.

[quote name='Toujours Couture' post='1493478' date='Aug 25 2008, 07.24']Last night I got that Showgirl is innocent (or symp). Which leaves Hard Rock, which is odd because it leaves Aqua's actions unexplained. Maybe Aqua and Showgirl are communicating symps. The reason there was no kill last night I have a horrible feeling is to frame Tarina. Well since I know Tarina is innocent of symp, that must be what it is. This doesn't necessarily mean Showgirl is lying but I am suspicious of her and Aqua for one or both of them being symps to Hard Rock. Anyway, my position is simple I must vote [b]hard Rock[/b].[/quote]

Wow. If you are lying, you are definitely not afraid to back yourself into a corner and go against the grain.

I need to re-examine everything. Will start from scratch and post thoughts later.

After some thinking.
If anybody here is healer or bulleproof, she should say it NOW. Time for games is over.
Otherwise, there are two variants: either Tarina is alone killer (if so, Toujours is her symp, unless we admit Godfather role) or killers withdrew to frame Tarina. Let's talk about second possibility. If the killer is alone and sympless (it's possible if Medusa or Sumatra was the symp), she whould never withdraw no matter what. If there are two killers, or a killer and known (to her) symp, they might withdraw, but only if they doubted in their abitility to lynch an innocent today. This makes HRC very improbable to be guilty.
Look, HRC, if guilty, wasn't in any danger today. She knew that everybody's suspisons are on Toujours, Jazz and Tarina (even if she won't be framed). Other side, she [i]knew[/i] that Toujours, if sincere, would receive innocent result about me, there were no alternative. Best move for her would be to kill Toujours before she would be able to present this result and join her symp Aqua in lynching Jazz. No way she would withdraw.
One evil pair which might withdraw, from my PoV, is Toujours and Jazz. They knew one of them would be lynched today, so they had a reason to frame Tarina. But both of them posted after dawn, and if they were both guilty, they could just follow my vote, lynch Tarina and win.
Another evil pair which might withdraw is Toujours and Aqua. And it's most dangerous variant.
[b]Remove vote[/b], in fear of this scenario. It seems we still need to lynch Toujours who is guilty in any scenario I can imagine.

In fact, all possble pairings left are Toujours+somebody or Hard Rock Cafe (as killer) + Aqua (as symp). So, most safe play for us is to lynch Toujours and, unless she would appear innocent, me to guard HRC. If there would be no kill, 5 players alive, at most two of them guilty, then lynch HRC, if we won't win, lynch Tarina. If there would be a kill, 4 players left, at most one of them guilty, go to night and then lynch most suspicious person.
Toujours, can you see any holes in this plan? Will you still insist that lynching you means FMs win?

Showgirl is right. The only people who would benefit from a Tarina [s]lynch[/s] frame are Couture and Diva and I think we need to hear from anyone who could have possibly stopped a nightkill.

Couture is evilz and will probably be my choice today. The problem is, was Tarina framed, or is she the lone gunman to Couture's symp? Was it worth framing someone and leaving a guard alive to do her thing?

Need to think a bit - this makes little sense.

[quote name='The Showgirl' post='1493555' date='Aug 25 2008, 08.22']One evil pair which might withdraw, from my PoV, is Toujours and Jazz. They knew one of them would be lynched today, so they had a reason to frame Tarina. But both of them posted after dawn, and if they were both guilty, they could just follow my vote, lynch Tarina and win.[/quote]

4 votes are needed today, so jumping on your lone vote wouldn't do it.

I don't think Toujours + Jazz is a possible pair, what with Jazz's comments in post 729. The only possibility is is Jazz thought she could win by drawing attention to her symp, Toujours. But, still, I think the vote from a symp is more valuable than ever right now, and saying someone who is your teammate is guilty is not a smart move.

One that I [i]do[/i] think is possible is Tarina as the FM, and Toujours as the symp. In post 739, Toujours says that Tarina is being framed, and that I am doing it. She uses her claimed role to justify her accusation of me, with no hard proof. She concludes the post with this:
[quote]though it would be inteesting if Aqua and Showgirl are non-communicating symps in which case you might not know the other is a symp and the innocents still have a chance. Whatever, point is, Hard Rock is definitely guilty.[/quote]
If I am a FM, and Aqua and Showgirl are non-communicating symps, why didn't Showgirl see Aqua say she invastigated me and found me innocent? If they were non-communicating symps for me, you would all be dead.

And, well, um, I suppose that since it is now urgent that we lynch the right people, I will reveal. I lied yesterday about being a one-shot healer. I'm a regular healer. Night 1 I healed Toujours, night 2 Canary, night 3 Jazz Diva, [u]and night 4 Jazz Diva[/u]. I'm sorry I lied to you before. I needed to say something that would both make you trust me more than you did, and would keep the FM off of me. The night kill might have been prevented by the guard action (I do think so), but my heal action might also have something to do with it.

[quote name='Hard Rock Cafe' post='1493643' date='Aug 25 2008, 16.55']And, well, um, I suppose that since it is now urgent that we lynch the right people, I will reveal. I lied yesterday about being a one-shot healer. I'm a regular healer. Night 1 I healed Toujours, night 2 Canary, night 3 Jazz Diva, [u]and night 4 Jazz Diva[/u].[/quote]Ok, now I have no doubts what to do. [b]Toujours Couture.[/b]
[quote]I'm sorry I lied to you before.[/quote]You did absolutely right, no need to be sorry.

It is day 5.

6 players remain: Hard Rock Cafe, Jazz Diva, Miss Aquamarine, Tarina Tarantino, The Showgirl, Toujours Couture.

1 vote for Toujours Couture (The Showgirl)

4 players have not voted: Hard Rock Cafe, Jazz Diva, Miss Aquamarine, Tarina Tarantino.

Ok, I think Toujours Couture is guilty, mostly from Jazz Diva's case. Let me remind you all that even if we managed to get a symp somewhere, [u]we have not killed one FM this whole game[/u]. Sure, one died, but we didn't catch her. Jazz Diva stepped up to take the lead, and we have been wrong at [i]every[/i] turn. If Toujours is guilty, we can win. If she's not, and the FM don't immediately wrap the game up, I will be almost certain that Jazz Diva is the lone FM.
So: if [b]Toujours Couture[/b] comes up innocent, I will heal Showgirl tonight. And, Showgirl, if you believe me, please, guard Jazz Diva tonight.

Edit: sorry mods, for voting right after you posted vote count :lol:

And Odin help us if we are wrong.

I like votes. If posting a vote count makes people vote then I'll post another

It is day 5.

2 votes for Toujours Couture (The Showgirl, Hard Rock Cafe)

3 players have not voted: Jazz Diva, Miss Aquamarine, Tarina Tarantino.

oh I like PM's too ;)

Ok, another possible situation: Toujours comes up innocent, Jazz Diva is guarded, I heal Showgirl tonight, and I am killed tonight. If there are two FM left at that time, they go night and we lose. If there is one, Showgirl and Jazz Diva will need to figure out which of them (Tarina or Aqua) is the FM, then Showgirl blocks that one after they vote to go night, and it's a draw. We can't get votes to lynch, they can't kill.

[quote name='The Showgirl' post='1493555' date='Aug 25 2008, 14.22']It seems we still need to lynch Toujours who is guilty in any scenario I can imagine.[/quote]

Then you are a symp or just not terribly imaginative.

[quote name='The Showgirl' post='1493579' date='Aug 25 2008, 14.45']In fact, all possble pairings left are Toujours+somebody or Hard Rock Cafe (as killer) + Aqua (as symp). So, most safe play for us is to lynch Toujours and, unless she would appear innocent, me to guard HRC. If there would be no kill, 5 players alive, at most two of them guilty, then lynch HRC, if we won't win, lynch Tarina. If there would be a kill, 4 players left, at most one of them guilty, go to night and then lynch most suspicious person.
Toujours, can you see any holes in this plan? Will you still insist that lynching you means FMs win?[/quote]

I will come up innocent, so please guard Hard Rock. Lynching me makes an FM win more likely because I am innocent, and I was also thinking that there may be two symps. Plus I've got a bit confused about the voting system. But I agree your plan is a good one, except if I am right, Hard Rock is FM plus one symp, I am lynched, an innocent is NK'ed there are four people left 3 voted are needed for a lynch so a baddie can't be lycnhed then the FM can win. Is that right?

[quote name='Miss Aquamarine' post='1493587' date='Aug 25 2008, 14.51']Showgirl is right. The only people who would benefit from a Tarina [s]lynch[/s] frame are Couture and Diva and I think we need to hear from anyone who could have possibly stopped a nightkill.

Couture is evilz and will probably be my choice today. The problem is, was Tarina framed, or is she the lone gunman to Couture's symp? Was it worth framing someone and leaving a guard alive to do her thing?

Need to think a bit - this makes little sense.[/quote]

Well I've failed. I feel that there's nothing I can do to convince you I am innocent which I am so you'd all do best to lynch me soon so I can find out what on earth is going on with this setting. But my case on Helly was genuine and would have made little sense for a symp. I say his because I am pretty sure Jazz would point this out but I am not confient of her ability to survive the NK

[quote name='Hard Rock Cafe' post='1493643' date='Aug 25 2008, 15.55']And, well, um, I suppose that since it is now urgent that we lynch the right people, I will reveal. I lied yesterday about being a one-shot healer. I'm a regular healer. Night 1 I healed Toujours, night 2 Canary, night 3 Jazz Diva, [u]and night 4 Jazz Diva[/u]. I'm sorry I lied to you before. I needed to say something that would both make you trust me more than you did, and would keep the FM off of me. The night kill might have been prevented by the guard action (I do think so), but my heal action might also have something to do with it.[/quote]

Whatever. Unless there are Godfather roles or similar, to me you have to be evil.

[quote name='Hard Rock Cafe' post='1493643' date='Aug 25 2008, 16.55']And, well, um, I suppose that since it is now urgent that we lynch the right people, I will reveal. I lied yesterday about being a one-shot healer. I'm a regular healer. Night 1 I healed Toujours, night 2 Canary, night 3 Jazz Diva, [u]and night 4 Jazz Diva[/u]. I'm sorry I lied to you before. I needed to say something that would both make you trust me more than you did, and would keep the FM off of me. The night kill might have been prevented by the guard action (I do think so), but my heal action might also have something to do with it.[/quote]

The fact that the kill was stopped by your heal seems much more likely to me than the kill being blocked by me being guarded (because I'm a RI and guarding me would accomplish nothing).

Of course this would mean that both Hard Rock and Diva are innocent.

If Hard Rock is innocent Toujours must be either evil or lying (or there are no FM in this game and this is an evil mod game, if it turns out to be this I said it first, remember). It begs the question why an innocent would lie, but it has happened before in this game (we have 3 finder reveals in a CF game so far, this is definitely some kind of record).

So, Tarina, who do you think we should lynch?
And the mods said this is not an evil mod game.
Now that I think about it, it is more likely that my heal stopped the kill rather than you being guarded. However, I am not going to count you as definitely innocent. And me healing Jazz Diva doesn't make her innocent, she could be trying to frame you, Tarina.

Most to least suspicious:
Toujoures Couture
Tarina Tarantino/Miss Aquamarine (tied)
The Showgirl

Jazz Diva's position, once again, depends on whether or not we lynch Toujoures Couture and she comes up innocent.

This is ... one completely confusing game. Hard Rock's full healer reveal bugs me. A lot. Her heal on Diva I might forgive as inexperience, but it doesn't make a lot of sense either. She was completely lynchable. And Hard Rock and Showgirl so blithely making deals seems ... I don't know. Hits me a bit strange too.

If Hard Rock is lying, that means she is a symp. Yesterday I would have said Couture, but today she is voting for her. Showgirl? No because then Couture would have to be involved and that would mean an evil win at this point.

Tarina or Diva? Maybe. Need to look into possible ties.

Showgirl as evil ... I can't draw a reasonable connection to anyone with her right now.

For what it's worth, I was all about calling for Diva's head on a platter last night, but now I'm leaning more towards Tarina. It hinges on believing Showgirl is the real deal. If Diva were FM and had any part in the decision making process, I highly doubt a kill would have been withheld. The simplest solution is that Tarina is the last FM.

Not ready to commit to that yet, and I'm still pretty solid on Couture being a good lynch, but I need to be as sure as I can be about this.

Archived