Sansa is the worst person in Westeros

Calanctus

[quote name='the Blauer Dragon' post='1756542' date='Apr 16 2009, 03.00']Can anyone say that they honestly hate a fictional character for any other reason?[/quote]
Whatever floats your boat - personally I find hating on a fictional character a bit of a waste of time and energy, but maybe that's just me. :unsure:

[quote name='Glue Your Eyelids' post='1756935' date='Apr 16 2009, 04.49']Whatever floats your boat - personally I find hating on a fictional character a bit of a waste of time and energy, but maybe that's just me. :unsure:[/quote]

I'd like to complain about people who hold things up by complaining about people who complain. Its about time something was done about it!

I've been wanting to add this to this thread for a while:

"The Stark army shivered and shattered and began to run. For a few moments, the chroniclers wrote, the conquest was at an end… but only for those few moments, before Sansa Stark joined the battle.

It was the only time that all her deadly powers were unleashed at once. The singers called it the Field of Fire."

[quote name='the Blauer Dragon' post='1756373' date='Apr 15 2009, 17.13']I'm not so certain that it is because she is inept. For me, I think it has more to do with my own bitter pile of unresolved issues. For me, Sansa brings forth the image of every spoiled little "rich bitch" that I've ever known. She's the prom queen, the head of the cheerleading squad, the stuck up little snob girl that always got everything she wanted and never had to know anything about the real world. She's that naive little twit that got away with murder simply because she was good looking and her Daddy was rich. She's the popular chick that treated everyone like shit and was loved for it. Her ineptitude springs from her sheltered existence, and her never having to give any thought to anything real in her surroundings. In real life, the types of women that I'm describing either get to live out their days in that state of blissfully indulgent ignorance (a la Paris Hilton), or reality brings a hammer down squarely between their ears and they live out their days as emotionally voided, insecure, self-loathing, crushed shells of their former selves. I am hoping that no matter how the story progresses, that there will be no happy endings for Sansa (unless LF puts her to work in one of her establishments and [i]happy endings[/i] falls into her job description).[/quote]

Why not Cersei? I read this whole paragraph with the Queen in mind, and it seemed to fit perfectly. Don't you want Cersei to suffer, too? Why pick on poor little Sansa?

...I think I just answered my own question. For all their similarities, there is one big difference. Cersei feigns innocence, but somewhere buried in that head of hers she knows she's self-centered and conniving. Sansa, however, is the real deal, genuinely unpretentious in her utter snobbery. Its Sansa's authenticity that's infuriating.

[quote name='McAndrus' post='1757105' date='Apr 17 2009, 00.17']Its Sansa's authenticity that's infuriating.[/quote]

Well... that and the fact she cut off Varys' nuts and burnt them in front of him.

[quote name='Zweihander' post='1756601' date='Apr 15 2009, 20.55']I think you're making some really interesting points here -- one place where I will disagree with you is on the topic of Ned Stark.

I agree that he is a terrible politician and just wasn't cut out for court intrigues. He's too honest and naively assumes that others will deal honestly with him as well. However, I DON'T think he is blind to the consequences of his actions. He knew, even before leaving Winterfell, that going to King's Landing would not go well for him. He felt very strongly that it was not his place and feared he would end just as his brother and father did. Further, he had numerous opportunities to "save himself" by capitulating to Cersei, Renly, or Littlefinger and refused to do so every time. When he is finally thrown in jail, he even admits to Varys that he is willing to die if it means living by the principles he holds dear.

So yes, while Ned Stark's brief foray into Southron politics ended very badly for his family and himself, his failures were due to weaknesses he recognized, and the outcomes were ones he foresaw even before taking his post. He failed because he was not sufficiently duplicitous for the task before him, and he recognized and acknowledged his own unwillingness to *ever* be so. Catelyn should never have made him go south.[/quote]

Well, you're quite right. That leaves a hole in my pretty parallel. I'm looking for a man who tries to do good, but, due to general ineptitude and lack of self-knowledge, botches it. Someone who highlights a stark contrast between intentions and results. Hurm. Tyrion? Possibly. Must investigate further.

[quote name='McAndrus' post='1757118' date='Apr 17 2009, 00.30']Well, you're quite right. That leaves a hole in my pretty parallel. I'm looking for a man who tries to do good, but, due to general ineptitude and lack of self-knowledge, botches it. Someone who highlights a stark contrast between intentions and results. Hurm. Tyrion? Possibly. Must investigate further.[/quote]

Edmure Tully?

What do you mean, if? I have to point that Sansa [i]is[/i] a warg. It's reasonable, seeing how all the other Stark kids cannot control it and that human warging is possible, that she, in the absence of an animal focus, would unconsciously react against what she unconsciously hate. She thus killed her own father, forced joffrey to try to kill micah and Arya, implanted the ideas of dwarves in Joffrey's mind and ravaged the countryside in the mountain's body.

Also, she is a Targaryen and a Faceless Man.

I'm not so certain that it is because she is inept. For me, I think it has more to do with my own bitter pile of unresolved issues. For me, Sansa brings forth the image of every spoiled little "rich bitch" that I've ever known. She's the prom queen, the head of the cheerleading squad, the stuck up little snob girl that always got everything she wanted and never had to know anything about the real world. She's that naive little twit that got away with murder simply because she was good looking and her Daddy was rich. She's the popular chick that treated everyone like shit and was loved for it. Her ineptitude springs from her sheltered existence, and her never having to give any thought to anything real in her surroundings. In real life, the types of women that I'm describing either get to live out their days in that state of blissfully indulgent ignorance (a la Paris Hilton), or reality brings a hammer down squarely between their ears and they live out their days as emotionally voided, insecure, self-loathing, crushed shells of their former selves. I am hoping that no matter how the story progresses, that there will be no happy endings for Sansa (unless LF puts her to work in one of her establishments and happy endings falls into her job description).

I like Paris Hilton.

And Sansa too, but they're not alike at all. Sansa's a soft, shy, little fawn, but she can also be quite brave. She was snobbish and wanted everything to be perfect, but cut her some slack: she was 11, and she's grown out of it.

I would just like to say that I avoided opening this thread not wanting to see yet another poorly done judgement thread, but this is awesome. This really made my night. Best reading since Sansa cut out the eyes of her scouts for not seeing troop movements.

For me, and this is-I admit-is quite personal, since I am typing this with one hand, her lowest moment was when she used the blood of her Shadow Babies, in a magic ritual, to conjure a worm-hole into Space/Time, went back and broke that poor puppeteers fingers.

For me, and this is-I admit-is quite personal, since I am typing this with one hand, her lowest moment was when she used the blood of her Shadow Babies, in a magic ritual, to conjure a worm-hole into Space/Time, went back and broke that poor puppeteers fingers.

What puppeteer’s fingers?

The only puppeteers I can think of are the ones that Sansa sent to Qyburn to be used in his experiements. (Though it was semi-justified, in my opinion, since they held a treasonous play about a kingdom of animals that was ruled by a pack of blood-hungry wolves. My daughter would have done the same in Sansa's place, I am certain... Maybe that's why I always had a soft spot for Sansa despite all the atrocities she has committed.)

Archived