MAFIA 56 - Barbie World

House Targaryen

[quote name='Jazz Diva' post='1489629' date='Aug 21 2008, 13.01']What are your thoughts on the people I listed earlier, who have posted but haven't participated? Black Canary, Hard Rock, Helly Kitty, Pepper, and Pirate.[/quote]

What thoughts are there to have? Clearly they can't all be evil, and it doesn't seem to me that any are more suspicious than any others. To be honest, I will reread them but none have yet stuck out so now the priority is on people who have posted enough to get a proper read on.

[quote name='Sumatra-Indonesia' post='1489660' date='Aug 21 2008, 13.21']I am old, but this is my first mafia role? Do you mean old as in age?[/quote]

Sorry, I was unclear. I meant this might be your first evil (mafia) role. But I do think you are a relatively experienced player, but to be honest I find you a bit mystifying overall so I don't trust my own judgments

[quote name='Toujours Couture' post='1489698' date='Aug 21 2008, 16.40']Sorry, I was unclear. I meant this might be your first evil (mafia) role. But I do think you are a relatively experienced player, but to be honest I find you a bit mystifying overall so I don't trust my own judgments[/quote]

I actually had a crazy thought that Sumatra could be 2 people playing the same alt. Would explain why she seems both new and old, and why she has contradicted herself so much.

Its probably not correct, but its honestly the best explanation I have for Sumatra right now.

I'm very sorry I've been absent, something serious came up right after I posted last and I couldn't get at the game until now. I've re-read and ready to participate. I'm sorry that some of you feel hurt that I haven't posted more, and I recognize that I made a commitment to play when I signed up for the game.

[url="http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?s=&showtopic=30319&view=findpost&p=1489307"]Post 128[/url] and [url="http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php?s=&showtopic=30319&view=findpost&p=1489378"]Post 152[/url] by Karma Sutra bother me. It seems as though he is reaching for something but can't quite make up his mind about what is fishy and what isn't. Also, this whole post is pointless and WIFOM:

[quote name='Sumatra']I think voting for the highest poster is a good plan. They will have a reaction, and sooner rather than later, because they post a lot. When they say "they", they mean "I".

If I was an evil barbie, I would be around the middle of posts. Of course, that's what most smart people would do, and other smart people would be suspicious of the middle posters. Of course, there's a lot of middle posters, so it's a nice safe place to be. Not right in the middle, but close-ish.

I am not going to be considered a prime suspect for middle-of-the-roading? Me, who changed my vote three times? Are you serious? Maybe you didn't mean to put that "not" in there.

Here's my explanation for all the vote changing that I did. I was bored and wanted something to happen, and hoped that the people who I voted for would do something interesting. My plan pretty much failed. I voted for two people that way. Then later, I went back, and saw a reference to TC in TT's post, and thought I meant to vote for TC. So I changed my vote to TC, but then I found out that I actually had a) voted for TT correctly and B) voted again after that.[/quote]

[quote]You're suspicious because:

1. You attack a lot.

2. You defend a lot.

2.5. You said yourself that this game is probably two factions, so according to you, the safest place to be is very active. See numbers one and two. HYPOCRITE ARGUMENT: I am posting a lot, but not contributing or arguing nearly as much as you.

3. You react with strong words: "Get a grip", "unacceptable"; for things that don't require strong reactions. HYPOCRITE ARGUMENT: I don't strongly react, but I react to everything.[/quote]

It bothers me when people make arguments about players "overreacting" because some players (myself included) are very competitive and when someone makes comments you don't agree with or think are flat out wrong, said players get understandably impatient. It's usually more of an inexperienced player tell to "overreact" than a scumtell, and even that isn't completely consistent. Really, calling someone suspicious for using the words "get a grip" is just insane.

Also, players who attack and defend a lot are doing what they're supposed to be doing in this game. Attacking players is a good way to get information as well as put pressure on players.

[quote name='Hard Rock']So, how many FM does everyone think there is? My guess is two or three. And what are people's thoughts on other possible roles?[/quote]

I don't like this post by Hard Rock for reasons that have been mentioned. Talking about roles is never a good idea for a townie.

With time running low and the evidence here, I'm going to vote [b]Sumatra-Indonesia[/b].

[quote name='Jazz Diva' post='1489711' date='Aug 21 2008, 12.47']I actually had a crazy thought that Sumatra could be 2 people playing the same alt. Would explain why she seems both new and old, and why she has contradicted herself so much.

Its probably not correct, but its honestly the best explanation I have for Sumatra right now.[/quote]

Hmm I've never heard of such a thing but I wouldn't put it past the mods I suppose though I can't think what purpose it would serve. And it would mean there were 16 players which seems quite high given we thought there were 12. Then again if two people have one alt maybe some people have several alts. Nah the mods wouldn't do that there must be some other explanation.

[quote name='Jazz Diva' post='1489711' date='Aug 21 2008, 22.47']I actually had a crazy thought that Sumatra could be 2 people playing the same alt. Would explain why she seems both new and old, and why she has contradicted herself so much.

Its probably not correct, but its honestly the best explanation I have for Sumatra right now.[/quote]

I sincerely hope this isn't the case. I also hope it isn't schizophrenia. Maybe it's guilt?

I'm here, and I can change my vote to Sleepy if necessary. I'd much rather lynch Sumatra though.

[quote name='Jazz Diva' post='1489711' date='Aug 21 2008, 15.47']I actually had a crazy thought that Sumatra could be 2 people playing the same alt. Would explain why she seems both new and old, and why she has contradicted herself so much.

Piper isn't THAT crazy.

Is he?

[quote name='Helly Kitty' post='1489720' date='Aug 21 2008, 16.52']Piper isn't THAT crazy.

Is he?[/quote]

The role has actually been suggested before on the mafia board. I'm not sure if its ever been used.

Anyway, sorry to hear about the serious issue that came up for you. But I'm glad you are back and posting now.

All right, I'm here, but I guess ATM this makes no real difference. :P

Although not many people are online, I think we should think of at least one viable alternative for Sumatra's lynch, since I'm clearly not one. Yeah, I'd be more than happy to lynch her, but just because some people don't post, that doesn't mean they're forgotten. :mellow:

Tier 1: Aqua, Pepper
Tier 2: Sumatra, Medusa
Tier 3: Everyone else
Tier 4: Pink, Diva, Couture

Who, besides Sumatra, is your preferred lynch and why?

I've tried to rank people before and always ended up doing it on gut and not being able to justify it in any way so all I can say now is that I have I want to hear more from Hard Rock because I have a vague suspicion on her based on the speculation and also a slight feeling that Sumatra may be a symp covering for her but no particular stand-outs from the rest. I am inclined to trust you Sleepy, but a skilful FM would probably have the same effect so I don't really trust that feeling.

[quote name='Sleepytime Gal' post='1489734' date='Aug 21 2008, 17.00']Who, besides Sumatra, is your preferred lynch and why?[/quote]

I suspect Pepper, for the same reason that you posted before.

Also suspect Hard Rock. For a few reasons.

1) Middle of the road.

[quote name='HRC']Could there be more here than meets the eye?[/quote]
Somebody asks if she is serious or joking. She responds -
[quote name='HRC']Only joking... but, hey, it might be.[/quote]

2) [quote name='HRC']I found myself agreeing with everything written here, and, to be honest, I find [b]Sleepytime Gal's[/b] posts to rather empty of substance.[/quote]

Attacks Sleepy. Says her posts are empty of substance. I agree with nearly everything Sleepy has said so far, meaning I completely disagree with HRC's attack.

3) Asks about good roles

[quote name='HRC']So, how many FM does everyone think there is? My guess is two or three. And what are people's thoughts on other possible roles?[/quote]

I've already explained why this is bad in this particular game.

I'd lynch either of them. Currently voting for HRC just because she has another vote, and we're running out of time.

[quote name='Jazz Diva' post='1489751' date='Aug 21 2008, 13.08']I'd lynch either of them. Currently voting for HRC just because she has another vote, and we're running out of time.[/quote]

Eh? I am sure it's just me being slow, but I don't understand this could you please explain?

And we have about 45 minutes left.

[quote name='Jazz Diva' post='1489751' date='Aug 21 2008, 14.08']I suspect Pepper, for the same reason that you posted before.

Also suspect Hard Rock. For a few reasons.

1) Middle of the road.

Somebody asks if she is serious or joking. She responds -

[color="#FF0000"]2)

Attacks Sleepy. Says her posts are empty of substance. I agree with nearly everything Sleepy has said so far, meaning I completely disagree with HRC's attack.[/color]3) Asks about good roles

I've already explained why this is bad in this particular game.

I'd lynch either of them. Currently voting for HRC just because she has another vote, and we're running out of time.[/quote]
To me, this is actually a reason to suspect her less. She is absent for a long time, and votes the loudest player ATM immediately after her return? Would definetely create some unwanted attention for an FM.

Can we agree on [b]Pepper[/b]?

Just to clarify, I'll be around and happy to switch to Sumatra at any second. You can count my vote as it was on her. :P

[quote name='Toujours Couture' post='1489760' date='Aug 21 2008, 17.14']Eh? I am sure it's just me being slow, but I don't understand this could you please explain?

And we have about 45 minutes left.[/quote]

I'd like to lynch one of Hard Rock or Pepper. I'm currently voting for Hard Rock because she has another vote - my vote puts her at 2. Since we are down to 45 minutes left in the day, I'd rather have my vote on the suspect who is more likely to be lynched (the mob of 2 on Hard Rock is bigger than the mob of 1 I'd have on Pepper if I voted for her).

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like either one of them will be lynched. We're getting to a point where we only have one real option, which is Sumatra. If things don't change, I'll be voting for her soon.

[quote name='Helly Kitty' post='1489761' date='Aug 21 2008, 17.16']Jazz, since we're in the final hour I suggest you put your vote where it's going to stay based on your own thoughts despite who does or doesn't have votes.[/quote]

Definitely don't agree with you here. In the final hour, asking who has votes on them is one of the key questions. If I vote for somebody who doesn't have any votes, my vote is just wasted.

[quote name='Jazz Diva' post='1489764' date='Aug 21 2008, 13.17']I'd like to lynch one of Hard Rock or Pepper. I'm currently voting for Hard Rock because she has another vote - my vote puts her at 2. Since we are down to 45 minutes left in the day, I'd rather have my vote on the suspect who is more likely to be lynched (the mob of 2 on Hard Rock is bigger than the mob of 1 I'd have on Pepper if I voted for her).

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like either one of them will be lynched. We're getting to a point where we only have one real option, which is Sumatra. If things don't change, I'll be voting for her soon.[/quote]

ok cool thanks

It is day 1.

15 players remain: Black Canary, Hard Rock Cafe, Helly Kitty, Jazz Diva, Medusa, Miss Aquamarine, Pepper, Preferably Pink, Sleepytime Gal, Sumatra-Indonesia, Supergirl, Tarina Tarantino, The Pirate, The Showgirl, Toujours Couture.

8 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

3 votes for Sleepytime Gal (Hard Rock Cafe, Sumatra-Indonesia, Medusa)
2 votes for Hard Rock Cafe (Miss Aquamarine, Jazz Diva)
2 votes for Sumatra-Indonesia (Toujours Couture, Tarina Tarantino)
1 vote for Medusa (Pepper)
1 vote for Miss Aquamarine (The Showgirl)
1 vote for Pepper (Sleepytime Gal)
1 vote for Tarina Tarantino (Preferably Pink)
1 vote for Toujours Couture (Black Canary)

3 players have not voted: Helly Kitty, Supergirl, The Pirate.

[quote name='House Blackfyre' post='1489772' date='Aug 21 2008, 17.19']It is day 1.

15 players remain: Black Canary, Hard Rock Cafe, Helly Kitty, Jazz Diva, Medusa, Miss Aquamarine, Pepper, Preferably Pink, Sleepytime Gal, Sumatra-Indonesia, Supergirl, Tarina Tarantino, The Pirate, The Showgirl, Toujours Couture.

3 players have not voted: Helly Kitty, Supergirl, The Pirate.[/quote]

Kitty voted for Sumatra.

Hope you didn't miss any other votes as well.

[quote name='Sleepy']Can we agree on Pepper?[/quote]

I'm willing to vote [b]Pepper[/b]. But I think we are going to be forced to switch to Sumatra soon.

[quote name='House Blackfyre' post='1489772' date='Aug 21 2008, 14.19']It is day 1.

3 players have not voted: Helly Kitty, Supergirl, The Pirate.[/quote]
Kitty is voting Sumatra I believe.

Archived