MAFIA 56 - Barbie World

House Targaryen

[quote name='Miss Aquamarine' post='1492958' date='Aug 24 2008, 21.56']At this point I am torn. I do believe Toujours is a Bad Barbie.[/quote]

Can I convince you otherwise?, cos if you don't believe me and act on that belief then the game is almost given to the FM. I strongly recommend you at least consider the case where I am telling the truth: lynching me is the best possible result for the FM - if they NK me I might get a investigation result first and share it and it makes me more plausible because either I am their symp and they killed me to CI themselves in which case they reduce their voting bloc or I am killed so I don't find out exactly who the FM are i.e. elminate one of my three suspects (this would be the real reason obviously since I am not a symp). Lynching means the real FM (two (I suppose) of Black Canary Showgirl and Hard Rock) get exactly what they want. Don't give it to them (unless you are their symp in which case in would be the logial move)

[quote name='Jazz Diva' post='1492951' date='Aug 24 2008, 22.53']I googled those numbers. The first result was a religious page. Nothing about M Parvez or a crystal structure.

I did google M Parvez and crystal and found the guy you were talking about. But I'm curious as to why your code is broken. Any explanation?

Anybody else want to check on this?[/quote]

It did work for me. This page:
[url="http://scripts.iucr.org/cgi-bin/paper?S0108270195009607"]M Parvez[/url]
is the first thing that appeared when I copied/pasted the numbers in the google search-box.

The second page was a religious one, though:
[url="http://www.usccb.org/nab/bible/psalms/psalm33.htm"]Psalms[/url].

[quote name='Miss Aquamarine' post='1492958' date='Aug 24 2008, 22.56']Tarina - you claim to believe Toujour, but you still vote for Diva - whom she cleared. Explain that.[/quote]

I've been voting for Black Canary for quite a while now.

[quote name='Miss Aquamarine' post='1492971' date='Aug 24 2008, 17.05']Diva you're trying to discredit me and are trying to come up with anything to do so without pushing too hard. It seems very suspicious from my point of view coupled with the fact that Toujour cleared you.[/quote]

I'm not trying to discredit you or anybody in particular. Read through my posts. I'm attacking everyone equally. You'd have to be blind to not see that. I'm working through this, trying to figure out who is lying. Trying to narrow things down. Stop focusing on yourself, and look at everything I've been posting. There's no way you can say I'm doing everything I can just to discredit you.

In response to Diva, you say

[quote name='Tarina Tarantino' post='1492942' date='Aug 24 2008, 15.41']Despite me believing Toujours' claim to a certain extent, I can't help this feeling you're evil. I'm also willing to lynch Canary today though.

As has been pointed out, there are so many roles out there that it's practically impossible that they're all genuine. I've given my reasons why I believe Toujours, but I certainly admit it's difficult to see who's genuine and who isn't. Kat's seemingly absurd reveal also lingers in my mind. That's why I think I'm going to close my eyes and trust my instincts.

My instinct tells me Canary and Diva. Let it be Canary today for Couture's reveal's sake.[/quote]

I misremembered the vote, but this is what I was talking about. You're willing to vote Diva even though you tend to believe Toujours. I don't follow the logic.

Fuck, I just remembered that Couture had a case against Kitty. And voted for her. Sure, a partner might distance like that. But a symp wouldn't. So Couture can't be a symp. I cleared Canary of being a symp for less....logic says Couture has to be cleared of being a symp by the same reasoning.

Updated worst case scenarios -

1) Aqua/Hard Rock as symp to Showgirl and Canary.

2) Hard Rock as symp to Couture and Tarina.

3) Tarina/Hard Rock as symp to Couture and Aqua.

I never said you were focusing only on me, but I am going to respond on attacks - direct or implied - about me. Right now the game hinges on who you (all of us) believe. Right now I see you keeping all of your options open to see which way the wind is blowing. Or you are indeed innocent and are doing as you say.

I have a clearer perspective from my seat, and I am playing accordingly.

[quote name='Miss Aquamarine' post='1492985' date='Aug 24 2008, 17.16']Right now I see you keeping all of your options open to see which way the wind is blowing.[/quote]

Wait, which is it? Am I running out of options, or am I keeping all of my options open? Just want to be clear about your accusation here.

[quote name='Miss Aquamarine' post='1492979' date='Aug 24 2008, 23.11']In response to Diva, you say

I misremembered the vote, but this is what I was talking about. You're willing to vote Diva even though you tend to believe Toujours. I don't follow the logic.[/quote]

I think my post explains itself... I strongly suspected Jazz and Canary of being the last two FM.

Then Couture (and a bunch of others...) revealed. I tend to believe Couture, which is why I'd rather lynch someone she hadn't cleared today, but my instinct tells me Jazz is guilty (maybe she's a symp?). Jazz never voted for Kitty or Canary, so it could be. Anyway, for today at least, I'll not trust my instinct over my logic.

[quote name='Jazz Diva' post='1492981' date='Aug 24 2008, 23.13']2) Hard Rock as symp to Couture and Tarina.[/quote]

This doesn't look likely. If me and Couture were FM we probably would have coordinated our attack better. Couture wouldn't have cleared you when I was writing this long post accusing you.

Running out of options to discredit me, keeping your options open for manipulating the vote. ;)

At the time I posted the running out of options comment, you had just retracted a point in Toujours' favor when Showgirl and I argued it, and I pointed out how it was unlikely I was Toujours' symp (which, I noticed you removed from your possible connections).

[quote name='Tarina Tarantino' post='1492991' date='Aug 24 2008, 17.25']This doesn't look likely. If me and Couture were FM we probably would have coordinated our attack better. Couture wouldn't have cleared you when I was writing this long post accusing you.[/quote]

I thought about that. Wasn't willing to dismiss a possible partnership based on it. Its possible you did that for misdirection, or that you weren't effectively communicating your intentions to each other.

It is day 4.

7 players remain: Black Canary, Hard Rock Cafe, Jazz Diva, Miss Aquamarine, Tarina Tarantino, The Showgirl, Toujours Couture.

4 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

2 votes for Black Canary (Tarina Tarantino, Toujours Couture)
1 vote for Hard Rock Cafe (Black Canary)
1 vote for Toujours Couture (The Showgirl)

3 players have not voted: Hard Rock Cafe, Jazz Diva, Miss Aquamarine.

[quote name='Miss Aquamarine' post='1492993' date='Aug 24 2008, 17.25']Running out of options to discredit me, keeping your options open for manipulating the vote. ;)

At the time I posted the running out of options comment, you had just retracted a point in Toujours' favor when Showgirl and I argued it, and I pointed out how it was unlikely I was Toujours' symp (which, I noticed you removed from your possible connections).[/quote]

Like I said, I'm not trying to discredit you. I'm trying to figure things out. So when somebody points out something that makes sense to me, I revise my suspect list accordingly.

It is day 4.

7 players remain: Black Canary, Hard Rock Cafe, Jazz Diva, Miss Aquamarine, Tarina Tarantino, The Showgirl, Toujours Couture.

4 votes are needed for a conviction or to go to night.

2 votes for Black Canary (Tarina Tarantino, Toujours Couture)
1 vote for Hard Rock Cafe (Black Canary)
1 vote for Toujours Couture (The Showgirl)

3 players have not voted: Hard Rock Cafe, Jazz Diva, Miss Aquamarine.

Mod Pebs is gonna bugger off now, she will see most of you in the morning.
Mod Jo is out watching a movie.
Mod Piper is (answers on a PM please)

Just so you know, if I were to lay a vote right now, it would be on Toujour with Diva as a close second, and Tarina after that.

Toujour I am confident is Bad, and even if she's not a killer, she is still Bad. We have let symps go before this and have learned that just because they are not a killer, doesn't mean they are not dangerous.

[quote name='Miss Aquamarine' post='1493000' date='Aug 24 2008, 17.32']Diva - who do you suspect most right now?[/quote]

Like I said before, based mostly on logic, I suspect Couture the most. Her role is too powerful for a CF game. Its easier to believe that we have a 1 shot healer, 1 shot finder, and guard.

But I'm still working through things.

[quote name='Miss Aquamarine' post='1493002' date='Aug 24 2008, 17.36']Toujour I am confident is Bad, and even if she's not a killer, she is still Bad. We have let symps go before this and have learned that just because they are not a killer, doesn't mean they are not dangerous.[/quote]

I don't think she can be a symp. She made a case on Kitty. She voted for Kitty. Why would a symp do that?

It could possibly work as distancing for a FM, but not a symp.

Archived