MAFIA 56 - Barbie World

House Targaryen

[quote name='Hard Rock Cafe' post='1494354' date='Aug 26 2008, 00.40']1) She made relatively weak case that Helly was easily able to answer to, and a vote that was not backed up by anyone else, and could easily have been changed.[/quote]

Also I dispute that it ws a weak case. I think we need to treat cases like acids(or bases): there is a difference between a concentrated acid and a strong acid. Similarly I think I had a good but dilute case, as opposed to a weak case. With this rationale a strong case would be one that is well thought-out well argued with evidence, regardless of how strongly it was stated and a concentrate case would be one with is persued relentlessly aggressively argued and bordering on rude, but not necessarily with any great merit to it.

[quote name='Toujours Couture' post='1494373' date='Aug 25 2008, 18.54']I think we need to treat cases like acids(or bases): there is a difference between a concentrated acid and a strong acid.[/quote]

:lol: I like that.

I did feel that at the time the points may have been valid, but it was phrased in such a way that it was almost an excuse to let her explain and you could dismiss your suspicions. If I did think it was a strong but diluted case, then it is was a good distancing tactic. You saw how Kitty put her foot in her mouth and wanted to cut ties as soon as possible.

You yourself said 'I wish it was a distancing tactic, because it would have been quite well done'. I don't remember where the quote is, but I remember reading it.

[quote name='Toujours Couture' post='1494373' date='Aug 25 2008, 19.54']Also I dispute that it ws a weak case. I think we need to treat cases like acids(or bases): there is a difference between a concentrated acid and a strong acid. Similarly I think I had a good but dilute case, as opposed to a weak case. With this rationale a strong case would be one that is well thought-out well argued with evidence, regardless of how strongly it was stated and a concentrate case would be one with is persued relentlessly aggressively argued and bordering on rude, but not necessarily with any great merit to it.[/quote]

See, its stuff like this that makes me think you are innocent (on a gut level). You're about to be lynched, and you're sitting here talking about acids and bases without a care in the world. You know you're backed into a corner. Hell, you voluntarily [i]backed yourself[/i] into that corner. You've set up the very situation that is going to be your downfall. And yet you haven't wavered from that course of action at all. It makes me think you are being genuine.

Hopefully I'm wrong. :unsure:

[quote]Yes but nevertheless if I was helly I wouldn't have looked at my post and thought 'aha!, there's my symp'.

Anyway Jazz I know how suspicius I look and from my point of view I reckon there must be some finder-cnfusing roles out there. I understand if you need to vote for me do but you will obviously find out your gut was right later. (yeh yeh I know all my posts for a while have been terribly WIFOMish but i know that there's not much I can do to back up my own innocence so there's nt much I can contribute at all.)[/quote]

The symps don't need to make contact with the FM to protect them. Right now I believe Toujours and Tarina are evil, FM and symp team. I'm not 100% sure which is which, but I suspect Tarina is FM, due to the night 4 block (and not the heal). I've been going back and forth today, but I am now confident it is those two. It looks like we are more likely to get a Toujours lynch today, so my vote I think will stay, but if people are willing to vote Tarina, I'm with you.

[quote]Diva, I agree that Showgirl is VPI and I agree that all of my suspected combos involve Couture. I will probably wait a bit longer. I know I was waiting to hear from you, so I will let others respond as well before putting her 1 vote away from a lynch.[/quote]

I agree as well, on both points.

[quote name='Hard Rock Cafe' post='1494440' date='Aug 25 2008, 20.27']The symps don't need to make contact with the FM to protect them. Right now I believe Toujours and Tarina are evil, FM and symp team. I'm not 100% sure which is which, but I suspect Tarina is FM, due to the night 4 block (and not the heal). I've been going back and forth today, but I am now confident it is those two. It looks like we are more likely to get a Toujours lynch today, so my vote I think will stay, but if people are willing to vote Tarina, I'm with you.[/quote]

Just explain to me why a symp would vote for their FM. I can't remember ever seeing it done, in any game I've ever played or watched.

[quote]Just explain to me why a symp would vote for their FM. I can't remember ever seeing it done, in any game I've ever played or watched.[/quote]

In post 775, you seem to think Aqua might be a symp for me. So answer that question yourself.

[quote name='Hard Rock Cafe' post='1494463' date='Aug 25 2008, 20.37']In post 775, you seem to think Aqua might be a symp for me. So answer that question yourself.[/quote]

Uh, no. You answer it.

As I said earlier, Aqua as a symp for you [u]is the only logical alternative[/u]. And at the same time, I said [u]I don't think Aqua can be your symp[/u].

Which is why I'm going to vote Couture. Did you not read my posts? Its stuff like this that makes me feel worse about you on a gut level.

Toujours makes a weak, sorry, a [i]strong but diluted case[/i]. To me it looks like she wasn't really trying to get Helly convicted. And just because you haven't seen something in Mafia before doesn't mean it can't happen. For instance, some other weird stuff has happened in this game, on day/night 2.

[quote name='Hard Rock Cafe' post='1494497' date='Aug 25 2008, 21.02']Toujours makes a weak, sorry, a [i]strong but diluted case[/i]. To me it looks like she wasn't really trying to get Helly convicted.[/quote]

Right, I'm not saying the case was trying to get Kitty lynched. I'm saying its a really bad message to send to your FM. The type that could get you killed.

[quote]And just because you haven't seen something in Mafia before doesn't mean it can't happen. For instance, some other weird stuff has happened in this game, on day/night 2.[/quote]

Can't deny that.

Anyway, whatever. [b]Toujours Couture[/b]

Don't think any mods are around...so I'll lend a hand :).
It is day 5.

6 players remain: Hard Rock Cafe, Jazz Diva, Miss Aquamarine, Tarina Tarantino, The Showgirl, Toujours Couture.

4 votes are needed for a conviction or 3 to go to night.

3 votes for Toujours Couture (The Showgirl, Hard Rock Cafe, Jazz Diva)
1 vote for Hard Rock Cafe (Toujours Couture)

2 players have not voted: Miss Aquamarine, Tarina Tarantino

It is day 5.

6 players remain: Hard Rock Cafe, Jazz Diva, Miss Aquamarine, Tarina Tarantino, The Showgirl, Toujours Couture.

4 votes are needed for a conviction or 3 to go to night.

4 votes for Toujours Couture (The Showgirl, Hard Rock Cafe, Jazz Diva, Miss Aquamarine)
1 vote for Hard Rock Cafe (Toujours Couture)

1 players have not voted: Tarina Tarantino

Sorry, I don't have time for a scene..err..everyone was just chilling waiting for Jazz, who pointed at Toujours and her fate was sealed (with Aqua's help)

Toujours Couture (HT Reddy) was [b]INNOCENT[/b]

It is night, send in your PMs!

[quote]Ans Showgirl, if it's not too late, my preference for guarding tonight would be Tarina.[/quote]
I have to say I agree. I know I said Diva would be a good choice, but that was before she got a chance to post. I think she is innocent, but being somewhat close-minded, and you said you trust her.

[quote]I never said I trusted Diva. My suspicions have switched around today and they might yet switch. Either one would be a good guard, but I think Tarina is better - i.e. has a higher chances of being the FM.[/quote]
I was talking to Showgirl there.

Archived